Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By Pickles
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
He can be as interested as he wants but he has no money to bring anybody. I have a feeling Salah will be sold this summer to have funds to buy other players

Now that would be a hard sell from the club to the fans. There'll be a mutiny the likes they've never experienced before, even bigger than the intended ticket price hikes and the breakaway Super League.

Salah has stated several times he wants to end his career at Liverpool. As far as I'm aware he never rocks the boat regarding wanting to go anywhere else unlike previous players...Coutinho, Suarez or Torres.

There'd be no excusing FSG selling Salah unless they were bringing in somebody like Mbappe to replace him.
[/quote]

Correct.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
He can be as interested as he wants but he has no money to bring anybody. I have a feeling Salah will be sold this summer to have funds to buy other players

Now that would be a hard sell from the club to the fans. There'll be a mutiny the likes they've never experienced before, even bigger than the intended ticket price hikes and the breakaway Super League.

Salah has stated several times he wants to end his career at Liverpool. As far as I'm aware he never rocks the boat regarding wanting to go anywhere else unlike previous players...Coutinho, Suarez or Torres.

There'd be no excusing FSG selling Salah unless they were bringing in somebody like Mbappe to replace him.

But it is a negotiation, Salah knows the fans back him and want him to stay, his people will be using that in the negotiations, they know the pressure on FSG to keep him, but if he is being unreasonable in his demands, we might bot be able to afford to just give all his demands.

He has been a great player for us, I want him to stay, but names have come and gone over the years, we will continue. But it is reaching a crunch point, in 12 months he can sign a pre-contract for an overseas club, the longer these negotiations drag on, the less chance Salah will stay, how many times did we hear how negotiations were progressing with Wij and Cann when they were negotiating?

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

But it is a negotiation, Salah knows the fans back him and want him to stay, his people will be using that in the negotiations, they know the pressure on FSG to keep him, but if he is being unreasonable in his demands, we might bot be able to afford to just give all his demands.

He has been a great player for us, I want him to stay, but names have come and gone over the years, we will continue. But it is reaching a crunch point, in 12 months he can sign a pre-contract for an overseas club, the longer these negotiations drag on, the less chance Salah will stay, how many times did we hear how negotiations were progressing with Wij and Cann when they were negotiating?

Y
Salah and his team know his price. You are referring to him putting pressure on FSG and the fans having his back. Kevin DeBryune got a new contract at city from looking at statistics from his image to his contributions on the pitch and the value that would bring to city in say the 4 year contract he was asking for.

Now I'm sure Salah's team have done the same. In his case it may be easier as he is currently the best player in the world. Now what are the top 10 players in the world paid and take into account that we are in the premier league. Is it unreasonable for the best player on the planet to ask for 400k? I don't think so. Harry Maguire is getting paid 200k+ he could be on more than Salah. Which is laughable. The list goes on.

Why shouldn't he be asking for 400k? If that is the market rate

Last edited by paul66; 20/01/22 04:42 PM.
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Players come and go. Players like Salah should not just come and go. Salah won't be replaced with better or a combination of the same or better.

Sign him up give him his market rate and sign others players like a club with ambition to win things

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By paul66
Players come and go. Players like Salah should not just come and go. Salah won't be replaced with better or a combination of the same or better.

Sign him up give him his market rate and sign others players like a club with ambition to win things

Who knows if we can afford what he is asking, if we give him the market rate for Top 10 player, say £400K a week, we would have other players who could come in and say I am worth that, players like VvD, Fab, TAA etc.

Also, Salah is nearly 30, do we want to give him a big fat contract for 4-5 years at that age? the club would be straddling itself with a huge commitment that would affect our future signings, his form could dip in a year or he could get an injury that impacts him, he keeps himself in great shape, but you never know.

Also the next star we tried to sign, say Bellingham, his agent would just say we want what Salah has, this has been allot of Man Utd downfall, paying crazy money to players not worth it and they cannot get rid of, them and City can afford to waste money, we cannot and remain competitive.

This is not having a go at Salah, he is a great player and has been a great professional and caused no problems, I would love for him to stay, but we cannot he held to ransom by any player. We need to be looking for the next Salah & Mane, whether Salah stays or not.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By paul66

Who knows if we can afford what he is asking, if we give him the market rate for Top 10 player, say £400K a week, we would have other players who could come in and say I am worth that, players like VvD, Fab, TAA etc.

Also, Salah is nearly 30, do we want to give him a big fat contract for 4-5 years at that age? the club would be straddling itself with a huge commitment that would affect our future signings, his form could dip in a year or he could get an injury that impacts him, he keeps himself in great shape, but you never know.

Also the next star we tried to sign, say Bellingham, his agent would just say we want what Salah has, this has been allot of Man Utd downfall, paying crazy money to players not worth it and they cannot get rid of, them and City can afford to waste money, we cannot and remain competitive.

This is not having a go at Salah, he is a great player and has been a great professional and caused no problems, I would love for him to stay, but we cannot he held to ransom by any player. We need to be looking for the next Salah & Mane, whether Salah stays or not.

I don't think the club can or want to pay him 400k/wk, so I can definitely see him going to PSG to replace Mbappe this summer. If anything I would like his situation sorted out first week of the transfer season latest.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
The fact this has slowly been raising it's ugly head does have me concerned!

FSG have history in long drawing this out, to the point it starts getting offensive to the individual.

Why they are even allowing talk on Salah makes this reprehensible on their behalf. And boll..ox to process!!! Salah is no ordinary player like Emre Can or Gini Wijnaldum.

Fans really need to let their voices be heard on this, the longer we allow this to fester, the worse case scenario it will become.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The fact this has slowly been raising it's ugly head does have me concerned!

FSG have history in long drawing this out, to the point it starts getting offensive to the individual.

Why they are even allowing talk on Salah makes this reprehensible on their behalf. And boll..ox to process!!! Salah is no ordinary player like Emre Can or Gini Wijnaldum.

Fans really need to let their voices be heard on this, the longer we allow this to fester, the worse case scenario it will become.

I think the club has decided, take it or sell, that's their last chance to make a hefty sale. However, if Salah call their bluff and lets his contract run down, then they will cry

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 22/01/22 03:00 AM.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I can see why Salah is demanding 400k when off form players like pogba and de gea are on 350k+. Aubameyang is 33 and he is on 280k but goes up to 350k with bonuses. Salah won't slow down after 30 imo hes a late bloomer. He is arguably the best player in world football right now. If the club are refusing to buy players, may aswell pay up and keep our best players before we lose them.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I can see why Salah is demanding 400k when off form players like pogba and de gea are on 350k+. Aubameyang is 33 and he is on 280k but goes up to 350k with bonuses. Salah won't slow down after 30 imo hes a late bloomer. He is arguably the best player in world football right now. If the club are refusing to buy players, may aswell pay up and keep our best players before we lose them.

I fully agree that Salah's demands are warranted, but personally can't see the club paying that kind of money, that's just above our league. I think they are pushing Salah's agent to look for other options so that they can pocket some money to rebuild the team, we saw that with Coutinho. They will try to see what they can get on the market but they might be playing with fire if Salah runs down his contract

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 22/01/22 05:17 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion