Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#639424 29/12/21 12:06 AM
T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
6 points behind going into AFCON where we effectively lose our entire attack? Klopp saying we are not replacing parting players, which means no strengthening despite FSG telling us in the summer that they would make it up to us after the Superleague debacle. To be fair - a title challenge v Man City and Chelsea was always a long-shot when you look at our squads and our transfer policy. But the loss v Leicester was effectively a killer. We could be 12 points down by the point we face Chelsea. Not sure things are going to get better during AFCON - who replaces Salah's goals?

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
It's all over, I know it's a premature conclusion but city are capable of winning 14-15 games in a row and we won't catch them. My advice for Klopp is to take the league and fa cup very seriously because the league is done, we need to stay perfect for 10 games minimum while city drop points so I just don't see it happening. Focus on the CL and cups and stop playing kids when you're in semifinals and closer to a final.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
It's all over, I know it's a premature conclusion but city are capable of winning 14-15 games in a row and we won't catch them. My advice for Klopp is to take the league and fa cup very seriously because the league is done, we need to stay perfect for 10 games minimum while city drop points so I just don't see it happening. Focus on the CL and cups and stop playing kids when you're in semifinals and closer to a final.

I agree it's all over, that said, we cannot take the league lightly because we need to qualify for CL

T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
It's not that CIty won't drop points... they will here and there. The problem is - will we capitalise when they do? With AFCON coming and our reluctance to strengthen the squad - I'm sure we will drop points too.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It’s increasingly unlikely we will win it but it’s hardly over

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
It’s increasingly unlikely we will win it but it’s hardly over

Is the right answer.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
we have to win every single game and hope they lose the derby ..thats just for goal difference too . its over , we not good enough this year

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
we have to win every single game and hope they lose the derby ..thats just for goal difference too . its over , we not good enough this year

Agree, and we are not going to be better any time soon, this team is ageing and the new manager after Klopp will need to renew a big part of the team but without much funds

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Very tricky now, City don't look like losing anytime soon. Gonna be difficult now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Andred
Very tricky now, City don't look like losing anytime soon. Gonna be difficult now.

Even if they did, we will lose even more

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Salah has been carrying the club on his back and hes gone for a month. Our next top scorer is Jota but with a less quality supporting cast in minamino and Origi so we will score less now and as a consequence we will drop more points. It's all over folks, focus on the cups now. I would be really annoyed if we play kids vs Arsenal when there's an opportunity to win trophies.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
it's done and in all honesty we were never in a title challenge , to be in a title challenge you still have to be within touching distance come April, it's January and we are way off the pace.

It's difficult to be annoyed because this is one of the best Liverpool teams I think I'll ever witness in my life, the problem is the frankenstien club which is man city exists in the same sphere.

One area which I am annoyed is just game management. There were some key times where we have gone ahead in games and just needed to pass the ball around a bit and stop games turning into basketball quarters. Is it our players that can't dictate the tempo of games of do we just get overrun by the opposition now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion