KopTalk

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#639181 - 14/11/21 02:36 PM Re: TAA [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Pickles
Our fragility this season has been because the midfield has not been a consistent same 3. It puts our defence under pressure not knowing the players in front of them from one game to the next.

We've had so many different midfield combinations this season it's mirroring what was happening with our CB's last season.

I hope Klopp / Edwards (before he departs) find a couple of solid midfielders who are not made of glass, who are an upgrade on what we have. Preferably in January because the players we currently have are not able to stay fit and healthy for any reasonable length of time.

I rather think it's because we are very exposed with our FBs bombing forwards and TAA struggles when it's too physical

Edited by EnergisedReds (14/11/21 02:36 PM)

#639189 - 14/11/21 06:22 PM Re: TAA [Re: EnergisedReds]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By BARTON42
What about a 3-4-3 formation with Robertson and TAA alongside Fabhino and Henderson in midfield? Maybe would stop midfield being bypassed.

I agree, as I said 523 is the same as 343, just depends where the FBs are. It just means 3 central defenders

It would make sense given the shortage of midfield players we have and would give CB's more game time but I worry it would turn us into Spurs or Man U.

I like the way we play. TV loves our style which is why we are on more than Chelsea or Man City. Exposure brings more fans and as soon as you name a team containing Robertson, VVD, Matip, Gomez (or Konate) and TAA that's 523 in anyone's language however you dress it up. I just think we would lose something in our identity if we did that.

However a team containing 3 CB's suddenly becomes 343 when you take out TAA or Robertson and replace them with Jones or Ox.

Our problems v West Ham were trying to play balls through the middle when they were lining up with almost 2 banks of 5 at 0-1 and not deviating too much from it at 1-1. When we lost possession second half up the middle West Ham only had to commit one extra player forward to cause us problems. We stopped playing our natural game of stretching opponents from side to side.

TAA is not the greatest defender because he is often so far up the pitch and although he can deliver a killer ball from anywhere we have a better chance of that the further forward he is.

I think it all depends whether you want your defenders to primarily stop goals or to be a part of the attack. If you have attacking defenders who create as much as TAA or Robertson For that manner it is hard to criticise their defensive abilities. If you don't have a TAA in your team you have to spend millions of pounds on a creative midfielder who will do that for you week in week out.

#639230 - 21/11/21 01:39 PM Re: TAA [Re: AccaBoosty]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By BARTON42
What about a 3-4-3 formation with Robertson and TAA alongside Fabhino and Henderson in midfield? Maybe would stop midfield being bypassed.

I agree, as I said 523 is the same as 343, just depends where the FBs are. It just means 3 central defenders

It would make sense given the shortage of midfield players we have and would give CB's more game time but I worry it would turn us into Spurs or Man U.

I like the way we play. TV loves our style which is why we are on more than Chelsea or Man City. Exposure brings more fans and as soon as you name a team containing Robertson, VVD, Matip, Gomez (or Konate) and TAA that's 523 in anyone's language however you dress it up. I just think we would lose something in our identity if we did that.

However a team containing 3 CB's suddenly becomes 343 when you take out TAA or Robertson and replace them with Jones or Ox.

Our problems v West Ham were trying to play balls through the middle when they were lining up with almost 2 banks of 5 at 0-1 and not deviating too much from it at 1-1. When we lost possession second half up the middle West Ham only had to commit one extra player forward to cause us problems. We stopped playing our natural game of stretching opponents from side to side.

TAA is not the greatest defender because he is often so far up the pitch and although he can deliver a killer ball from anywhere we have a better chance of that the further forward he is.

I think it all depends whether you want your defenders to primarily stop goals or to be a part of the attack. If you have attacking defenders who create as much as TAA or Robertson For that manner it is hard to criticise their defensive abilities. If you don't have a TAA in your team you have to spend millions of pounds on a creative midfielder who will do that for you week in week out.

The more I watch TAA, the more I see him being a right midfielder quite close to what David Beckham was actually, but I understand, Klopp's tactics is quite different

Edited by EnergisedReds (21/11/21 01:41 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements 1

Liverpool FC Discussion
RIP Ray Kennedy
by Oli
02/12/21 04:56 PM
Thiago
by EnergisedReds
01/12/21 05:33 PM
Have we sorted our defensive problems?
by EnergisedReds
29/11/21 05:05 PM
Andy Roberston injury news
by Snakeye
29/11/21 09:42 AM
Liverpools up and comings
by Stanley Park
26/11/21 10:49 AM

Advertisements 2

General Discussion
What’s a discontinued food or beverage item you wish ...
by Pickles
30/11/21 12:56 AM
if you woke up as the last person alive tomorrow ...
by Dunk
15/11/21 10:48 AM
What celebrity death surprised you the most?
by Dunk
15/11/21 10:40 AM
What is something completely real that happened ...
by Dunk
11/11/21 10:15 PM
Brexit
by Stanley Park
07/11/21 06:33 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 44
Dunk 28
Stanley Park 17
ecnirp98 13
BARTON42 11
The Kop Prophet 10