Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
The oft-expressed idea that celebrities (or your milkman for that matter) are not entitled to political opinion is beyond blinkered. Klopp is more than just a football personality - he's a husband, a father, an immigrant, a German that grew up in the cold war era, and an intellect. I for one am intrigued to hear his take on things - and think more celebrities should stop hiding behind their privilege and speak out on issues.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
The oft-expressed idea that celebrities (or your milkman for that matter) are not entitled to political opinion is beyond blinkered. Klopp is more than just a football personality - he's a husband, a father, an immigrant, a German that grew up in the cold war era, and an intellect. I for one am intrigued to hear his take on things - and think more celebrities should stop hiding behind their privilege and speak out on issues.

I agree everyone has the right to an opinion and everyone should feel comfortable speaking about it if asked the opportunity arises.

The one thing that celebrities and high earning elite need to bare in mind though is that their opinions and political persuasions aren't necessarily correct and shouldn't patronise the masses if they have differing views. Perfect example being celebrities who bang on about climate change and refuse to leave the private jet at home but are quite happy to tell you that you should drive less.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Can you love this man more. Good on Klopp 3 gobshites of the highest order.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

I agree everyone has the right to an opinion and everyone should feel comfortable speaking about it if asked the opportunity arises.

The one thing that celebrities and high earning elite need to bare in mind though is that their opinions and political persuasions aren't necessarily correct and shouldn't patronise the masses if they have differing views. Perfect example being celebrities who bang on about climate change and refuse to leave the private jet at home but are quite happy to tell you that you should drive less.

I don't agree, anybody cay say what he/she thinks. As for those talking about climate change and using their jets, they will just lose credibility

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
He has a right to a political opinion as do we all. But I don’t care what his political opinion is on anything, any more than I care what my milkman thinks about politics

So whose political views do you care about, excluding yours of course?

I only care about my own why should I be bothered about anyones political opinions klopp is not even a registered voter in my country. But even if he was that’s his business nor are my political opinions his business

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And I agree with Jim beams opinion above simply because someone is a celebrity does not give them any more wisdom than the person in the street and it’s supremely arrogant of them to think so.

I remember a few years ago one of the actresses on coronation street was urging the public to vote as per her opinion simply because she was an actress in a soap.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And I agree with Jim beams opinion above simply because someone is a celebrity does not give them any more wisdom than the person in the street and it’s supremely arrogant of them to think so.

I remember a few years ago one of the actresses on coronation street was urging the public to vote as per her opinion simply because she was an actress in a soap.

Didn't you say you didn't care about the political views of your milkman, so not very different to your actress

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Didn't you say you didn't care about the political views of your milkman, so not very different to your actress

Political views are personal to the individual that’s the whole idea, then we vote. I vote on what I think not what my neighbour thinks. That’s how it works in the uk maybe you have a different system in Mauritius ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Political views are personal to the individual that’s the whole idea, then we vote. I vote on what I think not what my neighbour thinks. That’s how it works in the uk maybe you have a different system in Mauritius ?

So what's your beef if Klopp says what he thinks, I think in UK people are allowed to express their opinions, no?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I have no beef with whatever klopp thinks about politics and never said I had

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion