KopTalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#638992 - 19/10/21 10:38 PM Lucky
BARTON42 Offline
Under 16 Player

Very lucky to draw against City after a very poor first half.

Very lucky to draw against a 10 man Chelsea.

Very lucky tonight against 10 man At Madrid.

We can blow away the weaker teams like Watford but struggle defensively against the stronger ones.

Interesting to see how we get on with Man Utd at the weekend.

#638994 - 19/10/21 11:00 PM Re: Lucky [Re: BARTON42]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Very lucky to score 3 or more goals in our last SEVEN away games.
Can you understand why this site is dead and buried?

#638995 - 19/10/21 11:11 PM Re: Lucky [Re: BARTON42]
Snakeye Online   happy
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
Fk off

#638997 - 20/10/21 08:10 AM Re: Lucky [Re: Snakeye]
BARTON42 Offline
Under 16 Player

Originally Posted By Snakeye
Fk off

Disappointing from you Snakeye.

The point is that against the stronger teams/players we are struggling defensively.

#638998 - 20/10/21 08:44 AM Re: Lucky [Re: BARTON42]
Metz Offline
Trialist

Not lucky in my opinion - if anything it shows how persistent and confident this team is, to hold their nerve and win in a very hostile environment

The sending off changed the game and the outcome may well have been different, but this squad knows how to come through adversity

I do worry about our midfield Keita was at fault for both Atletico's goals and apart from his screamer goal didn't do much, Milner is looking leggy, hopefully Thiago and Jones will be back soon and that should improve things

#638999 - 20/10/21 09:26 AM Re: Lucky [Re: BARTON42]
RedJohn Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By BARTON42

We can blow away the weaker teams like Watford..

Interesting to see how we get on with Man Utd at the weekend.

Blow them away surely?...

#639002 - 20/10/21 10:36 AM Re: Lucky [Re: Metz]
BARTON42 Offline
Under 16 Player

Originally Posted By Metz
Not lucky in my opinion - if anything it shows how persistent and confident this team is, to hold their nerve and win in a very hostile environment

The sending off changed the game and the outcome may well have been different, but this squad knows how to come through adversity

I do worry about our midfield Keita was at fault for both Atletico's goals and apart from his screamer goal didn't do much, Milner is looking leggy, hopefully Thiago and Jones will be back soon and that should improve things

Good post Metz thanks.

Maybe lucky the wrong word but the point is that the defence is not looking as solid vs the bigger teams as it used to.

#639007 - 20/10/21 05:28 PM Re: Lucky [Re: BARTON42]
Snakeye Online   happy
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
I should of used a better word to describe my annoyance I apologise. When we face bigger clubs we get pressed harder so we have little time to maneuver the ball thus making mistakes on keeping the ball and since our fullbacks are so high we have 2 cbs and a midfielder covering counter attacks so it's not exactly rocket science that we look more vulnerable. I watched City v Chelsea and Chelsea were completely outclassed so top teams tend to do that.

I am a bit annoyed because our fans are saying we shouldn't of won this game, we got a lucky decision etc even tho the decisions are correct in our favour so I don't understand this negative thinking, there is many moments and elements in a game and not all of them were pretty from our point of view but at the end we won and deserved imo. Even the City draw, I feel we should of won that game as we took the lead twice and with better game management we could of won.

We need to learn how to manage games if we want to win trophies, and the Athletico and City games are two good examples where we could of done much better.

#639010 - 20/10/21 06:48 PM Re: Lucky [Re: Snakeye]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Snakeye
I should of used a better word to describe my annoyance I apologise. When we face bigger clubs we get pressed harder so we have little time to maneuver the ball thus making mistakes on keeping the ball and since our fullbacks are so high we have 2 cbs and a midfielder covering counter attacks so it's not exactly rocket science that we look more vulnerable. I watched City v Chelsea and Chelsea were completely outclassed so top teams tend to do that.

I am a bit annoyed because our fans are saying we shouldn't of won this game, we got a lucky decision etc even tho the decisions are correct in our favour so I don't understand this negative thinking, there is many moments and elements in a game and not all of them were pretty from our point of view but at the end we won and deserved imo. Even the City draw, I feel we should of won that game as we took the lead twice and with better game management we could of won.

We need to learn how to manage games if we want to win trophies, and the Athletico and City games are two good examples where we could of done much better.

Indeed, we look so vulnerable at the back, Milan, Brentford, Atletico, even against City we struggled, though everybody struggles against City

#639018 - 23/10/21 10:22 AM Re: Lucky [Re: BARTON42]
Pickles Offline
1st Team Squad

To be fair VVD is finding his feet again after such a bad injury and has done better than I expected since the start of this season.
It was inevitable he wasn't going to be the exact same player but both him and Matip have done extremely well so far this season.
Having VVD back has galvanized players further up the field getting us back to our imperious best...you only have to look at Mo and Bobby's contributions so far from when we were without VVD.

The teams we struggled against this season are par for the course:

Citeh are always going to cause us problems because they are the best team around.

Brentford because they have that new team syndrome of almost childish exuberance and no fear. Come past midway of the season and the hard slog, reality will bite and they'll be happy to be away from a relegation scrap and solidifying a position in the PL next season.

Chelsea, I was surprised at because we lacked a cutting edge even with the extra man. Klopp dropped a ball in that game playing Henderson left side midfield and having Elliot on the right. Although he was doing well it was not a game Elliot should have started. It was also only the 3rd game in so ring rustiness was a factor.

Atletico Madrid game, we had them on the ropes and we allowed them back in. They are a dogged team who play the game much like an Italian team of old, kicking players, feigning inury, winding opposing teams up. We will always struggle at times, versus teams like Atletico Madrid. It's just who they are, cheating baskets...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements 1

Liverpool FC Discussion
RIP Ray Kennedy
by Oli
02/12/21 04:56 PM
Thiago
by EnergisedReds
01/12/21 05:33 PM
Have we sorted our defensive problems?
by EnergisedReds
29/11/21 05:05 PM
Andy Roberston injury news
by Snakeye
29/11/21 09:42 AM
Liverpools up and comings
by Stanley Park
26/11/21 10:49 AM

Advertisements 2

General Discussion
What’s a discontinued food or beverage item you wish ...
by Pickles
30/11/21 12:56 AM
if you woke up as the last person alive tomorrow ...
by Dunk
15/11/21 10:48 AM
What celebrity death surprised you the most?
by Dunk
15/11/21 10:40 AM
What is something completely real that happened ...
by Dunk
11/11/21 10:15 PM
Brexit
by Stanley Park
07/11/21 06:33 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 44
Dunk 28
Stanley Park 17
ecnirp98 13
BARTON42 11
The Kop Prophet 10