KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#638832 - 30/09/21 02:21 PM Re: Jones performance [Re: EnergisedReds]
jim_beam Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: North Wales
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
It's great when you can see young players come through and play for the club, I can see why Klopp doesn't want to bring too many players in and block their progression.

Depends what our objective should be, is it to develop young players or win trophies.

Both of those reasons are legitimate and not mutually exclusive.

Develop a young footballer who goes on to be an asset for years to come or if they are not quite making it sell for a decent amount of money and then invest.

Buying a top player and not blocking a young player playing regularly for the club in the first team are actually mutually exclusive in the same position

Yeah I mean we're splitting hairs now they literally can't play in the same game but on a rotation basis it works or if you sell a good player to invest money in a top star then that works.

We all know people on here like a good moan about the team being threadbare so I thought suggesting having top talent and great upcoming youngsters would go down well but I can see now most people are just hard to please.

#638833 - 30/09/21 09:46 PM Re: Jones performance [Re: jim_beam]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester

Depends what our objective should be, is it to develop young players or win trophies.

Develop a young footballer who goes on to be an asset for years to come or if they are not quite making it sell for a decent amount of money and then invest.

Buying a top player and not blocking a young player playing regularly for the club in the first team are actually mutually exclusive in the same position

Yeah I mean we're splitting hairs now they literally can't play in the same game but on a rotation basis it works or if you sell a good player to invest money in a top star then that works.

We all know people on here like a good moan about the team being threadbare so I thought suggesting having top talent and great upcoming youngsters would go down well but I can see now most people are just hard to please.

Having quality players coming through the academy means we can invest in other areas where we need to spend big money to strengthen where needed, like we did with VvD & Alisson, Klopp had seen we needed an instant answer to those problems positions and spent big.

Having quality players come through does not mean you cannot spend big where required, it should help release money for this, look at Man Utd in the 90's, they had a great group of players come through, but they also spent big on quality and experience in players like Keane, Cole, van Nistelrooy & Ferdinand.

As others have said, if they are not good enough, we can make big money selling them on.

My original point is that it is special to see young players come through the academy and play for the first team, they have a special connection with the fans and the club, no matter how much you spend to bring in a superstar, they never seem to have that same relationship IMO.

#638834 - 01/10/21 10:46 AM Re: Jones performance [Re: ecnirp98]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Also I think home grown players often turn out to be the legends

#638866 - 05/10/21 08:21 AM Re: Jones performance [Re: EnergisedReds]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
It's great when you can see young players come through and play for the club, I can see why Klopp doesn't want to bring too many players in and block their progression.

It is more important to develop the players because that saves you the millions you need to line up key signings in other areas. The midfield in 3 years time may very well be based on Elliott and Jones. Even then they will still be very young. But young with experience.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Newcastle takeover.
by EnergisedReds
19/10/21 01:33 AM
Bring back the super league now
by EMP
19/10/21 12:02 AM
John Barnes v Mo Salah
by EMP
18/10/21 05:35 PM
Mo Salah
by Snakeye
16/10/21 01:26 PM
Unrest starting at Citeh? Sterling hints at fresh challenge
by Snakeye
15/10/21 08:52 PM

General Discussion
Brexit
by EMP
18/10/21 11:56 PM
Pfizer Scientists Your [COVID] Antibodies Better Than Vax!
by Pickles
05/10/21 12:35 AM
England 30,305 people died within 21days of having COVID Vax
by EnergisedReds
28/09/21 04:25 PM
What widely believed historical "fact" is actually ...
by EMP
26/09/21 06:38 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 61
Stanley Park 54
EMP 37
ecnirp98 36
Hendominator 16
Snakeye 16
BARTON42 14
jim_beam 11
kernowred 10