Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
On paper you cannot argue with what FSG have delivered in their 10 years, when they took Liverpool FC over we were on the verge of going into administration under Hicks & Gillet, with banks calling on our loans and court battles over ownership, our best players like Alonso & Mascherano had been recently sold off to furnish our debts, with other star players like Torres wanting to leave, we had Hodgson in charge as manager, who could blame them..... since that they have delivered the CL & PL, another CL final, Europa final and played some great football.

FSG have brought in probably the best manager we could have in Klopp, for what he can do on a relatively small budget and for how he works and links with the club/fans, it is a unique relationship in the modern era.

FSG bought us relatively cheap as a distressed club on the verge of banks calling in loans, they have improved our commercial business, based on our global name, which has hugely increase our revenue and has meant we are pretty much self sufficient as a club, they are not sugar daddys who fund the club, they do not take any money out, they will get a hug pay off when they sell the club, as we are valued around 10 times what they paid for us.

The problem is we have an ageing team, key our front like are all 29-30, so need replacing in the next year or so, similar with Midfield, we have the likes of Henderson, Tiago in their early 30's, we need to bring in long term replacement for them to bring in their quality will cost big ££££ unless we are very lucky in the transfer market but not we have more competition from the likes of Leicester buying up & coming players.

VvD, Fab & Allisson were all bought off the back of selling Coutinho for a hugely overpriced fee, we may have got one without selling him, but not all 3. The concern now is there are not the crazy super clubs like Barca & RM paying the huge fee's for the likes of Coutinho as the market has plummeted and they are in big debt. Liverpool's model was to sell high and bring in cheaper replacements and develop them into world class players, like we did with Mane & Salah, but this is harden now as our rivals are doing similar.

I think the big concern is that our rivals like Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City are making big long term investments, buying the best World Class players like Sancho, Havertz, Grealish etc, which in the long term I think will leave us behind as we will struggle to find the equivalent at a cheap price, which we have to spend based on our balancing the books model, where as our rivals do not due to their ownership funding them (apart from Utd who have a unique brand that just generates £££ even when they are crap!!!).

So overall I think FSG have been good owners, if you would have told most LFC fans that we would win the CL & PL and have the best manager on the planet when they took over 10 years ago we would not have believed it. But FSG seem over cautious, just winning the PL & CL our profile was higher than ever, lots of leagues like La Liga , Germany & France are struggling, so their players are available at a lower price, look how Utd got Sancho, we could have done that, same with Havertz and Werner, now was the time to invest for the future and strengthen, but we also seem to try and do it on the cheap, relying on Klopp & Edwards to find diamonds for a quarter of the budget of our rivals......

Their strategy is to spend the least to qualify for CL and if we don't win any trophy, I prefer we don't qualify for CL, so that they either change their model or sell and go. We won't go very far with them, we are already huffing and puffing with our ageing squad

I agree, the bottom line for FSG is CL qualification, that brings in huge revenue we need, they obviously want to win PL & CL etc, but if the season ends with us qualifying for the CL, they will be happy.

Abit like last season, awful for most fans, but FSG would have been happy with 3rd and probably patted themselves on the back for not panicing and buying players that were not needed as Fab, Rhys & Nat were fine at CB and got us CL qualification.........

FSG are not football fans, they are not in this too win trophies (though I am sure they would like to if it doesn't cost them), they bought us at a cheap price as an investment as we had financial problems and the banks forced a sale. They will happy make a huge profit when they sell, but there aren't that many buyers out there for a £2+Billion football club, comes back to the question who do we want as owners if not FSG, I wouldn't like to be owned by a state for sports washing or a dodgy Oligarch, most fans do not appear to care as long as they buy the latest star in Mbappe or Haaland etc and we win trophies....

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I agree with most of what ecnirp98 wrote.

I don't think they're 'bad' owners, could certainly be better, but I wouldn't want LFC to be a state sponsored plaything either.

It is quite frustrating being linked with players we know there's zero chance of us signing, and contracts being announced on transfer window deadlines. Gets very patronising. On the plus side the club is very stable, we have a world class manager and a great team - for now.

The biggest problem is that's who we're competing against. Any big injuries and our title bid is derailed. I'd be very suprised if we win it this year considering the competition and the fact the team's barely been improved in 3 years. When Chelsea with the CL, they buy a £100m striker.

Where will the team be in the next 3 years with an aged frontline and most importantly, no Klopp?

One look at the other title contenders benches tells it's own story:

Chelsea

Kepa
Christensen
Jorginho (player of the year?)
Werner
Loftus-Cheek
Azpilicueta
Barkley
Mount
Chilwell

Man U

Fred
Lindelof
Martial
Bailly
Mata
Lingard
Van de Beek

City

Stones
Ake
Sterling
DeBruyne
Foden
Mahrez
Zinchenko
Fernandinho

City's especially.. how can anyone compete with that. I wouldn't expect FSG to be able to but if half the rumours are true about missing out on top young talent because we couldn't off-load squad players - for a team of our stature it's a disgrace.

Utd had some top attacking players and still spend £75m on Sancho, even though they had similar players, and Ronaldo on crazy wages. It's only a matter of time before they get a world class manager like the other 2.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
On paper you cannot argue with what FSG have delivered in their 10 years, when they took Liverpool FC over we were on the verge of going into administration under Hicks & Gillet, with banks calling on our loans and court battles over ownership, our best players like Alonso & Mascherano had been recently sold off to furnish our debts, with other star players like Torres wanting to leave, we had Hodgson in charge as manager, who could blame them..... since that they have delivered the CL & PL, another CL final, Europa final and played some great football.

FSG have brought in probably the best manager we could have in Klopp, for what he can do on a relatively small budget and for how he works and links with the club/fans, it is a unique relationship in the modern era.

FSG bought us relatively cheap as a distressed club on the verge of banks calling in loans, they have improved our commercial business, based on our global name, which has hugely increase our revenue and has meant we are pretty much self sufficient as a club, they are not sugar daddys who fund the club, they do not take any money out, they will get a hug pay off when they sell the club, as we are valued around 10 times what they paid for us.

The problem is we have an ageing team, key our front like are all 29-30, so need replacing in the next year or so, similar with Midfield, we have the likes of Henderson, Tiago in their early 30's, we need to bring in long term replacement for them to bring in their quality will cost big ££££ unless we are very lucky in the transfer market but not we have more competition from the likes of Leicester buying up & coming players.

VvD, Fab & Allisson were all bought off the back of selling Coutinho for a hugely overpriced fee, we may have got one without selling him, but not all 3. The concern now is there are not the crazy super clubs like Barca & RM paying the huge fee's for the likes of Coutinho as the market has plummeted and they are in big debt. Liverpool's model was to sell high and bring in cheaper replacements and develop them into world class players, like we did with Mane & Salah, but this is harden now as our rivals are doing similar.

I think the big concern is that our rivals like Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City are making big long term investments, buying the best World Class players like Sancho, Havertz, Grealish etc, which in the long term I think will leave us behind as we will struggle to find the equivalent at a cheap price, which we have to spend based on our balancing the books model, where as our rivals do not due to their ownership funding them (apart from Utd who have a unique brand that just generates £££ even when they are crap!!!).

So overall I think FSG have been good owners, if you would have told most LFC fans that we would win the CL & PL and have the best manager on the planet when they took over 10 years ago we would not have believed it. But FSG seem over cautious, just winning the PL & CL our profile was higher than ever, lots of leagues like La Liga , Germany & France are struggling, so their players are available at a lower price, look how Utd got Sancho, we could have done that, same with Havertz and Werner, now was the time to invest for the future and strengthen, but we also seem to try and do it on the cheap, relying on Klopp & Edwards to find diamonds for a quarter of the budget of our rivals......

Their strategy is to spend the least to qualify for CL and if we don't win any trophy, I prefer we don't qualify for CL, so that they either change their model or sell and go. We won't go very far with them, we are already huffing and puffing with our ageing squad

I agree, the bottom line for FSG is CL qualification, that brings in huge revenue we need, they obviously want to win PL & CL etc, but if the season ends with us qualifying for the CL, they will be happy.

Abit like last season, awful for most fans, but FSG would have been happy with 3rd and probably patted themselves on the back for not panicing and buying players that were not needed as Fab, Rhys & Nat were fine at CB and got us CL qualification.........

FSG are not football fans, they are not in this too win trophies (though I am sure they would like to if it doesn't cost them), they bought us at a cheap price as an investment as we had financial problems and the banks forced a sale. They will happy make a huge profit when they sell, but there aren't that many buyers out there for a £2+Billion football club, comes back to the question who do we want as owners if not FSG, I wouldn't like to be owned by a state for sports washing or a dodgy Oligarch, most fans do not appear to care as long as they buy the latest star in Mbappe or Haaland etc and we win trophies....

I can't see why I would be unhappy if we were owned by the Emiratis or the Qataris, in fact, I would be happier if we had even the Everton owners

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion