Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
If we win anything this season, it's because Klopp is a genius manager, not because of FSG, they deserve zero credit.

+1

Pete: Berg, I'm just not cut out to be a good person.
Berg: I know. That's why the Lord gave us good looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hendominator
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
People have been saying we need a forward because we are short there. I do agree but I feel we are a lot more short in midfield with Wij gone. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Ox and Keita have all faced lenthly spells on the sidelines before and I feel this will be the problem again this season. It’s not a coincidence that Wij played almost every game despite not being first choice necessarily. That’s FSG for you though, stingy c*nts!

Do you know that we are sure to lose both Mo an Sadie beginning of next year because of the AFCON, who do we have to replace them, Origi, Minamino?

It’ll only be for two league games max. My plan to replace them would be Jota, Firmino, Elliott. That forward line is well capable of holding their own for 2 matches and an FA Cup game. I have faith that we have two decent back ups to the forward line in Firmino and Elliot, I also don’t mind minamino but Klopp doesn’t seem to favour him. I don’t want to see Origi or Gordon at all this season, if they’re on the pitch you know we will be struggling for numbers up front.

What i meant was that we have even less cover in front, if we add Origi, we'll be 3 players less in Jan. What if Jota is injured?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
People have been saying we need a forward because we are short there. I do agree but I feel we are a lot more short in midfield with Wij gone. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Ox and Keita have all faced lenthly spells on the sidelines before and I feel this will be the problem again this season. It’s not a coincidence that Wij played almost every game despite not being first choice necessarily. That’s FSG for you though, stingy c*nts!

Do you know that we are sure to lose both Mo an Sadie beginning of next year because of the AFCON, who do we have to replace them, Origi, Minamino?

It’ll only be for two league games max. My plan to replace them would be Jota, Firmino, Elliott. That forward line is well capable of holding their own for 2 matches and an FA Cup game. I have faith that we have two decent back ups to the forward line in Firmino and Elliot, I also don’t mind minamino but Klopp doesn’t seem to favour him. I don’t want to see Origi or Gordon at all this season, if they’re on the pitch you know we will be struggling for numbers up front.

What i meant was that we have even less cover in front, if we add Origi, we'll be 3 players less in Jan. What if Jota is injured?

Well just have to wait and see. Everyone keeps saying “if this player gets injured long term what do we do?” I agree our squad isn’t big enough to cope with a lot of injuries however there’s no guarantees that players will pick up a lot of injuries. Yes Murphy’s law dictates “Whatever can go wrong will go wrong” however we just have to hope for the best.

After last season I think a lot of us are fearing the worst with injuries however you have to remember that our squad has been thin for years and we’ve still won big trophies. In fact we won those trophies before we even had Jota for cover and we only had the front 3 so we’ve acc got more depth now. I’m not thrilled at the lack of signings either but have a little faith.

Pete: Berg, I'm just not cut out to be a good person.
Berg: I know. That's why the Lord gave us good looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Well just have to wait and see. Everyone keeps saying “if this player gets injured long term what do we do?” I agree our squad isn’t big enough to cope with a lot of injuries however there’s no guarantees that players will pick up a lot of injuries. Yes Murphy’s law dictates “Whatever can go wrong will go wrong” however we just have to hope for the best.

After last season I think a lot of us are fearing the worst with injuries however you have to remember that our squad has been thin for years and we’ve still won big trophies. In fact we won those trophies before we even had Jota for cover and we only had the front 3 so we’ve acc got more depth now. I’m not thrilled at the lack of signings either but have a little faith.

Of course we have to wait and see, what else can we do. Last season, when we didn't replace Lovren I said, like some others, we were taking a risk because of the brittle Gomez and Matip, then we all know what happened, but we still did nothing early Jan when we were top or second, by the time we did make a hesitant move taking Ozan on loan (I won't even talk Davies because we just bought as he was cheap and was easy to make a profit by selling), we almost didn't qualify for CL, let alone competing to retain the title.

This time you said we needed to buy a midfielder, I disagreed as we have less cover in front especially with both Mo and Sadio supposed to miss a few games. But yes, we can stay as we are, but we are not showing any ambition to win titles. However, anything is possible, even Leicester won the title. The question is, is it normal that we have the 10th or 12th net spend, I mean, how can 10 teams afford more than us?

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 06/09/21 06:35 PM.
T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
Now Elliott is injured... just pulled out of the U21 squad.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I'm available but I can't run, I will wait in the opposite box and wait for Salah and Mane to fly ahead of me so I'm no longer offside.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Now Elliott is injured... just pulled out of the U21 squad.

And so it begins

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Kop, you made a post earlier last month "are fans too obsessed about signings", well here it is, we are light on forwards. I don't know what FSG are doing. I hope it works out for us, but its not looking good for longevity.

T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
Kop, you made a post earlier last month "are fans too obsessed about signings", well here it is, we are light on forwards. I don't know what FSG are doing. I hope it works out for us, but its not looking good for longevity.

I talked about the fantasy expectations of fans - but always insisted that we were a striker light. WIth Firmino and Eliot out - our backup now seems to be Ox at false 9 - as he just doesn't seem to trust Minamino or Origi. It is indeed looking foolish not to strengthen in that area. An injury to Salah or Mane will effectively kill our season.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

I talked about the fantasy expectations of fans - but always insisted that we were a striker light. WIth Firmino and Eliot out - our backup now seems to be Ox at false 9 - as he just doesn't seem to trust Minamino or Origi. It is indeed looking foolish not to strengthen in that area. An injury to Salah or Mane will effectively kill our season.

You can add that Salah and Mane won't be playing for about a month in Jan, even if not injured.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion