KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#638613 - 04/09/21 04:10 PM Striker crisis already?
The Kop Prophet Offline
Under 16 Player

FSG made another massive mistake by not signing another striker in the window. Firmino got injured - and now Minamino has pulled out of the Japan squad with an injury. Figures right? They never learn!

So now we'll have to rely on the rusty (and somewhat lazy) Origi - or perhaps Ox in the false 9 until he gets injured. Won't be long before the likes of Kade Gordon are needed.

#638614 - 05/09/21 02:09 AM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: The Kop Prophet]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
FSG made another massive mistake by not signing another striker in the window. Firmino got injured - and now Minamino has pulled out of the Japan squad with an injury. Figures right? They never learn!

So now we'll have to rely on the rusty (and somewhat lazy) Origi - or perhaps Ox in the false 9 until he gets injured. Won't be long before the likes of Kade Gordon are needed.

I don't think they were relying much on Mina anyway, except for the cups and when Salah and Mane go to the AFCON, but we are definitely very thin in attack

#638615 - 05/09/21 11:04 AM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: The Kop Prophet]
klopp4kop Offline
Under 18 Player

Loc: london
https://www.koptalk.com/forums/ubbthread...html#Post638431 <- what happened to this?

It seems like we are the only team affected by COVID. Because teams like Chelsea, United, City etc. have managed to do business just fine.

We needed a midfielder and striker, but we failed to capitalise on this window.

#638617 - 05/09/21 01:23 PM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: klopp4kop]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
If we manage to finish in the top four and optimise profits FSG will regard it as a good year. David Mooreís famously said this club exists to win trophies those days are long gone.

#638619 - 05/09/21 02:12 PM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: Stanley Park]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
If we manage to finish in the top four and optimise profits FSG will regard it as a good year. David Mooreís famously said this club exists to win trophies those days are long gone.

Appears that way, winning something is a bonus for FSG, FSG just want CL qualification as the bottom line.

#638621 - 05/09/21 02:35 PM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: The Kop Prophet]
Hendominator Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Irish Free State
People have been saying we need a forward because we are short there. I do agree but I feel we are a lot more short in midfield with Wij gone. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Ox and Keita have all faced lenthly spells on the sidelines before and I feel this will be the problem again this season. Itís not a coincidence that Wij played almost every game despite not being first choice necessarily. Thatís FSG for you though, stingy c*nts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I

#638623 - 05/09/21 04:14 PM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: Hendominator]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Originally Posted By Hendominator
People have been saying we need a forward because we are short there. I do agree but I feel we are a lot more short in midfield with Wij gone. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Ox and Keita have all faced lenthly spells on the sidelines before and I feel this will be the problem again this season. Itís not a coincidence that Wij played almost every game despite not being first choice necessarily. Thatís FSG for you though, stingy c*nts!

Good point

#638628 - 05/09/21 05:46 PM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: Hendominator]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Do you know that we are sure to lose both Mo an Sadie beginning of next year because of the AFCON, who do we have to replace them, Origi, Minamino?

#638629 - 05/09/21 09:26 PM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: The Kop Prophet]
klopp4kop Offline
Under 18 Player

Loc: london
If we win anything this season, it's because Klopp is a genius manager, not because of FSG, they deserve zero credit.

#638630 - 06/09/21 12:01 AM Re: Striker crisis already? [Re: EnergisedReds]
Hendominator Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Irish Free State
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Do you know that we are sure to lose both Mo an Sadie beginning of next year because of the AFCON, who do we have to replace them, Origi, Minamino?

Itíll only be for two league games max. My plan to replace them would be Jota, Firmino, Elliott. That forward line is well capable of holding their own for 2 matches and an FA Cup game. I have faith that we have two decent back ups to the forward line in Firmino and Elliot, I also donít mind minamino but Klopp doesnít seem to favour him. I donít want to see Origi or Gordon at all this season, if theyíre on the pitch you know we will be struggling for numbers up front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
John Barnes v Mo Salah
by EnergisedReds
30 minutes 28 seconds ago
Mo Salah
by Snakeye
Today at 01:26 PM
Newcastle takeover.
by EnergisedReds
Today at 11:26 AM
Unrest starting at Citeh? Sterling hints at fresh challenge
by Snakeye
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
LB a problem with or without TAA
by EMP
08/10/21 12:07 PM

General Discussion
Brexit
by EMP
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Pfizer Scientists Your [COVID] Antibodies Better Than Vax!
by Pickles
05/10/21 12:35 AM
England 30,305 people died within 21days of having COVID Vax
by EnergisedReds
28/09/21 04:25 PM
What widely believed historical "fact" is actually ...
by EMP
26/09/21 06:38 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 61
Stanley Park 54
EMP 37
ecnirp98 36
Hendominator 16
Snakeye 16
BARTON42 14
jim_beam 11
kernowred 10