Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
No nato country could stay without the support of the Americans Biden arranged the catastrophic withdrawal and could have overturned anything trump agreed he is the American president allegedly.

Of course he has advisers but he is in charge

If you are a big fan of his you are the only person in the world that is, even Democrat newspapers and news channels are against him.

I would say he is a laughing stock except there is nothing funny about this

The only reason for overturning Trump's decision would have been the Americans wanting to stay there, did you want them to stay there?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yes I think we should have stayed in Afghanistan indefinitely and so do many military and political commentators including Rory Stewart who knows more about Afghanistan than you or me. We should have had small permanent bases with air support let the Afghan army do the ground fighting. Once we left them it was inevitable the Afghan army would fold.

Now we are in a very vulnerable position strategically and once again exposed to major terrorist attacks like 9/11.

But even if you disagree with above the organisation of the withdrawal has been catastrophic and it’s clear Biden is a dangerous liability and incapable of functioning probably in any capacity

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yes I think we should have stayed in Afghanistan indefinitely and so do many military and political commentators including Rory Stewart who knows more about Afghanistan than you or me. We should have had small permanent bases with air support let the Afghan army do the ground fighting. Once we left them it was inevitable the Afghan army would fold.

Now we are in a very vulnerable position strategically and once again exposed to major terrorist attacks like 9/11.

But even if you disagree with above the organisation of the withdrawal has been catastrophic and it’s clear Biden is a dangerous liability and incapable of functioning probably in any capacity

I don't think it was possible for Biden to have stayed after that the US had already negotiated a truce with the Taliban, otherwise, what credibility would the US have internationally, an agreement cannot be dependent on a country head, yes there can be a new agreement if the other party wants to negotiate, but you cannot just go back and say, it was my predecessor who signed the deal. A country head represents a country, not himself.

As for staying there, you are probably right, but this is not what Americans wanted/voted for as much as I remember, maybe Trump should have understood and explained the danger for Americans themselves.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don’t agree there’s plenty Biden could have negotiated around the trump deal. But even if not I think we must all agree the execution of the withdrawal has been an utter disaster.

One that I think will have far reaching implications and not in a good way.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don’t agree there’s plenty Biden could have negotiated around the trump deal. But even if not I think we must all agree the execution of the withdrawal has been an utter disaster.

One that I think will have far reaching implications and not in a good way.

You mean renegotiate a deal, by saying what, Trump was not supposed to negotiate, it was Trupm's deal, not US? I don't think that would have been right unless the Taliban were ok ti do it, in any case it was postponed by a few months. The only thing i don't understand is why the repatriation didnt start earlier, they all knew it would happen a year back. Only the French started early

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The organisation of it was a shambles by the US. And Biden must and will take responsibility for that. Even the Democrat media have turned against him. The ultra liberal New York Times being one,

Biden could have managed the situation, he didn’t that will go down in history

There’s also concern in his press conferences he doesn’t seem to have any gravitas or mental capacity.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The organisation of it was a shambles by the US. And Biden must and will take responsibility for that. Even the Democrat media have turned against him. The ultra liberal New York Times being one,

Biden could have managed the situation, he didn’t that will go down in history

There’s also concern in his press conferences he doesn’t seem to have any gravitas or mental capacity.

How could he have managed differently?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don’t know I am not in charge of the USA. But if I was in charge I would secure the area with sufficient forces to ensure an orderly withdrawal I would not allow the Taliban to direct events. I would also prepare for press conferences and if I had health issues I would not have stood for the job.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don’t know I am not in charge of the USA. But if I was in charge I would secure the area with sufficient forces to ensure an orderly withdrawal I would not allow the Taliban to direct events. I would also prepare for press conferences and if I had health issues I would not have stood for the job.

Well, they increased forces on the ground but it was never going to be orderly because nobody expected the corrupt Afgan government to fall so quickly, those who wanted to leave had a full year to leave, why did they wait for the last week? Some 150000 people were evacuated, I wonder how many more was required

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I expected the corrupt Afghan government to fall quickly and so did many generals and political commentators. It was obvious. But I don’t know all the detail nor should I, I am not the American president. But I know an international disaster when I see it.

I had never heard of Biden before the election. But reading about him he has always been in government behind the scenes but never shown the qualities of president I believe Obama used to roll his eyes at mention of him.

I think the democrats were so desperate to get rid of trump they never gave any thought to the quality of the candidate to replace him.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion