Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
AccaBoosty #639017 23/10/21 09:53 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
This is Keitas last season I think with us

He is not demonstrating he has the qualities on a consistent basis and running out of time

I think this is the one area where we are lacking a midfield player and really missing Wij. In Germany he was a regular threat in attack and also a regular in the refs notebook. So surprising then that he didn't take one for the team for the 2nd AM goal.

Our midfield will need a revamp sooner rather than later:

Henderson is 31 now and has a chequered injury history.

Thiago is 30 and can't stay fit and healthy.

Fabinho is 28 TODAY!!! Happy Birthday Fab! has had niggling injuries since he's been with us.

Milner will be 36 in January.

Keita will be 27 in February and has been with us for 3 years and has not looked anywhere near being the player touted when we bought him. Again has had injury problems with us.

Ox is 28 and has been with us for 5 years and has still not been able to solidify a position in the team for any length of time. Again has had his fair share of injuries.

Curtis is an obvious fixture for the forseeable future, but other than the above we have nothing else.

First and foremost we need to be looking for Henderson's replacement and making sure he is ready to step into his shoes when the time comes...I'm thinking Declan Rice.

I'm also a big fan of the kid from Brighton who I believe would be better suited to right side midfield than where Brighton currently play him as right back - Tariq Lamptey.

Tielemans from Leicester, I'm also a big fan of and we must go in for him, whilst his future is uncertain at Leicester.

We do need to address our midfield situation sooner, rather than later.

Pickles #639024 23/10/21 12:55 PM
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
i don't rate that tielemans all that much.. he is talented but when up against the best he is too slow

Pickles #639025 23/10/21 05:57 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
This is Keitas last season I think with us

He is not demonstrating he has the qualities on a consistent basis and running out of time

I think this is the one area where we are lacking a midfield player and really missing Wij. In Germany he was a regular threat in attack and also a regular in the refs notebook. So surprising then that he didn't take one for the team for the 2nd AM goal.

Our midfield will need a revamp sooner rather than later:

Henderson is 31 now and has a chequered injury history.

Thiago is 30 and can't stay fit and healthy.

Fabinho is 28 TODAY!!! Happy Birthday Fab! has had niggling injuries since he's been with us.

Milner will be 36 in January.

Keita will be 27 in February and has been with us for 3 years and has not looked anywhere near being the player touted when we bought him. Again has had injury problems with us.

Ox is 28 and has been with us for 5 years and has still not been able to solidify a position in the team for any length of time. Again has had his fair share of injuries.

Curtis is an obvious fixture for the forseeable future, but other than the above we have nothing else.

First and foremost we need to be looking for Henderson's replacement and making sure he is ready to step into his shoes when the time comes...I'm thinking Declan Rice.

I'm also a big fan of the kid from Brighton who I believe would be better suited to right side midfield than where Brighton currently play him as right back - Tariq Lamptey.

Tielemans from Leicester, I'm also a big fan of and we must go in for him, whilst his future is uncertain at Leicester.

We do need to address our midfield situation sooner, rather than later.

It's not only our midfield but also forwards, only Jota has some time to stay at his peak, this team will need some rebuilding rather sooner than later

BARTON42 #639034 24/10/21 10:21 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
I hope Keita starts today. I know he was at fault for both goals again AM but he not a defensive midfielder. He could do much better if he had Fabhino behind him. Will be interesting to see who Klopp goes with between Milner, Jones and Naby.

BARTON42 #639035 24/10/21 11:02 AM
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
milner all day long , can't afford to have anyone playing that can just get walked past.

EMP #639039 24/10/21 01:02 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP
milner all day long , can't afford to have anyone playing that can just get walked past.

Yeah, start Milner then take him off at half time when he is close to a second yellow card !

EMP #639041 24/10/21 02:28 PM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By EMP

Yup I’m sure u right. Why risk it with Naby. Not sure what the future holds for him at LFC.

BARTON42 #639042 24/10/21 02:38 PM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Both Keita and Milner start but no Fabhino. This will be interesting.

BARTON42 #639043 24/10/21 02:39 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Odd line up, didn't think we would see Keita, is Matip injured? I guess a precaution as he played last weekend and midweek and is on the bench? too drop Konate into a huge game like this for his PL debut feels abit unfair, I presumed Gomez would be in if no Matip? same with Mane, he's been scoring goals on form, oh well, maybe we will knacker them keeping the ball and then bring Mane on! Fab isn't even on the bench? that's a huge loss for us with their attackers, is he injured again? Milner will have a busy afternoon !

ecnirp98 #639044 24/10/21 02:41 PM
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
strange with fab..maybe he has covid..played like he does v city.
good luck to konate tho i always feel new centre half away against utd..peno lol..

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion