Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Major four page article in the mail on Sunday today too detailed you need to read

But in summary

Manchester City still refusing to release documents and have a battery of the best legal brains in Britain trying to stop publication one chap lord pannick earns £20k a day for his services and mr pannick backed by 5 other qc,s city clearly something to hide.

It is also revealed city earned £600k more than liverpool in sponsors despite being nothing like our brand and fan base.

It’s complex but does not smell right to me and we await events

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
City also highest wage bill in football history and of course we know about their transfers where and how is that funded ?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Just google mail on Sunday Manchester City

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Man City are now taking the p*ss...

£100 million offer for Grealish

Probably £150 million for Kane

Chelsea also spun..king money, left, right and center.

Our aspirations are getting far fetched...you can't compete with that level of spending, when there seems nobody in the authorities are willing to level the playing field.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
It's all relative I guess. Teams further down the leagues might say the same about us. Whether it's our level of spending or City's makes no difference as they can't compete with either of them.

So the question is, what is our gripe? Is it that there should be a level playing field in terms of wages and transfer budgets? If so, how do we achieve that?

Or are we saying that there should be a level playing field on the business side? i.e. you can only earn revenue through certain means, spend only so much on wages etc.? If that's what we're suggesting then my question would be why? This is a football competition not a business competition, no?

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By Pickles
Man City are now taking the p*ss...

£100 million offer for Grealish

Probably £150 million for Kane

Chelsea also spun..king money, left, right and center.

Our aspirations are getting far fetched...you can't compete with that level of spending, when there seems nobody in the authorities are willing to level the playing field.

Taking the [oops] is exactly what it is. We can complain about our owners, but you can't compete against that. City will dominate the league for years

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
It's all relative I guess. Teams further down the leagues might say the same about us. Whether it's our level of spending or City's makes no difference as they can't compete with either of them.

So the question is, what is our gripe? Is it that there should be a level playing field in terms of wages and transfer budgets? If so, how do we achieve that?

Or are we saying that there should be a level playing field on the business side? i.e. you can only earn revenue through certain means, spend only so much on wages etc.? If that's what we're suggesting then my question would be why? This is a football competition not a business competition, no?

I expect them to comply with the law and I expect them to release the documents the FA have requested not spend millions on lawyers preventing what any other organisation would do as a matter of course. I don’t believe that’s a controversial request.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
I expect them to comply with the law and I expect them to release the documents the FA have requested not spend millions on lawyers preventing what any other organisation would do as a matter of course. I don’t believe that’s a controversial request.

I agree partially in that we expect them to comply with the law. Spending money on lawyers to try and avoid it isn't illegal though and is their right. However, the FA should keep it in mind if/when a punishment is handed out.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I think given the massive and expensive legal battle the FA has undertaken over several years if upon releasing the documents city are found to have done wrong the FA will throw the book at them I am sure

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Strange thing is that despite Covid and the lost revenues and uncertainties that have come with it, Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs have spent huge sums. And all without needing to sell anyone. On the other hand, we only spent huge using the money from the Coutinho sale and otherwise seem to have to sell 5 players to buy 2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion