Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Oli #638542 31/08/21 07:29 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Oli
Ox and Keita haven´t looked great but it would be nice to have one player in midfield which might score sometime.

Sometimes it's not the players fault, look at Wijnaldum for example, he scores for his national team regularly but rarely for us because Klopp plays with 3 warriors in the middle of the park and wants them to cover our attacking fullbacks instead of going forward, this leaves the front 3 isolated and shouldering the blame when we don't score. Klopp should try a midfield diamond with Keita or Ox behind the strikers or something else that frees one midfielder to join the attack.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By BARTON42
Why did he not start v Chelsea? Why change a winning team? I do wonder about Klopp’s selection decisions sometimes.

Klopp changed the starting line up because Fabinho had to play, however, it's Eliott who should have been benched. I don't understand, but maybe Eliott is really outstandingly better than Keita and Thiago in training

It's all opinion isn't it but I thought Elliot was outstanding against Chelsea. You make it sound like he had a dreadful game and didn't deserve his place which I find strange seeing as how well he played. I think it was pure twattery from Neville to give MOTM to Christensen rather than Elliot but that's probably a bit of bias coming from me.

jim_beam #638546 31/08/21 10:25 AM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Why did he not start v Chelsea? Why change a winning team? I do wonder about Klopp’s selection decisions sometimes.

Klopp changed the starting line up because Fabinho had to play, however, it's Eliott who should have been benched. I don't understand, but maybe Eliott is really outstandingly better than Keita and Thiago in training

It's all opinion isn't it but I thought Elliot was outstanding against Chelsea. You make it sound like he had a dreadful game and didn't deserve his place which I find strange seeing as how well he played. I think it was pure twattery from Neville to give MOTM to Christensen rather than Elliot but that's probably a bit of bias coming from me.

The only thing I didn't like about Elliott's game is that he seemed to be always looking to give the ball to Salah, even in tight spaces and we lost possession a few times through that, but I guess that is just a confidence thing with him being so young and Salah the big star.

He did very well overall, but still think Keita was unlucky to lose his place.

jim_beam #638548 31/08/21 11:29 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Yes it's all opinion but I didn't see anything outstanding in his game, he was always looking to play it safe to Salah. As for MOTM, it has to go to a Chelsea defender/GK because they made sure we didn't score despite playing with 10 men for more than half of the game. What did Eliott do to be MOTM, he didn't score, didn't make a decisive pass, didn't stop a goal, not sure what you mean.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J

Yes it's all opinion but I didn't see anything outstanding in his game, he was always looking to play it safe to Salah. As for MOTM, it has to go to a Chelsea defender/GK because they made sure we didn't score despite playing with 10 men for more than half of the game. What did Eliott do to be MOTM, he didn't score, didn't make a decisive pass, didn't stop a goal, not sure what you mean.

I think his passing range was so obvious to see, lots of forward balls which were finding red shirts. A lot of easy passes to Salah as you say but for me this is a positive, he's looking to link up and play 1 2's to break lines yes didn't always happen but he's doing something which a lot of our midfield don't do which is intricate passing and link up. We really struggle against low block because we don't have City type pass and move footballers I think he played in the midfield rather than wide left/right because Klopp is seeing a bit of Coutinho in him, the key we need to break down tight defences.

Look I get what your saying at the end of the day we still only drew 1 all against a 10 man chelsea and he didn't score or assist but my god if you thought he was one of our poorer players then you must think our whole squad needs a complete overhaul.

I'm not sure with this Keita argument, great player, has never delivered consistently so not sure it's a better bet to play him in this game over Elliot, not sure on that one.

BARTON42 #638551 31/08/21 01:22 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
With Keita he has never had a decent run due to injuries, so if he is playing well, he should keep his place, he might then become the player we expected with more experience/playing in the team when fit.

We have enough games coming up with the CL/LC that the squad will get games with rotation, Klopp does seem to keep with his faves though like Bobby & Hendo, even when not 100% fit.

jim_beam #638552 31/08/21 01:28 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I think his passing range was so obvious to see, lots of forward balls which were finding red shirts. A lot of easy passes to Salah as you say but for me this is a positive, he's looking to link up and play 1 2's to break lines yes didn't always happen but he's doing something which a lot of our midfield don't do which is intricate passing and link up. We really struggle against low block because we don't have City type pass and move footballers I think he played in the midfield rather than wide left/right because Klopp is seeing a bit of Coutinho in him, the key we need to break down tight defences.

Look I get what your saying at the end of the day we still only drew 1 all against a 10 man chelsea and he didn't score or assist but my god if you thought he was one of our poorer players then you must think our whole squad needs a complete overhaul.

I'm not sure with this Keita argument, great player, has never delivered consistently so not sure it's a better bet to play him in this game over Elliot, not sure on that one.

Does his passing range made him MOTM? Hendo also had a poor game by the way. As for Keita, he had a good start of the season and though Eliott has potential, I think both Tiago and Keita have more to offer right now. That said, it's Klopp who decides and he must have seen something in training, but not being able to beat a 10 men Chelsea, at home, is a poor result. I have no illusions, can't see us winning the league with the team which played on Saturday, but then, let's face it, the club is not doing much to win the league neither, we are as ambitious as a mid table club

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J

Does his passing range made him MOTM? Hendo also had a poor game by the way. As for Keita, he had a good start of the season and though Eliott has potential, I think both Tiago and Keita have more to offer right now. That said, it's Klopp who decides and he must have seen something in training, but not being able to beat a 10 men Chelsea, at home, is a poor result. I have no illusions, can't see us winning the league with the team which played on Saturday, but then, let's face it, the club is not doing much to win the league neither, we are as ambitious as a mid table club

I still think he was the one pulling most of the strings for either team. He looked a lot more involved than a lot of the Chelsea players even IMO. I wouldn't of fingered him out as a mediocre player in the side on Saturday.

Agree I don't think Hendo was great.

Yes I think not being able to beat a 10 man Chelsea over 45 mins again exploits similar issues we had last season in not being able to convert chances and break down a defence like say City seem to be able to do with ease.

As for what transfer would try and improve that we can chat and speculate about. Personally I don't really have a clear opinion on what we could do, happy for now leaving it to Klopp to sort it out even if in my loins I am worried about our lack of being clinical.

jim_beam #638554 31/08/21 04:14 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I still think he was the one pulling most of the strings for either team. He looked a lot more involved than a lot of the Chelsea players even IMO. I wouldn't of fingered him out as a mediocre player in the side on Saturday.

Yes I think not being able to beat a 10 man Chelsea over 45 mins again exploits similar issues we had last season in not being able to convert chances and break down a defence like say City seem to be able to do with ease.

As for what transfer would try and improve that we can chat and speculate about. Personally I don't really have a clear opinion on what we could do, happy for now leaving it to Klopp to sort it out even if in my loins I am worried about our lack of being clinical.

We need to replace Origi with someone who is much better and offers something different as a CF.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

We need to replace Origi with someone who is much better and offers something different as a CF.

But we would only do that if we had sold Origi and by the sounds of it, no one bid for him.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion