KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#638315 - 19/07/21 12:24 PM Henderson contract situation
Dunk Offline
KopTalk Editor

Loc: KOPTALK
The age that considered "old" seems to be lowering all of the time. I would say this is more about passing an age of any decent resale value.

This one should be signed off without little fuss but oh no, the way we do stuff under FSG is becoming so tiresome.

He's our skipper and he deserves a little more respect in my opinion. He's not greedy. Just look after him and let's move on. The speculation has already started regarding Henderson and other clubs, this is not what we want ahead of a new campaign.

Personally I think this will be resolved quickly because I expect a backlash.

What do you guys think? confused

#638316 - 19/07/21 01:33 PM Re: Henderson contract situation [Re: Dunk]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
I agree dunk itís a no brainer

#638317 - 19/07/21 07:40 PM Re: Henderson contract situation [Re: Dunk]
The Kop Prophet Offline
Under 16 Player

I think this is a media driven panic about nothing. He's got two years left on his deal, just finished a big tournament and is on holiday. It'll get sorted.

#638319 - 19/07/21 09:59 PM Re: Henderson contract situation [Re: The Kop Prophet]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
I think this is a media driven panic about nothing. He's got two years left on his deal, just finished a big tournament and is on holiday. It'll get sorted.

I agree, as the captain we need his experience, I do not think his demands will be outrageous, I am guessing he is already on a very good contract, whereas Wij was on a much lower contract by the sounds of it, I presume he wants to stay.

He is also English, so we need to keep him for our quota, he is someone who plays if fit.

Will be interesting to see Klopp's reaction if FSG will not give him a deal.

#638324 - 21/07/21 10:47 AM Re: Henderson contract situation [Re: Dunk]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
I don't think this is all on FSG, Hendo also needs to be sensible, from what I have heard his people want something like a 5 year deal, which for an all action Midfielder who has regular injuries at 31 is allot to ask, he is already on a big contract, he has 2 years left, he deserves a new contract, but I would be looking at a 1 or 2 years extension on what he has now, to take him through to 34-35, worse case he can let his contract run down, he will be 33 then and we have 2 years to replace him, which will need to happen anyways.

This is pretty much how we have handled Milner with short extensions in the last few years. This is not me saying we need to get rid of Hendo etc, he has been great for us and I would like him to end his career with us, he offers allot with his ability and experience.

#638332 - 23/07/21 07:39 PM Re: Henderson contract situation [Re: The Kop Prophet]
Pickles Offline
1st Team Squad

It's 2 years...then it'll be a year...then 6 months...I don't think FSG have any intentions renewing Henderson's contract.
They know he has issues staying fit and healthy and he's more likely to have further issues because of his age.

They effectively got rid of the lynchpin, who never had injuries and both him and Robbo played more games than anybody else last season - Gini.

Arrivederci Jordan...enjoy the last 2 years of your contract with us.

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
John Barnes v Mo Salah
by EnergisedReds
30 minutes 28 seconds ago
Mo Salah
by Snakeye
Today at 01:26 PM
Newcastle takeover.
by EnergisedReds
Today at 11:26 AM
Unrest starting at Citeh? Sterling hints at fresh challenge
by Snakeye
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
LB a problem with or without TAA
by EMP
08/10/21 12:07 PM

General Discussion
Brexit
by EMP
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Pfizer Scientists Your [COVID] Antibodies Better Than Vax!
by Pickles
05/10/21 12:35 AM
England 30,305 people died within 21days of having COVID Vax
by EnergisedReds
28/09/21 04:25 PM
What widely believed historical "fact" is actually ...
by EMP
26/09/21 06:38 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 61
Stanley Park 54
EMP 37
ecnirp98 36
Hendominator 16
Snakeye 16
BARTON42 14
jim_beam 11
kernowred 10