Page 1 of 2 1 2
#638298 15/07/21 09:06 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Guys

I’m think we need to buy one more player and that should be an attacking midfielder. All other areas seem to be covered:

-Four first choice centre backs when fit plus a couple of spares.

-World class full backs each side with strong cover.

-Central midfield of Fabhino, Henderson and Thiago.

-Sarah, Mane, Firmino and Jota will do the job up front.

In the attacking midfield position I think Curtis Jones is still coming, Keita yet to deliver and Shaq can’t do it week in week out.

That’s where I would like to see us add.

Thoughts please?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I still think we need a forward, Firminho form is up & down last few seasons, Mane was off it most of the season, we rely heavily on Salah for goals and we need to start planning to replace them, we have seen Origi cannot do this role, we were lucky last season with injuries to the front 3 (only place we were lucky) and we have the African Cup in the new year.

I would like an attacking Midfielder as you say also, but I think a forward is more important as we have plenty of cover for MF, we still have Grujic and WIlson as we stand!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By BARTON42
Guys

I’m think we need to buy one more player and that should be an attacking midfielder. All other areas seem to be covered:

In the attacking midfield position I think Curtis Jones is still coming, Keita yet to deliver and Shaq can’t do it week in week out.

Thoughts please?

I would question the Full Back cover, Kosta's has hardly been seen and looks like Neco is leaving? I have heard good things on Conor Bradley at the Academy but he is young & unproven still, a major injury to TAA or Robertson would be a big worry as they are key to how we play/attack, we do not want Gomez having to cover FB after such a big injury and even if fit, we lose allot on the attack with Gomez.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By BARTON42
Guys

Thoughts please?

I would question the Full Back cover, Kosta's has hardly been seen and looks like Neco is leaving? I have heard good things on Conor Bradley at the Academy but he is young & unproven still, a major injury to TAA or Robertson would be a big worry as they are key to how we play/attack, we do not want Gomez having to cover FB after such a big injury and even if fit, we lose allot on the attack with Gomez.

I would say a forward who can play across the line after selling Origi who hardly played and Shaq. A right fullback would be good especially if he could play defensive midfield as well. Not easy though to get such polyvalent players

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
We've got to upgrade Nico as he was so poor at the Euros.

CM depends on whether Klopp finally decides to give Grujic a chance or not.

There will be no takers for Keita - so we're stuck with him.

I'd drop Bobby back to midfield and buy a top striker.

You can't play Shaq one in every eight games and expect him to perform. You saw what he can do when played often at the Euros.

Not sure what is going on with Origi - but it looks like Ox will be given another year.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Salah, Mane and Keita will go to the African cup mid season so we need a striker or a winger to replace their goals. We are ok in midfield so Keita won't be missed but losing Salah and Mane will be tough and could harm our season if we don't sign a replacement.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Well it looks like we are holding out for as much and as long as possible on getting rid of deadwood. No doubt this is the reason why we aren't buying anybody at the moment because our transfer kitty is tied up in what we can get for players who have long been overdue leaving.

We need another CB for cover, an experienced backup Keeper, a creative CM and another striker/attacking player who can play centrally as a targetman who can score more goals than Bobby.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
Well it looks like we are holding out for as much and as long as possible on getting rid of deadwood. No doubt this is the reason why we aren't buying anybody at the moment because our transfer kitty is tied up in what we can get for players who have long been overdue leaving.

We need another CB for cover, an experienced backup Keeper, a creative CM and another striker/attacking player who can play centrally as a targetman who can score more goals than Bobby.

Apart from that we are ok? smile

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Pickles

Apart from that we are ok? smile

No we need to buy 11 first-teamers laugh

B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B
Federico Chiesa mentioned in the press today as a possible big money signing. I reckon he would be a fantastic fit for us. A possible replacement for Couthino?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion