KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#637944 - 09/05/21 07:04 AM Itís going to be very tight.
BARTON42 Online   content
Under 16 Player

4th CL spot is going to come down to a point or two or maybe even goal difference.

I could see Liverpool ending up on 67 points( draw away to Man U and 3 wins).

Leicester are on 63 points and they not going to find it easy getting more than 4 points from their trips away to Man Utd and Chelsea plus their final game at home to Spurs.

And then of course there is West Ham.

Interesting couple of weeks ahead of us.

#637945 - 09/05/21 07:45 AM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: BARTON42]
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
Leicester play Utd, Chelsea and Spurs there is no way they are winning all those games so it's in our hands imo but we must win all 4 games and we could sneak in.

#637949 - 09/05/21 10:38 AM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: BARTON42]
Pickles Offline
1st Team Squad

A huge game today West Ham v Everton will have a significant impact on our finishing position.

I posted over a month ago that Leicester would slip up and that we would be battling with Chelsea and West Ham for 3rd and 4th places. If West Ham win today, their remaining 3 games are very winnable indeed and they sit 1 point ahead of us, currently.

I believe Chelsea should get 3rd place now unless they have some injury crisis and they have to conserve players for FA Cup and CL Finals. They sit 7 pts clear of us having played 1 game more and with them having just 3 to play it's hard to see them not making Top 4 now.

The GD is going to be vital, we are currently down on Leicester by -2 (Leicester -20 / Liverpool -18). However we can definitely just as easily shoot ourselves in the foot if we don't go OT on Thursday and win.

It will be interesting how Utd cope with today's game @ Villa then v Leicester on Tuesday before they play us. Will they conserve their best players to play us?

#637953 - 09/05/21 06:07 PM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: Pickles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Pickles
A huge game today West Ham v Everton will have a significant impact on our finishing position.

I posted over a month ago that Leicester would slip up and that we would be battling with Chelsea and West Ham for 3rd and 4th places. If West Ham win today, their remaining 3 games are very winnable indeed and they sit 1 point ahead of us, currently.

I believe Chelsea should get 3rd place now unless they have some injury crisis and they have to conserve players for FA Cup and CL Finals. They sit 7 pts clear of us having played 1 game more and with them having just 3 to play it's hard to see them not making Top 4 now.

The GD is going to be vital, we are currently down on Leicester by -2 (Leicester -20 / Liverpool -18). However we can definitely just as easily shoot ourselves in the foot if we don't go OT on Thursday and win.

It will be interesting how Utd cope with today's game @ Villa then v Leicester on Tuesday before they play us. Will they conserve their best players to play us?

Win at OT and with this team, are you serious? Has Klopp ever won at OT, I don't remember? Maybe if all their players are jaded after playing 4 games over 8 days but still, we seem to be the worst team of the league right now and they seem to be the best

#637955 - 09/05/21 07:44 PM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: EnergisedReds]
ecnirp98 Online   content
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Pickles

Win at OT and with this team, are you serious? Has Klopp ever won at OT, I don't remember? Maybe if all their players are jaded after playing 4 games over 8 days but still, we seem to be the worst team of the league right now and they seem to be the best

With how this season has gone, it would not surprise me if we beat Man Utd but then we go and lose to WBA, we have given ourselves a fighting chance, we just need to got out and win the next 4 games, all out attack. but we have said that a few times this season, I have no expectations, but teams around us are wobbling, so it is possible.

#637956 - 09/05/21 10:46 PM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: BARTON42]
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: Iceland
Can't see us winning 5 in a row with the game yesterday. Burnley and WBA will give us a tough game and United is probably the best team now. They will play a second string team Tuesday but their best on Thursday.

#637957 - 10/05/21 06:29 AM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: Oli]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Oli
Can't see us winning 5 in a row with the game yesterday. Burnley and WBA will give us a tough game and United is probably the best team now. They will play a second string team Tuesday but their best on Thursday.

Agree, and next season will be as difficult with City, United and Chelsea looking top 3 material.

#637958 - 10/05/21 06:53 AM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: BARTON42]
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

We have won 3 in a row only this season so we have to break new ground to get 5 wins. It's a long shot but it's our last stand basically to salvage the season.

#637959 - 10/05/21 10:03 AM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: Oli]
BARTON42 Online   content
Under 16 Player

Why would they play second string against Leicester when they can still mathematically win the league?

#637960 - 10/05/21 10:55 AM Re: Itís going to be very tight. [Re: BARTON42]
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

Originally Posted By BARTON42
Why would they play second string against Leicester when they can still mathematically win the league?

Physically impossible even if they want to put their best players on the pitch and very dangerous as they can easily get muscle injuries due to lack of rest. Lets say we're in their position now and we have to play 3 in 5 days, even with every player fit for example Vvd, do you think any manager would play him in all 3 games?

This is the reason I'm predicting they will change it up completely for Leicester and at best bring their players off the bench if needs be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Adama Traore for £30million
by ecnirp98
13 minutes 45 seconds ago
Federico Chiesa
by klopp4kop
Yesterday at 10:37 AM
One more player.
by The Kop Prophet
25/07/21 04:39 PM
The Manchester City FFP saga continues
by Stanley Park
25/07/21 12:52 PM
VAR and offside at the EURO
by EnergisedReds
24/07/21 07:08 PM

General Discussion
What widely believed historical "fact" is actually ...
by EnergisedReds
17/07/21 02:55 AM
What did your teacher do that made you call them ...
by Pickles
01/07/21 11:37 AM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 20
Pickles 13
ecnirp98 11
Dunk 10
Stanley Park 7
Snakeye 5
kernowred 4
elimmel 2
klopp4kop 2