Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#637841 24/04/21 03:06 PM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

Yet another game with a boat load of chances and only one goal. We should have been out of sight by halftime but same old story.

Mane seems to have forgotten what to do when he gets the ball in front of goal.

Salah only seems to score spectacular goals and when it comes to relatively straight forward chances he more often than not fluffs it.

Can’t remember the last time Firmino produced a decent save from a goalkeeper.

Even Jota seems to have lost his touch since his injury lay-off.

Looks unlikely we going to make top 4 so hard to see us attracting a top top striker without the prospect of CL football next season.

Klopp is brilliant but I’m not sure what he can do to solve the problem.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Maybe Klopp needs to find a new system. We've become too predictable perhaps? everyone defends deep and in numbers against us and exploit our soft centred defence and the space behind it.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Maybe Klopp needs to find a new system. We've become too predictable perhaps? everyone defends deep and in numbers against us and exploit our soft centred defence and the space behind it.

We are really missing any threat from set pieces, Matip & VvD were very dangerous on corners, they won headers which we rarely do now and they easily got 10+ goals per season between them.

We are creating good chances, juts our forwards are not putting them away, Salah is having an excellent season, but he is quite an instinctive player, like his goal today, was an instant turn and hit, when he thinks about it he often misses, like rounding GK etc, he scores that chance again RM and we have a great chance.

Newcastle were pressing us the last 15 minutes, Klopp brought Milner on which was a good move, but I think we should have took Bobby off and shored up the MF more, Klopp left us too open, we should have shut the game down the last 10 minutes.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Klopp's substitutions become more and more, alarming.
We effectively shut up shop when we took Jota & Thiago off which gave Newcastle belief.

We don't deserve Champions League Football at this rate.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Klopp's substitutions become more and more, alarming.
We effectively shut up shop when we took Jota & Thiago off which gave Newcastle belief.

We don't deserve Champions League Football at this rate.

No we don't. I don't know why Jota was removed instead of Firmino.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
We are blowing up in games big time. High intensity v Leicester away, Leeds away and again yesterday. We are creating enough opportunities to win 2 games every first half without testing keepers at all. It's weird.

All 3 of those games it was alarming to see the petrol gauge running out. And why having declared that Fabinho has to be in midfield has Klopp put him back to CB?

Something will click back into place eventually but not this season and without CL that could be very damaging.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
We are blowing up in games big time. High intensity v Leicester away, Leeds away and again yesterday. We are creating enough opportunities to win 2 games every first half without testing keepers at all. It's weird.

All 3 of those games it was alarming to see the petrol gauge running out. And why having declared that Fabinho has to be in midfield has Klopp put him back to CB?

Something will click back into place eventually but not this season and without CL that could be very damaging.

For me it looks like we cannot absorb pressure when teams are coming at us, a bit like what it was like under Brendan, but then, our strikers, especially Luis, were scoring, unlike now, when we score one in 3-4 clear chances

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

For me it looks like we cannot absorb pressure when teams are coming at us, a bit like what it was like under Brendan, but then, our strikers, especially Luis, were scoring, unlike now, when we score one in 3-4 clear chances

we score 1 in 3 or 4 chances? I'd say we are scoring once in every 50.

The chances are there but for our strikers are just not ruthless enough even Salah (Although his numbers are so good he gets a bit of a pass).

It's got to the point now where our conversion rate is sooo bad I'm looking at Mane and Firmino and thinking they can't be starters next season and belive me I'm their biggest fan.

In my opinion it's just pure lack of concentration, the amount of times we get to the last pass and just F it up is not OK. They are on 100,000 a week and to consistently miss easy chances and fluff an easy last pass has got to the point now as a manager I'd have to be ruthless and say you lot are all gone next season if this carries on.

I play football, the goals are quite big, for all of our players to miss the goal as much as they do is pure neglect, its been the biggest things that has [oops] me right off this season.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
For the first time after the Newcastle game i felt that Klopp was really angry with our front three. Mo scores regularly not always from his best chances but the others it feels almost like luck if they get a goal.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
For the first time after the Newcastle game i felt that Klopp was really angry with our front three. Mo scores regularly not always from his best chances but the others it feels almost like luck if they get a goal.

Why did he leave Firmino in the game then? It was clear that we needed quick forwards to counter

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion