KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#637731 - 11/04/21 06:23 AM Klopp Team Selection
BARTON42 Offline
Under 16 Player

I am an enormous admirer of Mr Klopp and massively appreciate what he has done for the club but lately Iím finding some of his team selection and substitutions curious:

Naby Keita had not started a game for months and has hardly been involved since Christmas yet he starts against Real? Poor Naby really did get thrown in at the deep end.

On Saturday when they badly need a goal he brings on Thiago in place of Gini. I know its a like for like replacement but surely Mane would have been more of a goal threat?

When he did eventually bring on Mane it was to replace Firmino who had looked pretty lively up to that point. Why did he not go with his four best strikers up front when so badly in need of a goal?

Absolutely in Klopp we trust but I do think his recent team selection has been interesting and merits discussion.

#637734 - 11/04/21 07:01 AM Re: Klopp Team Selection [Re: BARTON42]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By BARTON42

I am an enormous admirer of Mr Klopp and massively appreciate what he has done for the club but lately Iím finding some of his team selection and substitutions curious:

Naby Keita had not started a game for months and has hardly been involved since Christmas yet he starts against Real? Poor Naby really did get thrown in at the deep end.

On Saturday when they badly need a goal he brings on Thiago in place of Gini. I know its a like for like replacement but surely Mane would have been more of a goal threat?

When he did eventually bring on Mane it was to replace Firmino who had looked pretty lively up to that point. Why did he not go with his four best strikers up front when so badly in need of a goal?

Absolutely in Klopp we trust but I do think his recent team selection has been interesting and merits discussion.

Agree, I struggle to understand Klopp's selections these days

#637740 - 11/04/21 10:42 AM Re: Klopp Team Selection [Re: BARTON42]
Pickles Offline
1st Team Squad

Klopp needs a break...I think he needs the time to go back to Germany to properly mourn the loss of his Mother. I believe his judgement has been clouded this season.

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Vvd rules himself out of Euros
by ecnirp98
Yesterday at 12:51 PM
When can Man Utd match be?
by EnergisedReds
Yesterday at 03:23 AM
Itís going to be very tight.
by EnergisedReds
11/05/21 04:19 AM
Gina squad no
by EnergisedReds
09/05/21 06:09 PM
The League Cup Final
by Snakeye
09/05/21 11:24 AM

General Discussion
The World ends tomorrow, you have to choose one song as ...
by Pickles
28/04/21 04:27 AM
What saying needs to die?
by Dunk
27/04/21 08:28 AM
Brexit & the sunlit uplands
by EMP
26/04/21 09:10 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 56
ecnirp98 27
jim_beam 23