KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And more utter nonsense the EU has sent no vaccines to the UK the EU has no factories. Asta Zeneca a UK company invented the vaccine with British universities Astra Zeneca has factories in Europe.

The EU has threatened to seize those factories out of desperation from their utter mess with Covid.

In the news yesterday Astra Zeneca is returning production to the UK with no doubt many jobs lost in Europe

How anyone other than a total idiot could think Britain is better off in the EU, I don't know. Knowing what we know today if we were to hold another referendum it would probably be 95% leave or rather stay out.

But that's not going to happen is it ? not ever now

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]If the Irish republic dont want the donations of vaccines they can always send them back and wait for the EU ones next year sometime maybe.

Will these vaccines be donations that global britain has received from the EU

And Shaggy get your facts right (not that you ever do)China has imposed sanctions on the UK for criticism of their Brutal regime nothing to do with the EU. I assume you support what China is doing?

Who mentioned the EU

And if Biden wants to shut Britain out because of his Irish ancestors so be it, but British and American business will be the loser.

You are now a bit player when it comes to world trade. If you ever get a trade deal with the USA it will be on their terms entirely. The bigger trading group always dictates the terms to the smaller group. (See brexit)

We also trade extensively with the USA now and we are their prime military partner so much as you are hoping the Americans trash the British I think once again you will be disappointed

I think you will find that your special relationship is special to one side only when it comes to trade. The US is threatening to impose punitive import tariffs on the UK if it proceeds with its plan to implement a tax on big tech. The new duties are intended to raise $325m – the amount the US government believes the exchequer will raise from the 2% tax on revenues of tech firms. Still feeling special?

#“Boris Johnson always acts with honesty and integrity” - PM’s Press Secretary

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]And more utter nonsense the EU has sent no vaccines to the UK the EU has no factories. Asta Zeneca a UK company invented the vaccine with British universities Astra Zeneca has factories in Europe.

The EU has threatened to seize those factories out of desperation from their utter mess with Covid.

In the news yesterday Astra Zeneca is returning production to the UK with no doubt many jobs lost in Europe

How anyone other than a total idiot could think Britain is better off in the EU, I don't know. Knowing what we know today if we were to hold another referendum it would probably be 95% leave or rather stay out.

But that's not going to happen is it ? not ever now

Strange that you don't shout much about your horrific covid-19 death toll. Was that also as result of your new found agility?

You just keep deluding yourself buy you really do need to start reading something other than the Daily Express.

U.K. citizens have been vaccinated with jabs produced in the bloc. An EU diplomat briefed by the Commission said that more than 8.1 million doses manufactured in the EU have been sent to the U.K. out of 24.7 million doses approved for export up to March 1 (the U.S. received around 650,000.) This week, Britain is also taking delivery of supplies of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine from India's Serum Institute.

You really have to calm down stan you are becoming quite hysterical. It isn't the EU's fault that brexit hasn't delivered the promised sunlit uplands. I would imagine your Irish and European friends are avoiding you like the plague these days.

But don't despair, you have a new blue british passport. Designed in France and printed in Poland

# "a vaccine for the world”

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
the only thing uk has exported is the uk variant - thanks to boris the moron with his "eat out to help out".

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Shaggy the argument about Britain being an EU member is dead and buried. Even what remains of the remain press the BBC, the guardian, independent seems to have given up the ghost. No political party in Britain (other than the SNP) is even talking loosely about ever rejoining.

If I am deluded so is the rest of Britain.

In my view Britain is and will be better off out of the EU. I may be wrong, but if I am so what? Our future is outside the EU and what will be will be.

I notice all you are doing is picking things you can find wrong either in the press or your fantasy e.g Biden not agreeing a trade deal with Britain because of the potato famine 400 years ago.

You have said nothing positive about the EU which is telling. If Britain will be worse off economically as you suggest how will rejoining the slowest growing economy in the developed world and the disastrous Euro

Help matters ?

Over to you

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Shaggy the argument about Britain being an EU member is dead and buried. Even what remains of the remain press the BBC, the guardian, independent seems to have given up the ghost. No political party in Britain (other than the SNP) is even talking loosely about ever rejoining.

If I am deluded so is the rest of Britain.

In my view Britain is and will be better off out of the EU. I may be wrong, but if I am so what? Our future is outside the EU and what will be will be.

I notice all you are doing is picking things you can find wrong either in the press or your fantasy e.g Biden not agreeing a trade deal with Britain because of the potato famine 400 years ago.

You have said nothing positive about the EU which is telling. If Britain will be worse off economically as you suggest how will rejoining the slowest growing economy in the developed world and the disastrous Euro

Help matters ?

Over to you

What makes you think the EU would take you back?

You have been presented with a number of examples in this thread highlighting how brexit has already impacted negatively upon global britain.

Your counter argument has consisted of the following: It's not as bad as you expected it to be.

Your opinion on the brexit deal has moved from a fantastic achievement to you didn't vote for brexit for purely economic reasons. Or in other words, I have no answers to the facts that have been presented to me about the negative economic impact of brexit.

What has been clear throughout this thread is your irrational hatred of the EU. You have left the EU and yet you are still ranting about them every day.

You have gone from being a member of one of the biggest trading groups on the planet to an also ran and you will discover that the hard way unfortuantely.

You seem to have no understanding whatsoever of what becoming a 3rd country involves and claim that rules which now apply to you have been magically created by the EU to hinder your journey to the sunlit uplands.

Whatever your view on Biden, there will be no trade deal if the Good Friday Agreement is placed in jeopardy and that has nothing to do with the famine. It also doesn't help that Biden sees Bojo as nothing more than a clone of Trump.

Believing that somehow global britain with a GDP of $2.5 trillion can dictate terms with the US ($20 trillion), EU ($16 trillion) and China ($12 trillion) is pure fantasy.

But never mind, you do have oodles of sovreignty.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You have not answered my question which was why do you think we will be economically better in the EU when their economy is hardly anything to get excited about?

And if the EU won't ever take us back then what is there to argue about? I hope you are right on that point by the way

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You have not answered my question which was why do you think we will be economically better in the EU when their economy is hardly anything to get excited about?

And if the EU won't ever take us back then what is there to argue about? I hope you are right on that point by the way

Because there is not and has never been one EU economy, but different countries with different economies, some doing great like Germany, Netherlands and others doing badly like Greece and Italy. What is important to be in the EU is that it is the biggest market block, and no trade barriers and smooth transit is great for commerce. Every country I know would like to have barrier free access to that market, including UK, by the way.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
You are talking to the hard right -boris, trump ,bolsonaro type person. They are beyond stupid and totally recklessly dangerous. You will never convince them, cause they would rather be stupid and die than be normal people. The capitalists (disaster capitalists in uk case)allow this kind of stupid cause they get paid - they will not allow a bernie sanders type progessive economy cause it threatens the wallet. Sad thing for uk is the right wing nutjob phase is over and the uk is going to be the last one and the most damaged long term. shame

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Because there is not and has never been one EU economy, but different countries with different economies, some doing great like Germany, Netherlands and others doing badly like Greece and Italy. What is important to be in the EU is that it is the biggest market block, and no trade barriers and smooth transit is great for commerce. Every country I know would like to have barrier free access to that market, including UK, by the way.

I agree and that's the European Economic Community (EEC) something in 1975 the British people voted for. We never voted for the European union (we were denied a vote) economic co-operation I agree with but not political union. A fundamental misunderstanding by remainers and probably the main reason they lost. They concentrated on economic matters (which all proved to be false) and not the benefits of political union. And I notice neither do you.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion