Rate Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#637359 28/02/21 04:52 PM
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Lance Forman is a former Brexit Party member of the European Parliament and a prominent brexit supporter.

He is also the owner of UK based salmon smokehouse H. Forman & Sons and has now said that the UK government should compensate the seafood industry for Brexit-related disruption

Now I can understand the Fisheries Minister Victoria Prentis not reading the agreement as she was busy preparing for a nativity trail but surely Lance might have had a quick glance at the section on fishing given his business interests.

This is post-brexit britain right now.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Most of the problems as I understand it in the fishing industry are not due to the agreement but spite from the EU being over zealous or plain obstructive. But I agree problems exist in that industry and they will be sorted. But let's get some perspective it's important for those businesses but a microscopic part of our economy

I watched the budget today all the way through brexit never got a mention once it's the least of the nations troubles not even small change. And we do have troubles

However for one man in Derry brexit is the most important issue in the world. Long may that continue as harmless, unlike sectarianism.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Most of the problems as I understand it in the fishing industry are not due to the agreement but spite from the EU being over zealous or plain obstructive. But I agree problems exist in that industry and they will be sorted. But let's get some perspective it's important for those businesses but a microscopic part of our economy

I watched the budget today all the way through brexit never got a mention once it's the least of the nations troubles not even small change. And we do have troubles

However for one man in Derry brexit is the most important issue in the world. Long may that continue as harmless, unlike sectarianism.

And yet again, even though you have left the EU you are still blaming them for all your problems. I thought you had taken back control?

No comment on your government breaking International Law, it's becoming quite the habit.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
As for fishing.....

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/hapless-defra-secretary-eustice-humiliated-and-schooled-by-the-eu/

George Eustace wrote to the EU expressing surprise over shellfish.

The EU wrote back to Eustice two days later, reminding him of the letter he'd written to stakeholders on Dec 10 detailing the position - the one he was claiming to have been surprised by.

Never mind the agreement, they aren't even reading their own letters

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
On the day the British chancellor produced a budget that anyone with any intelligence and knowledge would be fearful of the future you create a post about Brexit and the fishing industry. Oh how I wish I lived in your simple unknowing world.

There will be no sunlit uplands in western economies for 40 years or more the debt (as the chancellor said yesterday) was equivalent to world war two.

Brexit and the brexit deal is microscopic in relation to the challenges we face. Is the Brexit deal perfect NO and whose fault is that ? In my view those British politicians who for years worked against British interests and frustrated all and every attempt to get the best deal possible and the public who supported them, people like you.

However I am confident Boris will fix the gaps and the agreement has legal breakpoints and review points and at that stages these minor issues will be resolved and or the industries will adjust to them.

I can always tell when someone knows very little online they post links. Heres a scenario I worry about and you will find no link as I worked it out myself.

150 billion in savings people have not spent in lockdown sunaks budget yesterday 7.5% growth in 2022 (the biggest for 80 years) = overheated economy 2024 /5 inflation / interest rate rises / contraction / stagflation. Not just in UK but the entire western world. Might not happen I hope not but here's you worrying about the fishing industry and Brexit.

Must be nice to be so naive

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
On the day the British chancellor produced a budget that anyone with any intelligence and knowledge would be fearful of the future you create a post about Brexit and the fishing industry. Oh how I wish I lived in your simple unknowing world.

There will be no sunlit uplands in western economies for 40 years or more the debt (as the chancellor said yesterday) was equivalent to world war two.

Brexit and the brexit deal is microscopic in relation to the challenges we face. Is the Brexit deal perfect NO and whose fault is that ? In my view those British politicians who for years worked against British interests and frustrated all and every attempt to get the best deal possible and the public who supported them, people like you.

However I am confident Boris will fix the gaps and the agreement has legal breakpoints and review points and at that stages these minor issues will be resolved and or the industries will adjust to them.

I can always tell when someone knows very little online they post links. Heres a scenario I worry about and you will find no link as I worked it out myself.

150 billion in savings people have not spent in lockdown sunaks budget yesterday 7.5% growth in 2022 (the biggest for 80 years) = overheated economy 2024 /5 inflation / interest rate rises / contraction / stagflation. Not just in UK but the entire western world. Might not happen I hope not but here's you worrying about the fishing industry and Brexit.

This is a thread on brexit. I thought the title might give it away. But it seems brexiters don't read anything.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Still haven't understood why British politicians would work against the interests of the British people

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 04/03/21 06:27 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Still haven't understood why British politicians would work against the interests of the British people

It is surprising I agree but many work for themselves politics is complicated and working a niche to develop a career superceeds loyalty to the nation an oath on which they all swear on being elected. British politicians are not well thought of by the public in general terms and voter turn out is low.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion