KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Any negative Brexit hangovers are a tiny sideshow compared to the seismic events and risks we face with the terrifying debt we have had to take on with Covid. To put in perspective the 2008 banking crash we borrowed 150 billion (which we still haven't paid off). To make a hole in that took 10 years of austerity.

Covid we have borrowed £400 billion.

Most people of even moderate intelligence can easily work out the risks we face over the next 20 years of economic dips, interest rate rises, etc.

Except for our agent in Derry who is blissfully letting it all sail over.

Oh how I envy him

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]Any negative Brexit hangovers are a tiny sideshow compared to the seismic events and risks we face with the terrifying debt we have had to take on with Covid. To put in perspective the 2008 banking crash we borrowed 150 billion (which we still haven't paid off). To make a hole in that took 10 years of austerity.

Covid we have borrowed £400 billion.

Most people of even moderate intelligence can easily work out the risks we face over the next 20 years of economic dips, interest rate rises, etc.

Except for our agent in Derry who is blissfully letting it all sail over.

Oh how I envy him

This is a thread on brexit and as you think brexit has been a great success you will have no problem answering these questions below.

Also could you let us know your feelings on your government breaking international law again?

A reaction to Ulster loyalists withdrawing their support for the Good Friday Agreement would also be appreciated.

If brexit is such a success you will have no problem answering a few questions as you have read the WIthdrawal Agreement in its entirety, describing it as a fantastic achievement. Obviously apart from the N. Ireland Protcol which you immediately highlighted as a problen. No hold on, you didn't. .

If brexit is such a success why is the International Trade Secretary, Liz Truss refusing to answer questions about the problems facing british exporters trading with the EU. This is despite a written request from members of 6 different political groups in westminister.

If brexit is such a success why won't the british government publish an impact asssessment report of the trade deal with the EU. What have they to hide. Surely that would silence the doubters, calm businesses and map a clear route to the sunlit uplands.

If after brexit there are only a "few problems with paperwork on exports to the EU", why have the british government allocated £20 million to help small businesses with border issues and £30 million compensation to the fishing industry for disruption in the wake of brexit.

If brexit is such a success why is the british government advising british businesses to set up hubs in the EU (Bloody foreigners, over there in europe stealing our jobs)

If brexit is such a success why is it that the Bank of England expects the City of London to lose £25 trillion to £89 trillion in European derivatives trading business over the next year.

Do we have to wait 10 years (Rabb) 20 years (you) or 50 years (Rees Mogg) to see the sunlit uplands.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/...nson-trade-deal

I thought this deal was a fantastic achievement.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
As far I am concerned the sunlit uplands are here now. Freedom

Why anyone would want to be in the failing autocratic EU amazes me. Even the Eastern European countries who have done very well out of the EU are rebelling

Germany vaccinations 6% U.K. 30% many of the items in last weeks budget could not have been done where we under the yoke of the EU

Britain is preparing a major shift to sell services around the globe adding hundreds of billions to our trade something impossible while in the EU

Best decision the British people ever made to get out of the failing EU

Last edited by Stanley Park; 07/03/21 01:12 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]As far I am concerned the sunlit uplands are here now. Freedom
When was your country invaded?

Why anyone would want to be in the failing autocratic EU amazes me. Even the Eastern European countries who have done very well out of the EU are rebelling
Possibly being part of the world's largest most affluent market place might be a factor

Germany vaccinations 6% U.K. 30% many of the items in last weeks budget could not have been done where we under the yoke of the EU
Also well ahead of europe when it comes to covid deaths. Please list all the things you announced in last weeks budget that you couldn't do before you left the EU.

Britain is preparing a major shift to sell services around the globe adding hundreds of billions to our trade something impossible while in the EU
Sources and supporting evidence please. People thinking they were going to get a free unicorn got you into this mess.

Best decision the British people ever made to get out of the failing EU
Only the british people didn't make the decision. Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain. Also, can you provide evidence proving that the EU is failing

Apart from these queries I found your post very stirring and patriotic. I'm off to watch the dam busters

On the subject of your budget. I have to say the announcement of £350 million per week for the HNS now that you have left the EU was kept very quiet.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The moving of the £50 to £100 contactless card would not have been possible while in the EU. A small matter yes sure but an indication of how deeply the EU was micro managing the UK. The £350m a week on the NHS is delivered except it's north of £500m a week and will be a lot more when our tiger economy takes off. I am not going to bother listing the failings of the EU currently if you can't be bothering reading newspapers and watching the news why should I do it for you?

You hate Britain I get that but not enough to leave Britain it seems and move the short distance to the Republic. Your words are a long way from your actions

Many British people voted to remain in the EU but they have accepted we have left and are never going back. Only bitter idiots want Britain to do badly to prove they were right

Sadly such people do exist

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Although I don't know I would imagine the British governments major initiative reported today on global services is against EU competition laws

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The moving of the £50 to £100 contactless card would not have been possible while in the EU. A small matter yes sure but an indication of how deeply the EU was micro managing the UK. The £350m a week on the NHS is delivered except it's north of £500m a week and will be a lot more when our tiger economy takes off. I am not going to bother listing the failings of the EU currently if you can't be bothering reading newspapers and watching the news why should I do it for you?

You hate Britain I get that but not enough to leave Britain it seems and move the short distance to the Republic. Your words are a long way from your actions

Many British people voted to remain in the EU but they have accepted we have left and are never going back. Only bitter idiots want Britain to do badly to prove they were right

Sadly such people do exist

That seriously is the brexit dividend up to this point. You can withdraw more cash from an ATM. I hate to disappoint you but.......

On March 2020 the Netherlands raised the contactless limit from €50 - €100. I think you will find the Netherlands is part of the EU.

https://www.finextra.com/newsarticle/35493/dutch-banks-raise-contactless-limits-for-pin-entry#:~:text=The%20cumulative%20limit%20for%20contactless,the%20case%20from%20now%20on.

Strange that your government has introduced a £30.1bn cut in day-to-day spending on health in the budget from April this year. That's at a time when waiting lists are at an all time high.

Tiger economy grin ( any facts to back up this wild claim, it's just I haven't received my unicorn from the last time) -

I live in the north of Ireland as an Irish citizen, where we still enjoy many of the benefits of EU membership. I don't need to move. It's the unionists that are annoyed, not the nationalists.

You are still obsessed with remainers. Brexit has been delivered, the problem you people have is that you now have to deliver on the ludicrous promises that you made.

Any comment on your government breaching international law again? You are becoming quite the rogue state!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Brexit was about how we are governed the British people chose self-determination and that has been delivered (eventually).

Thats pretty much all there is to it. How we do economically as a nation depends on many factors many outside our control. But the main factor is us, the British People, if we succeed so will our nation.

I believe the ability to shape our laws and regulation will give Britain an advantage economically but that wasn't the reason I voted for Brexit it was to be governed only by elected British politicians. Something I would have thought an Irish nationalist would grasp.

Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom which is not in the EU. Granted there are some trade nuances in that region due to its connectivity to the republic if that makes you happy good for you.

Britain is no longer part of nor do I ever believe it will be part of the EU ever again. Lets say you are right Brexit is a disaster and the people of the United Kingdom are in dire poverty as a citizen of the United Kingdom how does that benefit you ?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
uk really needs to have a heart to heart with itself.

racist royal family- with pedo's locked up in the tower

elected a racist prime minister

windrush scandal

grenfell tower

brexit

alt right nutjob incompetent foolish govt

rupert murdoch telling u how to feel and act.

crisis time

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion