Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The polls show if Johnson delivers brexit by 31st oct he will win a clear majority maybe as many as 140 seats if not delivered then brexit party takes over and likely a hung parliament with potentially a Corbyn minority government

That's why they are stopping an election the real reason.

The majority of polls also say that remain has a majority now, should there be a referendum on the negotiated deal vs remain then?

Why not ? Then we can have another vote after that have the best of three

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The polls show if Johnson delivers brexit by 31st oct he will win a clear majority maybe as many as 140 seats if not delivered then brexit party takes over and likely a hung parliament with potentially a Corbyn minority government

That's why they are stopping an election the real reason.

The majority of polls also say that remain has a majority now, should there be a referendum on the negotiated deal vs remain then?

Why not ? Then we can have another vote after that have the best of three

So voting on a final deal because your MPs cannot decide is the same as the first referendum question? I think Brexiters are rather afraid to lose the unexpected win.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don't speak for the Britain but I live in Britain

My feeling every day is the British people are sick of brexit whether they voted leave or remain. I simply don't think the public have the will or the energy to spend the next 12 months on a second referendum a referendum that would cause even more division

Industry is also begging for certainty they don't care whether we get a deal or not they just want to know what's happening to plan

Never say never but a second referendum does not look likely at the moment and if it did occur it would have a low turnout due to brexit fatigue and many who would simply say voting is a waste of time because if we give the wrong answer to the establishment it will be ignored

And let's say following a small turn out we vote marginally to remain this time does anyone seriously think that would be accepted by the public ?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

My feeling every day is the British people are sick of brexit whether they voted leave or remain. I simply don't think the public have the will or the energy to spend the next 12 months on a second referendum a referendum that would cause even more division

Industry is also begging for certainty they don't care whether we get a deal or not they just want to know what's happening to plan

Never say never but a second referendum does not look likely at the moment and if it did occur it would have a low turnout due to brexit fatigue and many who would simply say voting is a waste of time because if we give the wrong answer to the establishment it will be ignored

And let's say following a small turn out we vote marginally to remain this time does anyone seriously think that would be accepted by the public ?

Really, I though industry/business want to avoid a no deal at any cost, but I might be mistaken as I get British news from Sky mainly

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Really, I though industry/business want to avoid a no deal at any cost, but I might be mistaken as I get British news from Sky mainly

You are mistaken business needs to plan whatever the circumstances good or bad what they cannot deal with is not knowing

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

You are mistaken business needs to plan whatever the circumstances good or bad what they cannot deal with is not knowing

Don't think any business want bad circumstances, the bad uncertainly is mainly because of expecting the worst. If the uncertainty is about things getting better, then there are no issues. Let's say it was the reverse and a particular country was negotiating to get in the EU, then despite the uncertainty the feeling would be better

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You are assuming bad circumstances is leaving the EU

The rest of the world seems to manage and I don't accept leaving the EU is bad and neither do the majority of British voters when they were asked

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
You are assuming bad circumstances is leaving the EU

The rest of the world seems to manage and I don't accept leaving the EU is bad and neither do the majority of British voters when they were asked

Great, I wonder why you are still in then

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

You are absolutely correct. People living in the real world, particularly those in business, know how catastrophic a No Deal Brexit is going to be.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
business is not some homogenous group who all think the same thing. Its a massive variety of opinions and needs for some no deal would be a disaster for some a great opportunity for 90% of UK business it would have no impact at all as most businesses trade internally or with countries outside the EU. However all businesses need certainty and to plan ahead

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion