Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Yeah that will be it. All the things you don't have to do now, you will have to do when you leave with no deal, but that will be absolutely no problem.

Well hurray for you. Unfortunately not everyone is as adaptable, understanding and wonderful as you.

May I remind you that we were told brexit would improve our lives.

My worry is there are still a big group of MP,s trying to stop brexit and will vote down any deal the Labour Party are even talking about sacking any MP that votes for the deal even before they have seen what the deal is. That's what we are dealing with. Whether your life improves is pretty much up to you and collectively it depends on the British people whether we are in the EU or not. If all you had to do to be successful was to be in the EU the whole world would be wanting to join or copy the model. The EU is one of the slowest growing economies in the world and rife with political unrest

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yeah that will be it. All the things you don't have to do now, you will have to do when you leave with no deal, but that will be absolutely no problem.

Well hurray for you. Unfortunately not everyone is as adaptable, understanding and wonderful as you.

I think you underestimate those who want to travel. It’s a non issue simple as. Brexit May well improve our lives. Who knows. But having to make a tiny bit extra effort to go to Marbs is hardly going to ruin them.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

My worry is there are still a big group of MP,s trying to stop brexit and will vote down any deal the Labour Party are even talking about sacking any MP that votes for the deal even before they have seen what the deal is. That's what we are dealing with. Whether your life improves is pretty much up to you and collectively it depends on the British people whether we are in the EU or not. If all you had to do to be successful was to be in the EU the whole world would be wanting to join or copy the model. The EU is one of the slowest growing economies in the world and rife with political unrest

It’ll be like when May first presented her deal. Corbyn was saying it was the worst deal ever and in the same breath admitted he’d not even seen it. They’re pathetic and will vote this down for political reasons.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

It’ll be like when May first presented her deal. Corbyn was saying it was the worst deal ever and in the same breath admitted he’d not even seen it. They’re pathetic and will vote this down for political reasons.

Why should labour vote for any deal that they were not involved in, it's up to the Tories to vote for their deal. Labour has said they want to stay in a customs Union with a number of rights preserved, if it's not in the negotiated deal it's legitimate for them to vote it down

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
How about because their constituents voted leave and they promised to respect their vote ?

But let's say they vote it down because that's what they do ? What then ? What is their suggestion ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What Stan said. Opposition parties vote for things the government bring forward all the time.

The only reason labour will vote this down is to stop it happening and to try and for e their will on it. I would have said it’s to force an election but they’re scared now to take on BoJo so they’ll frustrate the process in the hope that people turn against him up to a point that they think they can win. It’s all for their own good and gain and not for the good of the country.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
How about because their constituents voted leave and they promised to respect their vote ?

But let's say they vote it down because that's what they do ? What then ? What is their suggestion ?

Yes their constituents voted leave but Labour have their own version of it, they have said a number of times that they want to stay in a customs Union with workers rights preserved, looks to me that such a deal can be negotiated with the EU which will also solve the Irish border which I assumed is not very important for a majority of Brexiters.

My suggestion is simple, if the MPs cannot agree on a deal, then let the people decide, simpler than the easiest deal in history, don't you think?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
What Stan said. Opposition parties vote for things the government bring forward all the time.

The only reason labour will vote this down is to stop it happening and to try and for e their will on it. I would have said it’s to force an election but they’re scared now to take on BoJo so they’ll frustrate the process in the hope that people turn against him up to a point that they think they can win. It’s all for their own good and gain and not for the good of the country.

All the time, really? Why is it so important for the government to have a majority then? Yes, they do vote for the government policies if not controversial or after adding amendments. Let's say the government wants to introduce tax cuts for the rich, do you think Labour will vote for it?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Vish in English all the time means all the time

In English slang all the time means some of the time

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Vish in English all the time means all the time

In English slang all the time means some of the time

Thanks for the info, I only know some English and very limited slang, good to know.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion