Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
What Stan said. Opposition parties vote for things the government bring forward all the time.

The only reason labour will vote this down is to stop it happening and to try and for e their will on it. I would have said it’s to force an election but they’re scared now to take on BoJo so they’ll frustrate the process in the hope that people turn against him up to a point that they think they can win. It’s all for their own good and gain and not for the good of the country.

All the time, really? Why is it so important for the government to have a majority then? Yes, they do vote for the government policies if not controversial or after adding amendments. Let's say the government wants to introduce tax cuts for the rich, do you think Labour will vote for it?

Yes all the time. A majority is of course important but you’re assuming that all in government vote with the government which doesn’t always happen. Who they vote with will depend on what they’re voting for.

There’s a bill coming for domestic abuse brought by the government. Do you think labour will vote against that? For your example no labour wouldn’t vote for that ad neither would a good amount of conservatives so a majority government might not even get that through.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
What Stan said. Opposition parties vote for things the government bring forward all the time.

The only reason labour will vote this down is to stop it happening and to try and for e their will on it. I would have said it’s to force an election but they’re scared now to take on BoJo so they’ll frustrate the process in the hope that people turn against him up to a point that they think they can win. It’s all for their own good and gain and not for the good of the country.

All the time, really? Why is it so important for the government to have a majority then? Yes, they do vote for the government policies if not controversial or after adding amendments. Let's say the government wants to introduce tax cuts for the rich, do you think Labour will vote for it?

Yes all the time. A majority is of course important but you’re assuming that all in government vote with the government which doesn’t always happen. Who they vote with will depend on what they’re voting for.

There’s a bill coming for domestic abuse brought by the government. Do you think labour will vote against that? For your example no labour wouldn’t vote for that ad neither would a good amount of conservatives so a majority government might not even get that through.

As I said, if it's not controversial and when opposition amendments have been approved they all vote for them. However, the type of deal is highly controversial, not only between government and opposition but even within the parties, specially the Tories who are trying everything possible to recoup UKIP voters

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
better to blame labour for not voting for it especially since its the tories in power for near a decade , their moronic referendum (with zero thought into it) their majority (most of the time) and their bundling failures again and again..but blame labour lol

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
better to blame labour for not voting for it especially since its the tories in power for near a decade , their moronic referendum (with zero thought into it) their majority (most of the time) and their bundling failures again and again..but blame labour lol

What do you care ? Neither are political parties in your country as for the Republic of Ireland's political parties I tend to keep my nose out of them none of my business how the Irish vote

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
The Nice treaty in 2001 and Lisbon treaty in 2008 were rejected in Ireland in referendums.

In order to turn the results around, second referendums were held which reversed the results.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By EMP

What do you care ? Neither are political parties in your country as for the Republic of Ireland's political parties I tend to keep my nose out of them none of my business how the Irish vote

Be great if it was none of my business either, alas the tories have a horrible record of messing up my country.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Markhutch1
The Nice treaty in 2001 and Lisbon treaty in 2008 were rejected in Ireland in referendums.

In order to turn the results around, second referendums were held which reversed the results.

wow really..i didn't know that

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Dont you think the two rerun referendums are something you might expect to happen in Zimbabwe rather than ROI?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Markhutch1
Dont you think the two rerun referendums are something you might expect to happen in Zimbabwe rather than ROI?

Referendums are usually re-run after changes brought in the treaty, I don't know about what happened in ROI, probably those from there could share.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By EMP

You were extolling the virtues of the leader of the DUP on here.

Still impressed by Arelene this morning?

The reason why Irish people care is because we are going to be collateral damage in this ongoing tory civil war.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion