KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The details of the governments plan for the Irish border have not been announced yet so it's pointless speculating on rumours although that won't stop shaggy

However I bet when it is announced it's trusted trader, self certification and audit type thing. That has been rejected by the EU so something else will need to be added what we will have to see. The government have denied its hard border away from the border albeit there are to be customs checks

I was in a meeting yesterday in Manchester and Arlene foster was one of the speakers a very impressive speaker she was too. It was clear the backstop is a red line and she believes it would breach the Belfast agreement and believes a lot of Remain MP,s are stirring up threat of the troubles for their political aims she named john major and tony Blair and was clearly angry at them. She also said most English politicans had never read the Belfast agreement which is true in my experience.

Shaggy does not speak for Northern Ireland there are plenty over there who are polar opposites to his view

Mrs foster also said there are future issues for the Republic with a European army and tax harmonisation. The army would compromise Ireland's neutrality and prevent them setting low corporation tax which drives their important digital economy

Last edited by Stanley Park; 01/10/19 09:07 AM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The details of the governments plan for the Irish border have not been announced yet so it's pointless speculating on rumours although that won't stop shaggy

However I bet when it is announced it's trusted trader, self certification and audit type thing. That has been rejected by the EU so something else will need to be added what we will have to see. The government have denied its hard border away from the border albeit there are to be customs checks

I was in a meeting yesterday in Manchester and Arlene foster was one of the speakers a very impressive speaker she was too. It was clear the backstop is a red line and she believes it would breach the Belfast agreement and believes a lot of Remain MP,s are stirring up threat of the troubles for their political aims she named john major and tony Blair and was clearly angry at them. She also said most English politicans had never read the Belfast agreement which is true in my experience.

Shaggy does not speak for Northern Ireland there are plenty over there who are polar opposites to his view

Mrs foster also said there are future issues for the Republic with a European army and tax harmonisation. The army would compromise Ireland's neutrality and prevent them setting low corporation tax which drives their important digital economy

Bojo has been quick to disown the proposals set out in the leaked documents. This whole Irish border issue isn't as easy to solve as Bojo thought it was going to be. That's what happens when reality meets wishful thinking.

I'm not surprised you were impressed by Arlene Foster.

The leader of the only party in N. Ireland to campaign against the Good Friday Agreement.

The leader of a party that won't consent to an Irish Language Act on the island of Ireland.

The leader of a party that refuses to recognise the rights of gay people to marry each other.

The leader of a party that denies women in N. Ireland the same abortion rights as those on the UK mainland.

The leader of a party that oversaw a cash for ash scheme that will cost the taxpayer at least half a billion pounds.

The leader of a party, campaigning for brexit against the express wishes of the majority of the electorate in N. Ireland.

Arlene is right up your street.

Oh and this may come as a shock to you but the DUP don't like the Republic of Ireland. Though I thought you would have know that given the fact that you were near the border once 20 years ago.

# we aren't racists we are characters.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Great rant but nothing of substance as always

Whether I like Arlene foster is pretty much irrelevant that fact the majority of people in Northern Ireland do and vote her as leader does

And I agree with wilki the tactic is to claim Britain needs to find a solution then reject anything and everything they suggest. Well time is running out and if a solution is not perfect the terminal rejectors should take the blame

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Great rant but nothing of substance as always

Whether I like Arlene foster is pretty much irrelevant that fact the majority of people in Northern Ireland do and vote her as leader does

And I agree with wilki the tactic is to claim Britain needs to find a solution then reject anything and everything they suggest. Well time is running out and if a solution is not perfect the terminal rejectors should take the blame

As is now standard in your brexit lala land when given a set of facts you simply chose to ignore them or shout conspiracy.

The majority of people in N. Ireland voted to remain. She is pushing for brexit, against the wishes of the electorate here.

Britain created brexit, of course they need to provide a solution. Oh and Boris voted for May's backstop the 3rd time it came before parliament. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The majority of the people in Northern Ireland presumably voted for the DUP and arlene foster ? Otherwise why would she be leader

The fact the majority in Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU is a fascinating fact but of no relevance as we voted as the United Kingdom

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
The majority of the people in Northern Ireland presumably voted for the DUP and arlene foster ? Otherwise why would she be leader

The fact the majority in Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU is a fascinating fact but of no relevance as we voted as the United Kingdom

The First Minister is elected by the Assembly on a joint ticket with the deputy First Minister through a cross-community vote. Why am I surprised that you didn't learn about this on your fact finding mission near the border 20 years ago?

Ah so the will of the people doesn't count in N. Ireland. I notice it doesn't count in Scotland either. And you wonder why you're country is in the state it is in.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

The First Minister is elected by the Assembly on a joint ticket with the deputy First Minister through a cross-community vote. Why am I surprised that you didn't learn about this on your fact finding mission near the border 20 years ago?

Ah so the will of the people doesn't count in N. Ireland. I notice it doesn't count in Scotland either. And you wonder why you're country is in the state it is in.

The Kingdom doesn't look very United, does it?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I admit I don't understand Northern Ireland politics and I am glad I don't. As far as I am aware (correct me if wrong) the DUP are the majority party therefore the majority must have voted for them and your views are not typical of all people who live in the province

As for Britain not being united there is one easy way to put that right let the people vote for a new parliament however parliament is currently blocking all elections

Britain was once a beacon of democracy its an international joke now and little better than South American or African dictatorships where elections are rigged or prevented

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
I admit I don't understand Northern Ireland politics and I am glad I don't. As far as I am aware (correct me if wrong) the DUP are the majority party therefore the majority must have voted for them and your views are not typical of all people who live in the province

As for Britain not being united there is one easy way to put that right let the people vote for a new parliament however parliament is currently blocking all elections

Britain was once a beacon of democracy its an international joke now and little better than South American or African dictatorships where elections are rigged or prevented

"I admit I don't understand Northern Ireland politics"

You have never set foot in the place, you were oblivious to the fact that people who live in N. Ireland can declare as Irish citizens and hold Irish passports and yet you lecture us who live here. Once again, the majority in N. Ireland voted to remain in the EU. The DUP have pushed for brexit, completely ignoring the wishes of their constituents.

Again a tantrum because the opposition parties wont have the election when Bojo says so. When you are a serial liar people tend not to believe you when you promise things. An election won't change the views of those in Scotland and N. Ireland who have had a tory brexit forced upon them. Good luck uniting them.

Britain once claimed ownership of one quarter of the globe, including the United States, Australia and India. A beacon of democracy. Really?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
The poll finds that Northern voters are deeply dissatisfied with the management of Brexit by the UK government and, most significantly, with the Democratic Unionist Party, with more than three-quarters of all voters saying they are dissatisfied with the UK government.

Two-thirds of all voters (67 per cent) say the DUP is doing a bad job of representing Northern Ireland at Westminster, while 69 per cent of people – including 57 per cent of those from a Protestant background – are dissatisfied with DUP leader Arlene Foster.

The poll in Northern Ireland was conducted through face-to-face interviews among a national quota sample of 536 people throughout all regions. Personal in-home interviewing took place on March 4th, 5th and 6th. The accuracy level is estimated to be about plus or minus 4.29 per cent.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion