Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 174 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 173 174
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Shaggy I am I guess older than you I remember the troubles not just in Ireland but over in England too. I have also met a few Irish republicans face to face on more than one occasion. Derry is a hotbed of Irish republicanism. I Know the language and can smell one a mile off. You gave yourself away some time ago when you said you abhor all violence while not criticising the IRA directly. That's the language of the IRA and that's what they used to say when accepting responsibility for killing civilians. People maimed, killed and bodies spread all over the road the IRA used to say the responsibility for the deaths is with the British government and they abhor violence. We are killing them because they are killing us. Every murderer in history from Hitler to Stalin has used that justification. It's pretty obvious while you may or may not be a direct IRA sympathiser you are from and close to that background. Don't try and deny it people can tell a mile off

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
That's all a bit twisted Stan.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Shaggy I am I guess older than you I remember the troubles not just in Ireland but over in England too. I have also met a few Irish republicans face to face on more than one occasion. Derry is a hotbed of Irish republicanism. I Know the language and can smell one a mile off. You gave yourself away some time ago when you said you abhor all violence while not criticising the IRA directly. That's the language of the IRA and that's what they used to say when accepting responsibility for killing civilians. People maimed, killed and bodies spread all over the road the IRA used to say the responsibility for the deaths is with the British government and they abhor violence. We are killing them because they are killing us. Every murderer in history from Hitler to Stalin has used that justification. It's pretty obvious while you may or may not be a direct IRA sympathiser you are from and close to that background. Don't try and deny it people can tell a mile off

Oh dear, you are a grumpy brexiteer (sort of) these days.

Get all that hatred out Stan.

Can we talk about your plan for the country after you get your No Deal Brexit

PS You left Churchill out of your list of murderers.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I have told you my plan many times before but I will do again but remember I am not running the country. I think we should be out the single market customs union and ECJ. We should though have close trade ties with the EU preferably with no tariffs but if not so be it. The nothern Ireland border can be solved by trusted supplier, self assessment and spot audits very much as now and what the eventual solution will be when they stop squabbling. However what I think is irrelevant I am a mere voter not the government. What would your solution be ?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
I have told you my plan many times before but I will do again but remember I am not running the country. I think we should be out the single market customs union and ECJ. We should though have close trade ties with the EU preferably with no tariffs but if not so be it. The nothern Ireland border can be solved by trusted supplier, self assessment and spot audits very much as now and what the eventual solution will be when they stop squabbling. However what I think is irrelevant I am a mere voter not the government. What would your solution be ?

Keep your promise on the border backstop and whatever your government wants to do after that is up to them.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Keep your promise on the border backstop and whatever your government wants to do after that is up to them.

My reading is they have agreed to agree a mechanism that Britain could invoke to get out of the UK wide customs union once a more permanent solution could be found. I am guessing here but that could be something the EU has accepted and that might be the big announcement rumoured for tomorrow.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

My reading is they have agreed to agree a mechanism that Britain could invoke to get out of the UK wide customs union once a more permanent solution could be found. I am guessing here but that could be something the EU has accepted and that might be the big announcement rumoured for tomorrow.

There is not a chance that Britain will be allowed to unilaterally invoke any get out mechanism in relation to the backstop. So it will be some kind of fudge.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
That I agree is a concern the EU have all the cards and are trying to retain control of Britain post brexit. This could have been avoided if British politicians had worked for Britain instead of party interests but I know I am expecting too much there. We need to see the actual deal rather than guessing given this time tommorow we might know

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
That I agree is a concern the EU have all the cards and are trying to retain control of Britain post brexit. This could have been avoided if British politicians had worked for Britain instead of party interests but I know I am expecting too much there. We need to see the actual deal rather than guessing given this time tommorow we might know

The whole thing is going to be a fudge. The big question is will she get it past parliament

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

The whole thing is going to be a fudge. The big question is will she get it past parliament

It was never going to be anything else but a fudge the EU is almost impossible to negotiate with as the Irish found out with the Lisbon treaty. I agree parliment is the issue I was never in doubt a deal would be done. However how many in parliment at the end of the day are going to vote for no deal ? I can't see it but I might be wrong nothing would surprise me with them

Page 89 of 174 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion