Page 131 of 174 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 173 174
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
If we had a new referendum the earliest it could take place is seven months from today assuming we called it today. And whatever the questions where (some are taking about three or four) then we would all be in dispute over what they should be. Complete and utter insantity.

Whatever happened to taking back control.

The pantomime continues as time runs out.

It is a pantomime it's a complete joke. But do you have an ideas other than pulling your tounge out ? Personally I thought Theresa Mays deal was a decent compromise but obviously our MP,s thought differently. However what they do want is a mystery. They are in danger of doing huge damage to both our economy and our Democracy with uncertain consequences

So we can take strong and stable off the menu as well.

Parliament doesn't know what it wants and that isn't going to change any time soon.
Yet the 29th of March is fast approaching.

May is now a dead duck PM with no authority and I have no idea why she hasn't resigned after suffering such a humiliating defeat.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Even the government is mad up of factions. That’s how bad and devicive this topic is.

And yes, we need to change our political system. A clean sweep of ALL current incumbents as they’ve ALL to a man and woman proved their own needs and wants far out weigh those of the country. I’m not one for revolutions but that’s one I’d get right behind.

Now now wilki, none of that lefty talk wink

It’s not leftie talk. Just sense. ALL politicians from ALL parties need dumping. They’re all just in it for themselves. Anyone who thinks any of them aren’t are just naive.

It’d be a very middle class, centerist revolition.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
She ain’t great vish but at least she’s had the balls to have a go at this when all those who campaigned so hard for it ran away and hid.

But then you look at the alternatives from any of the parties and realise it’s not so bad.

Yes she had the balls, what I mean is that she doesn't play politics to get what she wants, ie, threatening, pressuring etc. If she had told all MPs that if her deal is not voted, she would go for a general election, I think even Labour MPs who are not sure to get re-elected would have voted for her deal. Yes DUP wouldn't have, but she might have win the vote. I think to clean the mess a general election would be better than a new referendum, however, a new minority government would be back to square 0

Yeah perhaps. You know she’s have been hammered for playing with our future though. Might have been worth a gamble though.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
What an absolute shambles!

They've had 2 1/2 years to organise alternatives to the EU and nobody has gone out there to see "if" the grass is greener on the other side! This has been a manipulated and manufactured sewn discourse by the establishment to get a 2nd referendum. The scaremongering is going to get ramped up...article 50 will be delayed, allowing Soros and his NGO's to run rampant in shackling the UK to the EU FOREVER.

sick

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I can tell you all now what is going to happen...

Twatter and Facebook will kick anybody off their platforms who want Brexit. Soros and his NGO's will harrass anybody against the EU...businesses and platforms that rely on any sort of sponsors / advertisers / consumers who have a different opinion to them will be effectively shutdown as they go after their sponsors and advertisers and consumers. Those Kids who weren't old enough to vote 1st time around have been manipulated by all the left wing Professors / Teachers and will likely be at the forefront of protesting.
People are going to be scared into voting for remain.

Pffft the UK is going to hell in a handbasket!

1984 here we come...One World Government with The People having no powers whatsoever.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles

Twatter and Facebook will kick anybody off their platforms who want Brexit. Soros and his NGO's will harrass anybody against the EU...businesses and platforms that rely on any sort of sponsors / advertisers / consumers who have a different opinion to them will be effectively shutdown as they go after their sponsors and advertisers and consumers. Those Kids who weren't old enough to vote 1st time around have been manipulated by all the left wing Professors / Teachers and will likely be at the forefront of protesting.

1984 here we come...One World Government with The People having no powers whatsoever.

Yep and some of those old right wing bigots would have died off too.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
FFS! May had one job to do and failed at it miserably. She should go. Everyone is stalling so that they get a 2nd referendum to get the result they wanted in the first place.

Then it will be remain but we will have to go to a best of 3 referendum to keep everyone happy. Failing that we go to penalties or sudden death.

Personally I voted remain and although disappointed with the outcome we MUST go with what the majority wanted. It was a two horse race and we have ended up with no winner at the end of the day because democracy is being ignored.

People voted on the basis of the lies they were told by both sides and ignored what the main two parties were officially pushing for which was to remain.

Another referendum would be met with apathy. A General Election even more so. Politics is absolutely fukked now because the party in power cannot even drag its own MP's to vote for the will of the people to be followed.

We get the usual local elections on 2nd May and if Brexit is delayed we will see apathy reach an all time high and people choosing not to vote.

To celebrate this event ITV will show Brewsters Millions when we can all laugh about voting for None of the Above and how it came true.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By SSO
FFS! May had one job to do and failed at it miserably. She should go. Everyone is stalling so that they get a 2nd referendum to get the result they wanted in the first place.

Then it will be remain but we will have to go to a best of 3 referendum to keep everyone happy. Failing that we go to penalties or sudden death.

Personally I voted remain and although disappointed with the outcome we MUST go with what the majority wanted. It was a two horse race and we have ended up with no winner at the end of the day because democracy is being ignored.

People voted on the basis of the lies they were told by both sides and ignored what the main two parties were officially pushing for which was to remain.

Another referendum would be met with apathy. A General Election even more so. Politics is absolutely fukked now because the party in power cannot even drag its own MP's to vote for the will of the people to be followed.

We get the usual local elections on 2nd May and if Brexit is delayed we will see apathy reach an all time high and people choosing not to vote.

To celebrate this event ITV will show Brewsters Millions when we can all laugh about voting for None of the Above and how it came true.

Spot on ! Most of my remainer friends feel the same and most on here do too if not all. Another referendum would be crazy and the outcome would never be believed by the public. It will be forever said "we were made to vote again until we gave the right answer" . As for parliment watching them today on the vote of confidence in Theresa May what a pity the public can't have a vote of confidence in them!

Last edited by Stanley Park; 16/01/19 04:33 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By lumba
Originally Posted By Pickles

Yep and some of those old right wing bigots would have died off too.

Congratulations Lumbs... sick

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By SSO

Spot on ! Most of my remainer friends feel the same and most on here do too if not all. Another referendum would be crazy and the outcome would never be believed by the public. It will be forever said "we were made to vote again until we gave the right answer" . As for parliment watching them today on the vote of confidence in Theresa May what a pity the public can't have a vote of confidence in them!

The public elected them. That's what first past the post gets you.

Page 131 of 174 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion