Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 173 of 174 1 2 171 172 173 174
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
From what I can gather Toyota might be next. It's to do with diesel cars no one wants to buy them so plants that build diesel cars have problems. Even if we had voted to remain in the EU this would be occurring exactly as it is. I also read it's related to the new trade deal between the EU and japan where Japan can export tariff free to the EU hence they have no need for car plants in the EU. Great negotiating there EU !

So that and the changes in the car market looks like our car industry is finished from Japanese manufacturers.

Not only is it not to do with brexit but the EU have facilitated it. Not shooting in the foot more like blowing both legs off

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
From what I can gather Toyota might be next. It's to do with diesel cars no one wants to buy them so plants that build diesel cars have problems. Even if we had voted to remain in the EU this would be occurring exactly as it is. I also read it's related to the new trade deal between the EU and japan where Japan can export tariff free to the EU hence they have no need for car plants in the EU. Great negotiating there EU !

So that and the changes in the car market looks like our car industry is finished from Japanese manufacturers.

Not only is it not to do with brexit but the EU have facilitated it. Not shooting in the foot more like blowing both legs off

As I said, there is the fact that the EU has signed a trade deal with Japan and the country to suffer the most is UK, not Germany or France. That's probably a farewell gift from the EU and if UK had enough influence, it could have done something about it. But life goes on.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

As I said, there is the fact that the EU has signed a trade deal with Japan and the country to suffer the most is UK, not Germany or France. That's probably a farewell gift from the EU and if UK had enough influence, it could have done something about it. But life goes on.

It will affect the japanese car plants in Europe and had we voted to remain this would be happening exactly the same. The EU strikes a trade deal that's not in britains interests exactly why in future we need to strike our own deals

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

It will affect the japanese car plants in Europe and had we voted to remain this would be happening exactly the same. The EU strikes a trade deal that's not in britains interests exactly why in future we need to strike our own deals

Any country in the EU can influence deals negotiated by the EU and even block them. A few communes in Belgium if I am not mistaken blocked the Canada deal until some modifications were made. However, UK doesn't have that kind of influence anymore or rather the Tories wanted to have a free trade deal with other countries including Japan themselves. You are in for a rough ride according to me and you are only seeing the beginning. If there is no deal Nissan will most probably shut down their Sunderland plant, then we'll watch the Brexiters celebrate as they did after the referendum results came out.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/o...refuses-to-sign

Last edited by TiredReds; 19/02/19 05:39 PM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I know you think (hope) Britain is in for a rough ride you said so two years ago but we still await it. Our employment is at record highs and wages are increasing above inflation for the first time in a decade. If this is a rough ride let's hope it continues. Meanwhile the EU enters recession and unemployment three times the UK

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I know you think (hope) Britain is in for a rough ride you said so two years ago but we still await it. Our employment is at record highs and wages are increasing above inflation for the first time in a decade. If this is a rough ride let's hope it continues. Meanwhile the EU enters recession and unemployment three times the UK

The EU is not a country and Germany, the Dutch and Nordic countries are doing very well. Don't know why you always compare UK to the EU, the EU never prevented the UK to be a front runner in the world, same as Germany. But we'll see after you sign free trade deals with China and India or even Japan. The only positive hopefully will be the US trade deal if you believe Trump

Last edited by TiredReds; 19/02/19 06:42 PM.
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Well if it was Brexit, Swindon voted to leave. Just saying.

Yes and Honda always said they were staying even after the result of the referendum. What has fukked everything over is the unbelievable amount of dithering by the politicians. All of them but especially the Tories for not having the bottle to have a plan and see if through. But all the time they have played this as though they had 4 aces up their sleeves when all they have is a pair of nothing.

Personally I voted to stay. Did any of us really know what we were voting for. Fair to say if your towns biggest employer does not show it's hand for the leave camp then all should be well? The closure is indirectly caused by Brexit.

Again we have put a woman into number 10 and people are all out looking for work.

Just saying.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

The EU is not a country and Germany, the Dutch and Nordic countries are doing very well. Don't know why you always compare UK to the EU, the EU never prevented the UK to be a front runner in the world, same as Germany. But we'll see after you sign free trade deals with China and India or even Japan. The only positive hopefully will be the US trade deal if you believe Trump

Germany is entering recession partly as a result of the same changes affecting britains car industry although they are more reliant on their car industry. In fact this whole thing started with the VW scandal. No idea about Dutch and Nordic economies but they are small beer.

Last edited by Stanley Park; 19/02/19 10:17 PM.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By EMP
He called his lawyer "a rat" and stopped him from testifying before the senate by threatening his father in law. He could face murder charges relating to the murder of a washington post reporter and legal US resident as he has obstructed justice and shown massive indifference to the murder. Links between MBS, the national enquirer and trump -very dodgy. Nearly everyone he appointed around him are in jail or pleaded guilty, and he bows to the main don putin. He is a mafia goon and a moron .

How can somebody with such a past even become a candidate for presidential elections if true? Are you saying the FBI didn't know about that, why didn't the democrats/Obama's administration didn't do anything about it during the campaign?

Because it’s far left clap trap. As if it wouldn’t have been all over all of the press if true.

lol already was, he did all this as president, he breaks laws so openly now nobody seems to notice. the rat thing he did in a tweet a few weeks ago, he ignored his own intelligence on the kashoghi murder and denied congress investigate it- again publicly, and yes count how many people he appointed that pleaded guilty-loads.. ur man michael flynn was told he should be done for treason by a rep. judge.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
he is such a moron that he is gonna get done for things he did in public.. tweeting how "he would never have appointed Sessions if he had known he would recuse himself from russian investigation" is against the law lol..what a tit.

Page 173 of 174 1 2 171 172 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion