Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 174 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 173 174
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By TiredReds
You may have a lot of Chinese workers Vish and I am sure they are needed and make a valuable contribution. However the key point you have missed is your government is in control. Would you accept a foreign power having control of your government and societies immingration policy ? I suspect not

Not if my government was not part of the decision making and had a veto, of course. However, your government was apparently very forceful about it, I wonder why and what has changed.

Not sure I understand our government was weak in the past in accepting the mastrict treaty which formed the EU it was done by stealth and john major the prime minster refused to allow the public a vote to join the EU because he knew what the answer would be. No British government was ever forceful about accepting freedom of movement it was something we had to endure until things got totally out of control. Mauritius would never accept the situation Britain was in and neither would you but you are happy to support it from thousands of miles away safe in the knowledge you are ok

Ok, but why is it that all your governments from John Major to Cameron wanted the UK to stay in the EU? Any explanation? In fact, I think even now, only a minority want out completely, the likes of Patel, Rees Mogg, Boris, Davies etc, else May would have lost her job.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The EU is another career for MP,s and a very lucrative one too. Once there career in the UK government stalls or is over they go to the lords or become an MEP or EU commissoner. But you are confused Vish our democracy is based on what the people think and want MP,s are supposed to implement it. To be fair I understand why you are confused so am I our political class is self serving and has been for a long time.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The EU is another career for MP,s and a very lucrative one too. Once there career in the UK government stalls or is over they go to the lords or become an MEP or EU commissoner. But you are confused Vish our democracy is based on what the people think and want MP,s are supposed to implement it. To be fair I understand why you are confused so am I our political class is self serving and has been for a long time.

Yes, must say I am confused

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

There is (and has been for many years) a vast gulf between the political class and the people in Britain. But it's not just Britain the same is happening all over the EU and in the USA. I don't know much about Mauritius but I assume you have politicians who respect and work for the people. In which case you are very lucky

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

There is (and has been for many years) a vast gulf between the political class and the people in Britain. But it's not just Britain the same is happening all over the EU and in the USA. I don't know much about Mauritius but I assume you have politicians who respect and work for the people. In which case you are very lucky

No, we also have politicians who look after themselves too much, probably more than UK, however, most of our governments have worked more or less closely with the private sector/ business, because without it, there will be no investment and we'll end up like Cuba and the likes (not too many these days). What I find extraordinary with Brexit is that the Tory hard Brexiters, who are supposedly pro business, are saying fk business. From experience I know that business know more about the economy than the government.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I don't think they are saying fk business Vish boris Johnson might have said it but he not the government. The government has shaped the chequers deal to help manufacturing business. However it's wrong to assume brexit will affect all businesses in the UK equally many sectors will gain from brexit from day one.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don't think they are saying fk business Vish boris Johnson might have said it but he not the government. The government has shaped the chequers deal to help manufacturing business. However it's wrong to assume brexit will affect all businesses in the UK equally many sectors will gain from brexit from day one.

Probably but which businesses would do better and what do they represent in your econony? I am sure that if the likes of BMW, Nissan, JLR, Airbus left, you'll have a major problem

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Probably but which businesses would do better and what do they represent in your econony? I am sure that if the likes of BMW, Nissan, JLR, Airbus left, you'll have a major problem

It wouldnt be good no - are they leaving then ?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By EMP
our crazy leader is just sticking to the agreement, its your mad lot that are chasing their tails. and why worry...well it effects us believe it or not, whether we are in the eu or not.. crazy right? or absolutely perfectly logical and reality.. U stopped living in reality ?

Your thoughtful analysis is that putin owns our ass. Very good how long did it take you to come up with that gem from junior school. Britain has just taken delivery of 5th generation fighters F35 planes that will fly over your head protecting Ireland for free because Ireland can't afford an Air Force. Relations between Britain and Ireland have never been worse because of your prime minister. That has consequences pay for your own air defence or pusade the EU to do it for you. As for passports they should be introduced between mainland Britain and Ireland and future bail outs you can whistle.

Relations between Britain and Ireland were much worse during the plantation, the famine, the penal laws or whenever you invaded us.

The only nation to invade us is Britain, so you will be protecting us from yourselves. Thanks for that, I think.

You have no solution to the Irish border problem (a border that Britain created under threat of all out war) so you attack the Irish. Brexiteers really are strange people.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It wasn't really an invasion as in a war but a colonisation this was occurring all over Europe as any history book will tell you were you ever to read one. Scotland has invaded England France has invaded England

The colonisation of Ireland was in the 16th century brexit was not a part of that. But again it is in your world. There is probably no where else in the world that's still fighting battles of 400 years ago there was a civil war in England then in fact three civil wars never in my life have a met anyone who today is remotely bothered most probably could not even state those facts.

The fact there are still people like you is immensely depressing and it makes me think there is no hope for Ulster the bitterness and hatred are always under the surface and for what reason ? I don't believe it's anything to do with the 1600,s more likely turf wars over drugs / other crime and frankly very small minded communities where this is allowed to foster.

Page 46 of 174 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion