Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 174 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 173 174
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Exactly my point. This is what the EU want and would prefer we just accept just as we are doing to them with our proposals.

No the EU would prefer UK stayed in the common market if not the EU itself. UK wants something completely different which nobody has

Given the EU has made no proposals of their own to shape brexit out of curiosity how do you know what they want ?

Barnier said that several existing options were proposed to the uk, even May said that the proposal bu EU were not good enough, are you following what's going on?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Exactly my point. This is what the EU want and would prefer we just accept just as we are doing to them with our proposals.

No the EU would prefer UK stayed in the common market if not the EU itself. UK wants something completely different which nobody has

Yes I know we want different things but the point I was making is that we both want what we want and just want the other side to accept it. This was in relation to you saying that we’re not budging in what we want but neither are the eu.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
No I am not following what's going on Vish obviously you are directly in touch with Michael barnier but I hope you are right if the EU offer us same as EEC we should snatch their hands off. We did have that situation for many years it started to go wrong with political union you don't need to have political union to have a common market. Keep us informed when Michael imparts more secret information to you

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Given the EU has made no proposals of their own to shape brexit out of curiosity how do you know what they want ?

The EU isn't leaving and their position has been clear from the outset.

Britain can't agree on a set of proposals, even the Chequers Agreement (that's a laugh) has already been compromised by JRM and the far right loonies on the back benches.

It is exceptionally difficult to negotiate when one side doesn't even know what they want.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Whatever is agreed or not agreed if it is to Britains advantage in any way you can be sure an Irish republican will be against it. All I see is wanting Britain to fail because if what went on 400 years ago. Still in this great world it takes all sorts let's lose no sleep over that. I will stick by what I said right at the beginning there will be an agreement with the EU but at the back end we still have much posturing to do. That's simply what my gut feel says I don't know. My personal wish is we get no deal but I don't think it will get that far at the end of the day

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Whatever is agreed or not agreed if it is to Britains advantage in any way you can be sure an Irish republican will be against it. All I see is wanting Britain to fail because if what went on 400 years ago. Still in this great world it takes all sorts let's lose no sleep over that. I will stick by what I said right at the beginning there will be an agreement with the EU but at the back end we still have much posturing to do. That's simply what my gut feel says I don't know. My personal wish is we get no deal but I don't think it will get that far at the end of the day

An anti Irish rant that didn't address any of the points I raised.

But brexiteers don't have any answers, just sound bites and attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I see that the Brexit Department will no longer be responsible for negotiating Brexit. You couldn't make this stuff up.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coup-clai...ficial-11447619

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Oh and exit day won't be exit day.

Put the buntings back in the attic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po...461581.html?amp

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
If an anti Irish rant is pointing out small mindedness always hoping for bad things for Britain then so be it. Personally I find it boorish if you have a valid point to make about brexit let's hear it rather than relegating it to the brexiteers do x or y the brexiteers are bad people that's childish. There is no such thing as a brexiteer the British people had a vote and rightly or wrongly they voted to leave the EU. The British government are trying their best to get the best deal not just for Britain but the EU as well. And certainly if Britain tanks after leaving the EU the country that will suffer worst is Ireland which relys on trade with the British mainland especially Ulster where its main trading partner by a country mile is mainland Britain. I simply can't understand why someone can have so much hatred for something so pointless forget William if orange or whoever you are so worked about and try living in the real world

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
If an anti Irish rant is pointing out small mindedness always hoping for bad things for Britain then so be it. Personally I find it boorish if you have a valid point to make about brexit let's hear it rather than relegating it to the brexiteers do x or y the brexiteers are bad people that's childish. There is no such thing as a brexiteer the British people had a vote and rightly or wrongly they voted to leave the EU. The British government are trying their best to get the best deal not just for Britain but the EU as well. And certainly if Britain tanks after leaving the EU the country that will suffer worst is Ireland which relys on trade with the British mainland especially Ulster where its main trading partner by a country mile is mainland Britain. I simply can't understand why someone can have so much hatred for something so pointless forget William if orange or whoever you are so worked about and try living in the real world

The only person bringing up ancient Irish history is you Stan.

Why would I want Brexit to fail, it would be the equivalent of self harming.

However it has descended into farce and today's announcements only add to the pantomime.

It was your own media thst coined the phrase brexiteer so if you don't like it I suggest you write to them.

Finally, do you have any opinion on today's developments or are you going to continue to lecture us on ancient Irish history.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Oh and exit day won't be exit day.

Put the buntings back in the attic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po...461581.html?amp

And here's an example of what I am talking about no opinions of your own no orginal thoughts, no personal judgement or interpretation simply googling for bad news for brexit pasting it and putting his tongue out. Childish and boorish. As I say if you have thoughts of your own shaggy based on your judgement then let's hear them I would be very interested

Page 6 of 174 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion