Liverpool go into this game against Spartak Moscow knowing that they must not repeat how they fell apart away to Sevilla in this competition last month.
Despite a 3-0 advantage at half-time, Liverpool’s second half could only be described as a defensive calamity as they somehow ended up finishing the game 3-3. Visitors Spartak drew 1-1 at home to Maribor on the same night having conceded a late (90+2) sloppy goal.
As a result of crashing at Sevilla, Liverpool still have work to do to be sure of making it into the last 16. Jürgen Klopp’s side will finish as group winners if they beat Spartak or Sevilla fail to win at Maribor and Liverpool pick up just a point. The Reds will qualify if they are defeated providing Sevilla lose. The boss will certainly deploy a strong team for this fixture.
Spartak need to win this game to make the last 16 having come unstuck against Maribor, so neutral supporters could be in for a decent match. Any other outcome for Spartak means that they will drop into the Europa League.
The two sides drew 1-1 when they met earlier in the competition in Russia.
Take a look at the Liverpool v Spartak Moscow betting odds to see what takes your fancy. Liverpool FC’s official betting partner and principal sponsor BetVictor are offering new customers a ‘Bet £10, Get £40’ introductory offer. You can claim that here. Terms & Conditions apply.
BetVictor are also our preferred bookmaker because they offer various weekly promotions and have been known to offer Liverpool FC competitions e.g. match tickets due to their partnership with the Reds. BetVictor also offer the free weekly Golden Goal competition which is typically based on the late Sunday afternoon televised Premier League fixture on Sky Sports with a prize of up to £50,000 available every week!
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 7 Champions League games but 5 of them have ended in draws
- Spartak have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 15 outings in the Champions League
- Spartak have lost 22 of their last 28 Champions League away games (W5 D1)
- Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino has scored 5 goals and provided 2 assists in his 5 Champions League appearances so far this season
- 6 of Roberto Firmino’s 7 goal contributions took place in the first-half
- 3 of Liverpool’s last 4 Champions League goals have been scored from corners
- Liverpool have not reached the last 16 of the Champions League since 2008-09
- Liverpool currently sit in 1st place with 9 points, 1 point ahead of Sevilla. Spartak are 3rd, 3 points behind Liverpool
- Liverpool have made more touches inside the opposition box than any other team (211)
LIVERPOOL’S LAST 6 GAMES
02.12.2017 PR Brighton 1-5 Liverpool
29.11.2017 PR Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool
25.11.2017 PR Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
21.11.2017 CL Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool
18.11.2017 PR Liverpool 3-0 Southampton
04.11.2017 PR West Ham 1-4 Liverpool
SPARTAK’S LAST 6 GAMES
01.12.2017 D1 Arsenal Tula 0-1 Spartak Moscow
27.11.2017 D1 Spartak Moscow 3-1 Zenit
21.11.2017 CL Spartak Moscow 1-1 NK Maribor
18.11.2017 D1 FK Krasnodar 1-4 Spartak Moscow
05.11.2017 D1 Spartak Moscow 3-1 FK Ufa
01.11.2017 CL Sevilla 2-1 Spartak Moscow
Bet on the complete opposite of what we do! Expert pundits we are not but we do like to have a flutter for a bit of fun.
The bookies seem to think that Liverpool will win this game and comfortably. They also expect Liverpool to attack the visitors from the start which means they think there may be goals in the first half.
At the time of writing, Liverpool are 1/5 to win the game with BetVictor while Spartak Moscow are a huge 14/1. The draw is priced at 13/2.
Mohamed Salah is 16/5 to be the first goalscorer but he’s also 4/5 to score at any time. Roberto Firmino is 18/5 to score the first goal and 10/11 to score at any time.