Reports that Leon Goretzka has made a decision about his future have been denied by his agent.
The 22-year-old midfield ace will be out of contract in the summer and will subsequently be available on a free.
He is currently able to sign a pre-contract agreement with a club such as ourselves, which would then see him complete a transfer at the end of the season.
Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp is hoping to add him to his squad, possibly even during the current window for a small fee, but he faces strong competition from a number of Europe’s top clubs.
Bayern Munich are favourites to land him but Goretzka’s agent, Jörg Neubauer, says recent reports that his client has already agreed to sign for the Bundesliga giants are premature and not true.
“When the decision has been made, Leon and I will inform Schalke first of all,” said Neubauer.
Schalke’s sporting director Christian Heidel has also denied the claims.
He said: “Leon has not informed us so far that he has decided to leave us.
“I trust Leon and his agent, with whom I was in contact yesterday (Sunday just gone).”
KOPTALK reported that Goretzka was a confirmed target several months ago and from what we were told yesterday, Liverpool are continuing to try and make a deal happen.
Claims by people on Twitter with too much time on their hands that state a deal has already been agreed with Liverpool should be ignored.
More on this on our members’ website. Please support this fan-owned, fan-run website by becoming a member.