Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp held a pre-match press conference today to discuss our next game against Crystal Palace.
Here are the main points from it that should be of interest to you:
- Klopp: “I like being here but I don’t want to bother people with my presence if we’re not successful. It would be a big honour to stay here for long time. If it’s a long period here then it will have been successful”
- On reported interest in Joe Hart, Klopp: “Usually we don’t talk about things like this. He’s a fantastic goalkeeper but we have highest quality goalkeepers. We have a goalkeeper playing a brilliant season at Huddersfield Town. There is competition here already. Not at the moment and not in the future.”
- Klopp not looking to recruit a goalkeeper in the summer.
- Klopp on Lallana: “Adam is in a good way working with the rehab coach. He should be back in full training next week. Wednesday or Thursday.”
- Danny Ings has started running again but is not close to a return.
- Lucas and Matip have both taken knocks this week. Those two along with Klavan not training at present due to muscle problems.
- Henderson situation “not cool”. He can’t really train at the moment.
- Origi still young. Looking great in training at Melwood.
- Klopp on Sakho: “Mama is a very good defender. He is a strong boy with good tackles and blocks. Having him not involved isn’t the best news for Crystal Palace.”
- Klopp on Benteke: “When balls are in the air he’s the main threat. He has confidence and is on a good run.”
- Klopp: “Joe Gomez could be an option to play at centre-back on Sunday as I’m looking for solutions.”
The press conference will be available to watch in full on the KopTalk Members‘ website shortly.