Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
A lot of the lower league clubs are probably going to go out of business

However quite a few premiership clubs are in heavy losses especially with the lack of TV money clubs like Brighton, Burnley, Norwich and others and are in danger of administration Everton too I understand. Also many of the businessmen / women who fund these medium sized firms are themselves in trouble with their core business struggling to survive

Who knows where we will end up after (if) this is over. But the football we once knew may be entirely different when (if) it restarts

Last edited by Stanley Park; 08/04/20 03:30 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
A lot of the lower league clubs are probably going to go out of business

However quite a few premiership clubs are in heavy losses especially with the lack of TV money clubs like Brighton, Burnley, Norwich and others and are in danger of administration Everton too I understand. Also many of the businessmen / women who fund these medium sized firms are themselves in trouble with their core business struggling to survive

Who knows where we will end up after (if) this is over. But the football we once knew may be entirely different when (if) it restarts

Unless there is a general wage cut of players it will probably be a disaster for a lot of clubs. Regarding TV money, dont think it will be a major problem as games will go ahead rather sooner than later even behind closed doors IMO

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Maybe they could furlough some staff? Just a thought whistle

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
It's going to be a lot different in future. I can see the FA ensuring massive bonds are in place to help should this happen again. The parachute payments to relegated clubs needs to be greatly reduced. Payments everywhere need to be reduced and that includes what we as fans cough up for TV, shirts, tickets and merchandise.

But this has to filter down to lower leagues too in order to support the game nationally.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Staff wages are nowhere near what players earn. For example, Ground and Maintenance staff cost at LFC in 2018 was 66m while players and coaches was 178m. Match day revenue was 80m, so let's say we miss 25%, ie, 20m, 15% players and coaches salary cut would be enough to cover for that loss.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Staff wages are nowhere near what players earn. For example, Ground and Maintenance staff cost at LFC in 2018 was 66m while players and coaches was 178m. Match day revenue was 80m, so let's say we miss 25%, ie, 20m, 15% players and coaches salary cut would be enough to cover for that loss.

I didn't realise staff wages were nowhere near the players at anfield I had always assumed the stewards were on £100k a week.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I didn't realise staff wages were nowhere near the players at anfield I had always assumed the stewards were on £100k a week.

Yes, but some thought that furlough of a few low level employees will save the club wink

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion