KopTalk

Page 52 of 52 < 1 2 50 51 52
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#584383 - 14/11/17 03:47 AM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: LiverbirdLain]
TiredReds Online   content
1st Team Regular

Originally Posted By LiverbirdLain
Well done them, good idea,everyone can go live in London.

Is it very different in other cities like Manchester, Birmingham etc?

Advertisements

#584488 - 14/11/17 08:26 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: TiredReds]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Grimsville
Originally Posted By TiredReds

London is totally different to other British cities I like going there as a tourist hate working there and I would not like to live there although some love it.

#584515 - 15/11/17 04:25 AM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: Stanley Park]
1st Team Regular

Originally Posted By Stanley Park

London is totally different to other British cities I like going there as a tourist hate working there and I would not like to live there although some love it.

I was talking about getting a job after uni, I understand that it is not an issue in London, wanted to know elsewhere.

#584557 - 15/11/17 02:41 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: TiredReds]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Grimsville
Vish employment in the uk is the highest it's ever been in history there are lots of jobs this is partly why the world wants to live here. But it all depends on what your degree is in too many people do degrees that are not in demand in the employment market and end up in huge debt flipping burgers for a living. If you friend has the right qualifications they will be fine either London or Birmingham Manchester I live near Manchester and it's economy is booming they are building everywhere new business parks offices etc Liverpool also but to a much lesser extent

#584563 - 15/11/17 05:23 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: Stanley Park]
1st Team Regular

Vish employment in the uk is the highest it's ever been in history there are lots of jobs this is partly why the world wants to live here. But it all depends on what your degree is in too many people do degrees that are not in demand in the employment market and end up in huge debt flipping burgers for a living. If you friend has the right qualifications they will be fine either London or Birmingham Manchester I live near Manchester and it's economy is booming they are building everywhere new business parks offices etc Liverpool also but to a much lesser extent

As I said, 3 of my relatives got a job just after Uni, this is why I was confused when I read here that young people were not finding jobs after their studies.

#584567 - 15/11/17 05:41 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: TiredReds]
LiverbirdLain Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: VENUS

As I said, 3 of my relatives got a job just after Uni, this is why I was confused when I read here that young people were not finding jobs after their studies.

There's no need to be confused,plenty of people go to UNI then find there are no jobs available in that field,maybe you just don't believe what i said,no point going over and over the question to get the same answer. its as stan said degrees in certain jobs are not in demand,the shame is UNI recruits for students but don't tell them there's slim chances of jobs.
But why would they care, the money is rolling in for the UNI and the youngsters are out of the way for a couple of years for the Government somewhat wasted when they end up flipping burgers.
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

#584568 - 15/11/17 05:51 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: LiverbirdLain]
Barr Offline
Under 18 Player

Loc: Knee deep in clunge

There's no need to be confused,plenty of people go to UNI then find there are no jobs available in that field,maybe you just don't believe what i said,no point going over and over the question to get the same answer. its as stan said degrees in certain jobs are not in demand,the shame is UNI recruits for students but don't tell them there's slim chances of jobs.
But why would they care, the money is rolling in for the UNI and the youngsters are out of the way for a couple of years for the Government somewhat wasted when they end up flipping burgers.

Surely that will be up to the student to find out if the course they want to do has demand, rather than the University. Not sure they’re actually recruiting people for specific courses rather than the Uni as a whole?

A lot of jobs specify just being a graduate rather than in a specific subject too

#584575 - 15/11/17 06:45 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: Barr]
LiverbirdLain Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: VENUS
Yes if you have a passion to study for i think you will be well in the know but some students are not always completely sure about what direction to go in,UNI tends to push students to chose something as it will be good for them.
my family experience is that when they had confusion as to what would be best talking about which topic student debt etc they were told,dont listen to parents and debt,just ignore and go for it.
That wasn't helpul it added to the confusion .when the choice was to leave it and look for work they were basically dumped out the door with no guidance whatsoever.
I have heard similar stories from friends etc so i know it can be a problem.
Good training for real jobs would be best,if only!
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

#584579 - 15/11/17 06:55 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: LiverbirdLain]
1st Team Regular

Yes if you have a passion to study for i think you will be well in the know but some students are not always completely sure about what direction to go in,UNI tends to push students to chose something as it will be good for them.
my family experience is that when they had confusion as to what would be best talking about which topic student debt etc they were told,dont listen to parents and debt,just ignore and go for it.
That wasn't helpul it added to the confusion .when the choice was to leave it and look for work they were basically dumped out the door with no guidance whatsoever.

You mean professional training instead of degrees, that exists as well but any country needs universities as well. People need to take responsibility of their actions and choices and as Barr said, in England you can have a degree in a particular field but get a graduate work in something else. One of my nephews studied history and political sciences and just got a job at Capita, they were just looking for a degree holder. People going for Chartered Accountancy just need to have a first degree, not necessarily in accounting. So all is not bad in England.

#584583 - 15/11/17 07:01 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: LiverbirdLain]
Barr Offline
Under 18 Player

Loc: Knee deep in clunge

Ah, if they’ve actually gone to the Uni to ask then yeah seems wrong they’ve not given any guideance on it.

Page 52 of 52 < 1 2 50 51 52

Shout Box

Advertisements

Latest From KopTalk

Top Posters (30 Days)
sixtiesred 257
Growler 249
wilkij1975 244
TiredReds 169
lumba 126
Stanley Park 96
ecnirp98 95