KopTalk

Page 87 of 87 < 1 2 85 86 87
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#596353 - Yesterday at 08:41 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: EMP]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Originally Posted By EMP
u have no clue about history stan..you tried to convince me that hitler only attacked russia cause the brits stopped him in alamin.. so its you who needs to read history books

The Russian oilfields were a key factor in the decision to invade Russia and losing at el alemen was a factor. Why do you think the Germans were in Libya to get a sun tan?

Advertisements

#596355 - Yesterday at 08:50 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: Stanley Park]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Another correction of Vish,s hollow knowledge of British history that the Americans attacked from the west the Russians from the east and anyone who thinks the British defeated Hitler is delued. Although you would never guess it from "saving private ryan" the British were the biggest force on d day the British and Canadian troops were marginally greater in number than the US and the vast majority of naval force was the Royal Navy and I bet the Royal Air Force was the biggest air power. But it was a team effort and thank god for the brave American Canadian French and many other nations. However Vish (via saving private Ryan?) account of what happened is very wide of the mark. Churchill was also pivotal in the overlord planning with Eisenhower. And let's also not forget the civilian British people's part too. So no Britain did not defeat Hitler alone and we could not have done it alone but we were far from minor players

Edited by Stanley Park (Yesterday at 08:53 PM)

#596363 - Yesterday at 10:10 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: Stanley Park]
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Eire
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By EMP
u have no clue about history stan..you tried to convince me that hitler only attacked russia cause the brits stopped him in alamin.. so its you who needs to read history books

The Russian oilfields were a key factor in the decision to invade Russia and losing at el alemen was a factor. Why do you think the Germans were in Libya to get a sun tan?

See u don't have a clue about history..as i have already explained the nazi's invaded russia a year before el alamin and they were only in africa(with one tank corp) because the italians got a pasting there.. the key decision in invading russia was that was his main priority from the start ..if u read anything about history u would know he didn't want to fight u lot.Thought u had a lot in common, you kinda make me think he had a point.

#596374 - Yesterday at 10:55 PM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: EMP]
Shaggydog Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

See u don't have a clue about history..as i have already explained the nazi's invaded russia a year before el alamin and they were only in africa(with one tank corp) because the italians got a pasting there.. the key decision in invading russia was that was his main priority from the start ..if u read anything about history u would know he didn't want to fight u lot.Thought u had a lot in common, you kinda make me think he had a point.

It was all about lebensraum. Space for Germany to populate and that was always going to be to the east.

If historical time lines don't suit your argument sure just make them up.

#596383 - Today at 12:48 AM Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: EMP]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

It's you that hasn't a clue mr textspeak the Germans and Italians were allies with the Italians being the junior partner the British battered the Italians and the africka core had to support. But why did they Germans send the Italians to Libya there was nothing there but sand might it have been to do with the black gold under the sand ? No idea what Hitler's main priority from the start was (you obviously do) however he clearly wanted to secure oil supplies which was what finished him in the end particularly in Normandy when the fuel heavy German tanks ran out of supplies

#596386 - 3 minutes 41 seconds ago Re: The Brexit Negotiations: What does Britain want? [Re: Stanley Park]
TiredReds Online   content
1st Team Regular

Another correction of Vish,s hollow knowledge of British history that the Americans attacked from the west the Russians from the east and anyone who thinks the British defeated Hitler is delued. Although you would never guess it from "saving private ryan" the British were the biggest force on d day the British and Canadian troops were marginally greater in number than the US and the vast majority of naval force was the Royal Navy and I bet the Royal Air Force was the biggest air power. But it was a team effort and thank god for the brave American Canadian French and many other nations. However Vish (via saving private Ryan?) account of what happened is very wide of the mark. Churchill was also pivotal in the overlord planning with Eisenhower. And let's also not forget the civilian British people's part too. So no Britain did not defeat Hitler alone and we could not have done it alone but we were far from minor players

Never said you were minor players, I said if you thought it was Churchill who defeated the Germans you are deluded. UK being an island is the reason you were not rolled over and without the North Americans, Western Europe would not have been liberated and without Russia Germany wouldn't have lost the war. This is a fact.

Page 87 of 87 < 1 2 85 86 87

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Latest From KopTalk

Top Posters (30 Days)
AmateurHour 516
TiredReds 482
wilkij1975 339
Shaggydog 284
Stanley Park 248
lumba 237