Print Thread
Rate Thread
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
I believe all 4 are linked.

FSG are already refusing to improve any more of Anfield because it will not be profitable if they are not able to increase ticket prices to 77quid.

As they saw by the fan protest, we will not allow that to happen

New players, we simply don't operate on the same playing field as the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Look at our zero net spend in the summer.

And the fact we are having to get by with 2 midfielders in defence.

Klopp isn't going to accept the above and if Bayern Munich comes calling, I would not blame him one bit for talking to them.

And that is what I predict.

In fact I predict the following.

1) We finish 5th or lower
2) Klopp joins Bayern in summer, after they pay 10million in compensation.
3) Coutinho joins Barca for 75million in the summer
4) Gerrard is appointed manager with Kenny D to assist him, to appease us.

You may call those kneejerks, but if we can't beat Bouremouth, after being 3-1 up after 70minutes, well they are hardly a top team are they Bouremouth.

S
Spangles7
Unregistered
Spangles7
Unregistered
S
Hmmmmm people starting to buy in to some of the things I have mentioned quite recently, wonder if he will get the same replies...somehow doubt it...

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By Spangles7
Hmmmmm people starting to buy in to some of the things I have mentioned quite recently, wonder if he will get the same replies...somehow doubt it...

Not really. We just have a few idiotic posters, that's all.

@welsh - why didn't Cech start in goal for us today?

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
A
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
A
Ive been very surprised with us this season and i previously said we would finish 6/7/8 but i think we will get top 4 if we keep playing the way we are but unless we buy in january we wont win the league.

I dont think Klopp will leave just yet but probably in about 2 seasons and it wont be bayern or some other team buying him from us, I think it will because he will walk for all the reasons behind the scenes at the club (i mean at board level).

As far as Couthino I think hes gone already in the summer. Id be very surprised if we keep him. Any offer of 50 million will be accepted by the clubs board. Hes a superstar of a player, and in recent seasons we havent made any huge strides or statements on a consistent basis to say we will reach the top level and stay there to challenge. We are a selling club. We sell our best players. We buy young potential and sell it on and replace it with another young potential. Its what we have always done in recent years.

I think the Bournmouth game is been blown well out of proportion. Yes we messed up but we are still 3rd 4 points off top. I didnt expect us to be there at this point in the season. We've got some great wins this year. Id only start to worry if it was about to go downhill if we didnt beat west ham at home and 1/2 games after.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Klopp doesn't like bayern. He seems an honourable guy. He wouldn't do that to Dortmund. I really don't see why he would leave us so soon either.

It's odd because someone linked him with bayern after we won a few games. Now he loses one. He's linked again?

It's one game. We've been on a role. We were never gonna win every game. We would have taken 3rd place after 14games so let's not over react.

Man city haven't won a game since September.
Man utd are still ....... Mourinhoed
Arsenal will fall away in January. As always

G
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
G
Today defeated has showed us that Henry / fsg need to get players that klopp
Wants without selling our best players and stop this policy of buying potential for the 1st team squad all the time ....

Klopp gives Henry a list of players and Henry gets them,

Not signing them cuzz there wage demands are higher than players Henry has signed with potential is bllx

Think big
Pay big
Win big

A
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
A
Originally Posted By gnp-uk
Wants without selling our best players and stop this policy of buying potential for the 1st team squad all the time ....

Not signing them cuzz there wage demands are higher than players Henry has signed with potential is bllx

Think big
Pay big
Win big

The flip side of it all is could you imagine if they did buy the players klopp wanted, by that i mean 1st choice? Hes helped players like lallana Mane and henderson and turned them into much better players than before.

I think players we were recently interested in are now gone up in value by 15+ million on what they already were. Ter stegen and Hector are gonna be set at a price of at least 25+ million now and I cant see us paying that. I mentioned those 2 because they were 2 players we were strongly linked with who i thought were gonna be brilliant buys for us but it didnt work out.

We dont usually tend to do big business from our end in January but i dont think we have a choice this season given the great opportunity we have this season to finish in the top 4 or possibly higher. Its still early but we definitely need an established GK while Karius can develop more. A LB is the most obvious as well as another CB. I also think we are in need of a top class no9 goalscoring forward. Origi is young and has been improving greatly. Sturridge will more than likely leave because he doesnt suit our style of play and isnt reliable enough. 3/4 players in January and we could do really well this season, completely exceed our expectations.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Ambitious1
Originally Posted By gnp-uk

Think big
Pay big
Win big

The flip side of it all is could you imagine if they did buy the players klopp wanted, by that i mean 1st choice? Hes helped players like lallana Mane and henderson and turned them into much better players than before.

I think players we were recently interested in are now gone up in value by 15+ million on what they already were. Ter stegen and Hector are gonna be set at a price of at least 25+ million now and I cant see us paying that. I mentioned those 2 because they were 2 players we were strongly linked with who i thought were gonna be brilliant buys for us but it didnt work out.

We dont usually tend to do big business from our end in January but i dont think we have a choice this season given the great opportunity we have this season to finish in the top 4 or possibly higher. Its still early but we definitely need an established GK while Karius can develop more. A LB is the most obvious as well as another CB. I also think we are in need of a top class no9 goalscoring forward. Origi is young and has been improving greatly. Sturridge will more than likely leave because he doesnt suit our style of play and isnt reliable enough. 3/4 players in January and we could do really well this season, completely exceed our expectations.

It's not Klopps style to go out and buy big name players, he prefers to bring players in that fit his system and improve them, look at Matip, no one ever mentioned him on here and he has come in and looks a very good player, making the money we have spent on the likes of Lovren/Sakho ridiculous, I am sure Klopp has a list of players he wants, hopefully FSG go and get them for him.

I also think Klopp want's to bring players through, when you look at the bench today he had 3 of the youth players there, so he does not want to block their development, so I expect he will only bring in 1 or 2 key players.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
I believe all 4 are linked.

FSG are already refusing to improve any more of Anfield because it will not be profitable if they are not able to increase ticket prices to 77quid.

As they saw by the fan protest, we will not allow that to happen

New players, we simply don't operate on the same playing field as the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Look at our zero net spend in the summer.

And the fact we are having to get by with 2 midfielders in defence.

Klopp isn't going to accept the above and if Bayern Munich comes calling, I would not blame him one bit for talking to them.

And that is what I predict.

In fact I predict the following.

1) We finish 5th or lower
2) Klopp joins Bayern in summer, after they pay 10million in compensation.
3) Coutinho joins Barca for 75million in the summer
4) Gerrard is appointed manager with Kenny D to assist him, to appease us.

You may call those kneejerks, but if we can't beat Bouremouth, after being 3-1 up after 70minutes, well they are hardly a top team are they Bouremouth.

Kneejerk wouldn't even start to cover it.

First loss in 15 games and you get your knickers in a twist.

Man up and calm down

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion