Unregistered
Spangles
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
Originally Posted By Spangles
Just been thinking about the thread regarding our best player and was wondering when was out last true world class player, not who we liked or thought was good, a player regarded as true world class level like Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Figo Rivaldo e.t.c are we having to go back as far as Rush Souness and Dalglish. I also mean while he played for us not if he left us and went on to become arguably world class like maybe an Alonso...

Suarez was was class with us even before going to Barca, Gerrard was world class for a few seasons, especially the one we won the CL, Keegan was world class, Torres as well, Dlaglish of course

Barnes too

Yes we all agree, except for the 'Stupid One'
ABUSiVE POST REPORTED...

#524316 25/02/16 09:11 AM
P
Prophet
Unregistered
Prophet
Unregistered
P
Didn't even need to tell you that you're the stupid one..you figured it all out on your own - nice.

wilkij1975 #524317 25/02/16 09:13 AM
S
Spangles
Unregistered
Spangles
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
but Lampard and Rooney have got to further stages in the highest level and what's more been more successful in doing it than Gerrard so how can you put him on the same level footing when get has done it only once. So going on your logic your putting Andy Murray on the same level as Roger Federer as Murray won Wimbledon once.

Wrong again. By my reckoning, they've all been to two finals and all won one. Gerrard also did it in a much worse team than the other two and also scored. So again you're wrong and your tennis example is pretty poor.

Oh and you still haven't told me one attribute that Gerard didn't have.
i don't think you are listening to me I said Getrard was the best player I have seen play for us behind Barnes I don't know why you keep talking about Gerrards ability as its never been in question, I have said he never demonstrated that ability at the highest level ENOUGH to be called Worjs Class and put alongside Inniesta, Xavi, Kaka and Zidane who are all a level above him, that answer your question...

#524318 25/02/16 09:25 AM
Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Prophet
Didn't even need to tell you that you're the stupid one..you figured it all out on your own - nice.

laugh

it was getting pretty boring until this

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
#524319 25/02/16 09:32 AM
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
but Lampard and Rooney have got to further stages in the highest level and what's more been more successful in doing it than Gerrard so how can you put him on the same level footing when get has done it only once. So going on your logic your putting Andy Murray on the same level as Roger Federer as Murray won Wimbledon once.

Wrong again. By my reckoning, they've all been to two finals and all won one. Gerrard also did it in a much worse team than the other two and also scored. So again you're wrong and your tennis example is pretty poor.

i don't think you are listening to me I said Getrard was the best player I have seen play for us behind Barnes I don't know why you keep talking about Gerrards ability as its never been in question, I have said he never demonstrated that ability at the highest level ENOUGH to be called Worjs Class and put alongside Inniesta, Xavi, Kaka and Zidane who are all a level above him, that answer your question...

yet still not world class?

Torres65 #524320 25/02/16 09:57 AM
S
Spangles
Unregistered
Spangles
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Torres65

yet still not world class?
has he played on the same level as those players I mentioned in longevity achievement...

#524322 25/02/16 10:32 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Like I've said, I rate a player being world class on their ability and by that reasoning Gerrard was world class. He chose to stay loyal over winning things which has to be respected in this day and age and is the reason he didn't shine at the level you say more often. But I have no doubts that if he had moved, he would've been one of if not the best player at what ever team he went to.

#524324 25/02/16 10:38 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
ABUSiVE POST REPORTED...

Why go reporting people to try and get respected posters booted?

#524325 25/02/16 11:24 AM
S
Spangles
Unregistered
Spangles
Unregistered
S
nope not at all I am just reporting a post I find offensive and it poor taste generally could be aimed at anyone...

#524337 25/02/16 02:20 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
nope not at all I am just reporting a post I find offensive and it poor taste generally could be aimed at anyone...

Of course

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion