KopTalk.com
Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton

Why are people giving me loads about England saying "cant get in squad etc". On ability I walk in the squad, on behaviour i don't... #fact

If Henderson got in, any englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, i wish i was there but im not...

Everyones thinking it ill say it. Liverpool have horrific season and have 6 players in our euro squad. What chance do we have. Pick on form

How Holt, Richards, Carrick, Ferdinand, Osman, Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty...

I really hope England do well and win it, I really do. All am saying is a don't think we will and it pisses me off...

Seriously... this guy. What a complete and utter c*nt. I seriously hope QPR bin him. He's do well to have any other club come near him with a 10 foot pole. Apart from the obvious issues of him being scum of the earth, his level of arrogance and self-promotion is through the roof.
The guy is a complete nobhead. Nobody will take him on in the Prem. I see him ending up with Holloway at Blackpool because he is the only manager mad enough to take him on.
Ah I don't know Bar, I think you could say he has a point there about the players that were picked. I accept he is a very disagreeable type of person and has done some ugly stuff, but he does have a point I feel.
He does have ability I'll give him that,but he is not that good to show such arrogance,I do wonder why some of those players have been overlooked,I'd take sturridge over welbeck certainly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Somebody needs to get the f*ck over themselves... - 09/06/12 04:23 PM
Cant see much wrong with what he's said to be honest.
I agree with annefield & murph,he's disagreable but lets face it a lot of truth in what he says (i mean re: henderson, sturridge, and maybe someothers in his list- i havent seen enough to judge them)
What he says makes perfect sense to me. He is an intelegent man and talented but he is flawed I think he is mentally ill.

But I agree with his commnents factually.
Originally Posted By: Bar
Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton

Why are people giving me loads about England saying "cant get in squad etc". On ability I walk in the squad, on behaviour i don't... #fact

If Henderson got in, any englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, i wish i was there but im not...

Everyones thinking it ill say it. Liverpool have horrific season and have 6 players in our euro squad. What chance do we have. Pick on form

How Holt, Richards, Carrick, Ferdinand, Osman, Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty...

I really hope England do well and win it, I really do. All am saying is a don't think we will and it pisses me off...

Seriously... this guy. What a complete and utter c*nt. I seriously hope QPR bin him. He's do well to have any other club come near him with a 10 foot pole. Apart from the obvious issues of him being scum of the earth, his level of arrogance and self-promotion is through the roof.
who really cares what mr barton says anymore ?
Got to agree, he makes a very valid point and even admits himself that he has an attitude issue which is why hes not in the squad
To be fair he is right in what he said but he still shouldn't have said it, although I doubt he gives a [oops] what he says anymore! Hes finished now as a footballer, only a nutterwould hire him and I feel he just wants to cause as much controversy as he can so he can get a laugh out of it while he still can. I dont even think hes that good myself. He absolutely shouldn't have singled Jordan out like that though. The poor wee fella, we look after our own!!
He has a point about certain things, yeah. To say that though, and especially to name Jordan Henderson personally is the height of disrespect. Although, I think we've seen by now that he doesn't know a single thing about the word 'respect'.

He thinks he's better than he is, both in terms of footballing ability and intellect. He's not all that at either, particularly the latter. Copying and pasting a few philosophers' quotes doesn't make someone intelligent.
sorry but barton has no right to have a go at a young player like henderson , jordan might not be the superstar yet if ever but to tweet about another player who has done nothing to him just sums this joke of a man up , and really would barton be picked no i dont think so he isnt that good and he isnt better than henderson as a player and a person .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Somebody needs to get the f*ck over themselves... - 09/06/12 05:32 PM
If Henderson didnt play for Liverpool we'd all be saying WTF.

Good luck to lad is all I can say.
Originally Posted By: murphs75

and if barton got picked we all would be saying WTF
If I had half the talent Barton thinks he has I'd be England captain by now. What an odious little twunt.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Somebody needs to get the f*ck over themselves... - 09/06/12 05:34 PM
Originally Posted By: fazakerley red 1
sorry but barton has no right to have a go at a young player like henderson , jordan might not be the superstar yet if ever but to tweet about another player who has done nothing to him just sums this joke of a man up , and really would barton be picked no i dont think so he isnt that good and he isnt better than henderson as a player and a person .

What right do any of us?

Message boards all over the country are rife with people sharing their opinions.

Just because Barton is a player doesnt mean he's not allowed to have an opinion.
Originally Posted By: fazakerley red 1

What right do any of us?

Message boards all over the country are rife with people sharing their opinions.

Just because Barton is a player doesnt mean he's not allowed to have an opinion.
he is a fellow pro having a pop at a young player ok who hasnt been great but hasnt done nothing wrong either , just out of order in my opinion from a person who should look closer to home before having a pop at others.
Barton is entitled to his opinion and some points are valid, however he needs to learn some tact when expressing his views and realise he has a lot to learn about disrespecting others abilities when he cant even see the error of his own inadequate ways(dont hold your breath). Thank goodness we didn't go in for him when he was available.
this is the same joey barton jailed for beating people up in lord street liverpool , the same joey barton arrested for affray in garlands last week and now he is having a go at a young liverpool player who has a chance to do his best for england , i really dont understand why people listen to this joke of a man .

He made his England debut when he was still at Sunderland, to be fair.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Somebody needs to get the f*ck over themselves... - 09/06/12 05:50 PM
Lets be honest with ourselves over this.

Henderson is lucky to be in the Liverpool team let alone the England squad.

Barton shared his thoughts about football. Not about how to conduct your life off the pitch.

I think some of you need to take a more grown approach to these comments.
Lets be honest with ourselves over this.

Henderson is lucky to be in the Liverpool team let alone the England squad.

Barton shared his thoughts about football. Not about how to conduct your life off the pitch.

I think some of you need to take a more grown approach to these comments.
i think joey needs to do that before having a go at a young player .
Originally Posted By: LiamH
To be fair he is right in what he said but he still shouldn't have said it, although I doubt he gives a [oops] what he says anymore! Hes finished now as a footballer, only a nutterwould hire him and I feel he just wants to cause as much controversy as he can so he can get a laugh out of it while he still can. I dont even think hes that good myself. He absolutely shouldn't have singled Jordan out like that though. The poor wee fella, we look after our own!!

I agree. He just wants to get some controversy out there and grab some attention by any means neccesary. He's such a little kid.
He's not good enough to get in the England team and no manager in his right mind would take him.

We all agree he has a point about Henderson but it's one thing the average joe commenting on a forum, another for a 'pro' to single a fellow pro out.

I don't think he has much of a point about the players really. I'd have taken the strikers he has over Holt and Sturridge, and Ferdinand exclusion is down to him being a c*ck. I would have taken Carrick over Henderson, though both have had poor seasons.
the only part where barton has made an error is (apart from fact he uses twitter always a major error) is the timing before a tournament when all players should get behind the boss and team.
Barton making himself look a bit wacko like martin sheen (or charlie sheen?)

Rio is equally guilty 2 prize c**ts should both be banned if eligible for england and should not be allowed to play for england, and the fa should look at hefty fines for both
i am not a big england fan , actually in other euros and world cups i have wanted england to lose , but because of the abuse the liverpool lads have got even today martin kelly has got stick for being sick because golden ball rio isnt there and not the lovely mr barton having a go at a young player , and ok not everyones cups of tea roy hodgson the abuse he has had i want and actually think england could do well , just shut up the horrible cockney guttersnipe press and idiots like barton , just because there cockney golden boys harry and rio are not there .
Originally Posted By: Rafarendum
The first part is very funny. On ability he barely walks into the QPR squad, definitely not the Liverpool squad, so he's miles away from the England squad. And anyway, if behaviour was the issue, why is Terry in there?

The second part about Livepool's horrific season, Henderson getting in and some good players being overlooked...he's correct. I think Hodgson has been foolish in several selections.

I don't think Hodgson will suffer for it though. THere's no doubt that England are in the top 8 in europe on ability, and they have one of the easier groups, so quarters shouldn't take much doing, and depending on who they get, semis is very possible. Then people will praise Hodgson despite the fact that he most likely will do a bad job. We'll see.

BAr save yourself some irritation and just ignore whatever that Barton idiot tweets

Probably some wise advice. I usually just snigger at the crap he comes out with, but I felt these comments were horribly disrespectful. Just saw some interesting stats posted by Dale Johnson...

Dale Johnson @dalejohnsonESPN

Joey Barton: �On ability, I walk into the squad." Pass completion 69.7%, ranks him as 304th best player in the Prem and 1408th in Europe.

Pass completion, England midfield: Parker 88.7% Henderson 80.1%, Milner 79% Gerrard 76.7% ..... Joey Barton 69.7%
As much of a nob as this bloke is he is only saying what the players he mentioned will be thinking. It's the same old England always picking the names over who's in form. I really hope England do well but until they start picking in form players then they never will.
How does his comments, at this stage, in any way, help the English cause at the Euros?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Somebody needs to get the f*ck over themselves... - 11/06/12 04:27 AM
Barton's only error here is that he has name the players. As someone else pointed out he should back the squad if he wants England to do well and be a little more tactful but it is Joey Barton and we all know he has some serious issues.

Outside of naming the players I think he's correct in everything he said.
thats twitter for you, in the past a player would have given an interview to a tabloid rag, lets say rio ferdinand wanted to cry about not being picked 30 years ago, it might still have ran as a story but there would be an editor to make sure the right noises went out, with twitter you let barton and other planks think they run the show, when they don't really, just the rubbish they say gos around in an ever continuing twitter circle of sh1t
Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
I remember the days when Shevchenko used to be mentioned in the same breath as me and Messi are now.
© KopTalk Forums