Jota appreciation

Posted by: Snakeye

Jota appreciation - 23/11/20 12:01 AM

What a wonderful signing he has been, became the first player to score in his first 4 home games in clubs history. 9 goals in 12 appearances so far which is a fantastic return. Long may it continue.
Posted by: jim_beam

Re: Jota appreciation - 23/11/20 10:31 AM

Didn't think in a million years he would have this kind of impact. If you watch his performances it doesn't look like any kind of fluke either. Fingers crossed he can keep going.
Posted by: Snakeye

Re: Jota appreciation - 23/11/20 11:18 AM

What impresses me most is his movement without the ball and how he just glides between the defensive lines to get in the right positions. What a player.
Posted by: *** Suso ***

Re: Jota appreciation - 23/11/20 12:49 PM

looks like my predictions of timo being better than jota might have to be revised
Posted by: Shaggydog

Re: Jota appreciation - 23/11/20 04:06 PM

He has been excellent. He has pace, an excellent work rate and knows where the goals are.

A very clever bit of business.
Posted by: Stanley Park

Re: Jota appreciation - 23/11/20 05:38 PM

Its no exaggeration to say he could win us the title this year. He is making a difference as did Salah in his first year. We have Thiago yet and hopefully a centre back in January
Posted by: ecnirp98

Re: Jota appreciation - 23/11/20 06:45 PM

So good to have someone who can replace any of the front 3 without a significant drop off in abilty/goals, will also be able to step in to replace one when they are sold.

He reminds me abit of Ray Houghton, where he gets on the end of things and makes clever runs.
Posted by: Ninja Skrtel

Re: Jota appreciation - 25/11/20 12:41 PM

At the moment it's very questionable whether it is any drop in ability or whether he is actually performing better than some of our starters.

Great signing though for sure. Can't wait to see more of him!
Posted by: ecnirp98

Re: Jota appreciation - 25/11/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By Ninja Skrtel
At the moment it's very questionable whether it is any drop in ability or whether he is actually performing better than some of our starters.

Great signing though for sure. Can't wait to see more of him!

Yeah, I mean in comparison to when we had to bring on the likes of Origi who gave very little goal threat, Origi has had some great moments for us, but I am sure opposition defences do not worry when we take Salah or Mane off to bring on Origi.

We should get to see Jota tonight! I would rest Mane if Salah is back.