KopTalk.com
Posted By: Dunk VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 03:36 PM
Liverpool duo Virgil van Dijk and Thiago Alcantara have gone for scans on suspected knee injuries following today's game.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 03:39 PM
Fearing the worst, both were on the receiving end of career ending tackles.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 04:08 PM
Not looking good at all
Posted By: Oli Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 04:36 PM
Just seems to be getting worse.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 04:37 PM
Great also that we now only have 2 senior cb's left to rely on, and that both are more injury prone than Harry Kewell! frown
Posted By: Snakeye Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 05:39 PM
Bein sports just reported that Vvd will be out between 6 and 8 months. We are fked, we won't win [oops] with Adrian and Gomez in defence. Complete negligence by the club not to sign a CB and a back up goalkeeper that can save a damn ball.
Posted By: The Kop Prophet Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 06:17 PM
We've been over-reliant on VVD and now we're gonna pay for it.
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 06:26 PM
Clearly by the purchas of Jota and Thiago, we were in the position to buy a defender, but we didn't. I honestly don't think Gomez is up to scratch without VvD.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 06:30 PM
I would be surprised if they have released scan results already, usually it is the next day at the earliest.
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I would be surprised if they have released scan results already, usually it is the next day at the earliest.

It's not the NHS, they have private doctors and a medical facility.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 07:18 PM
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Bein sports just reported that Vvd will be out between 6 and 8 months. We are fked, we won't win [oops] with Adrian and Gomez in defence. Complete negligence by the club not to sign a CB and a back up goalkeeper that can save a damn ball.

How would Bein know, they are just speculating
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 07:34 PM
Originally Posted By klopp4kop

But swelling has to go down etc, they usually have scans then next day for injuries like this.

I'd take anything Bein say with Keys & Gray with a pinch of salt, they will be loving this.

Until the club announce it, it is just speculation.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: VVD & Thiago update - 17/10/20 10:10 PM
Latest news is Liverpool are awaiting scan results, I am sure they will know the results before Bein:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo...st-19123107.amp
Posted By: Snakeye Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By klopp4kop

De Jong was on the panel of analysts who is a former Dutch player apparently he contacted Vvd and vvd told him it looks bad.
Posted By: Pickles Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 01:34 AM
They won't be able to give a definitive answer until any swelling goes down, not at least for a few days. We are probably talking about ACL / MCL...from somebody who suffered both at the sametime.
Posted By: ghostgoal Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 09:45 AM
I genuinely hope when we get that shower of blue cunnts back at Anfield someone goes in full speed and two foots Pickford and/or Richarlison in the mouth. Take them out for the rest of the season. Possibly end their career. Honestly, it seems every Derby they try and do this and I�m sick of it. It�s probably why Klopp always played a weakened team against them to avoid this kind of shithouse behaviour. I�m genuinely furious even a day after. Made all the worse by some gobshite blue noses in this city gloating over how they possibly have ended two of our players careers. Furious.
Posted By: RedJohn Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 09:52 AM
VvD out for 6-8 months would all but end our title challenge, unless there's a lot more slip ups this season. No-one looks untouchable to be fair.

My brother tore his ACL knee ligament before and the pain is excruciating.

I had a partial tear and it was more like the way VvD reacted. Swelled up later on/very painful but no immediate pain, just felt wrong. This seems like best case now. With the expertise he'll get, could be as little as 1-2 months.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 10:17 AM
Originally Posted By RedJohn
VvD out for 6-8 months would all but end our title challenge, unless there's a lot more slip ups this season. No-one looks untouchable to be fair.

My brother tore his ACL knee ligament before and the pain is excruciating.

I had a partial tear and it was more like the way VvD reacted. Swelled up later on/very painful but no immediate pain, just felt wrong. This seems like best case now. With the expertise he'll get, could be as little as 1-2 months.

I expected the same, VvD seemed uncomfortable, but they were flexing the knee, he walked off, he didn't need a stretcher/oxygen etc, I remember the OX looked really bad, but it is so hard to check, it needs full tests/scans at hospital.

Hopefully he will be ok but I am expecting bad news.

I am surprised they are saying Thiago could be bad, as he played on till the end of the game?

This will definitely affect our season, but we can still win the PL IMO, we would probably have to move Fab permanently to CB for the season, but we should have enough strength in MF to do that.

The transfer window opens in 2 months, so if it is bad for Vvd and pretty much out the season, we would have to buy a CB if we want to win the PL, it is similar to how City lost LaPorte last season and how it affected them.

It is disgusting how some Bitter fans are gloating over the injuries.
Posted By: Pickles Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 10:55 AM
If VVD is out for months there is no way we win the PL, it's that simple. We wll be fighting to get a Top 4 place and we can also forget about the CL this season.

With Alisson out for a couple of months and we don't know how bad Thiago's injury is, our squad is becoming threadbare on quality.
We are also going to have to rely on Matip and Gomez to keep healthy and fit which as we know is an impossibility.

It really rankles that our squad has been kept at the bare minimum by our ultra frugal owners because they won't pay the commonsense maintenance of a Top team. Relying on luck has always been a dangerous path, well this time that luck has ran out and then some.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 12:12 PM
In our favour none of the opposition (with the exception of city) are up to much. And even City are not what they were. Injuries happen it's the mettle of a manager how we deal with them. I am not throwing the towel in. By the way opposition teams get injuries as well
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 01:58 PM
Batman is in town, we should sign him fast, before the bluenoses
Posted By: Pickles Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 02:03 PM
I'd love to have your optimism Stan however you look through what we have as a squad

Henderson injury prone
Matip injury prone
Gomez injury prone
Keita injury prone
Ox injury prone
Shaqiri injury prone
Fabinho starting to boarder being injury prone

Thiago out, again don't know how long but was injury prone at Bayern - injury prone.

Alisson out for 2 months and has had spells out already for us - injury prone.

Now VVD out for God knows how long with an inury that's likely to beset him for the rest of his playing career if it is an ACL/MCL.

Add COVID into the mix and we are onto the last threads of our lucky underpants!
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 04:32 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
I'd love to have your optimism Stan however you look through what we have as a squad

Henderson injury prone
Matip injury prone
Gomez injury prone
Keita injury prone
Ox injury prone
Shaqiri injury prone
Fabinho starting to boarder being injury prone

Thiago out, again don't know how long but was injury prone at Bayern - injury prone.

Alisson out for 2 months and has had spells out already for us - injury prone.

Now VVD out for God knows how long with an inury that's likely to beset him for the rest of his playing career if it is an ACL/MCL.

Add COVID into the mix and we are onto the last threads of our lucky underpants!

We just couldn't continue to be lucky with injuries of our best players, VVD didnt miss any game last season, so was expected. But as Stan said, all teams have injuries, we definitely benefited from Laporte's injury last season, up to us to show our worth and Klopp/Edward/FSG to show what was his plan if ever VVD was injured.
Posted By: Dunk Re: VVD & Thiago update - 18/10/20 05:10 PM
VVD out for months

http://www.koptalk.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/635814/vvd-out-for-months.html
© KopTalk Forums