20/21 Home kit

Posted by: Snakeye

20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 07:01 AM

I dont like it, new balance made better kits imo, Nike is oversaturated with so many clubs using it. The blood red was much better than this orangey red, it looks like a manchester Utd kit, with weird green borders, the colors just dont work together, real shame as I was planning on ordering it from the official store but not sure anymore.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/fir...w-nike-home-kit
Posted by: EnergisedReds

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By Snakeye
I dont like it, new balance made better kits imo, Nike is oversaturated with so many clubs using it. The blood red was much better than this orangey red, it looks like a manchester Utd kit, with weird green borders, the colors just dont work together, real shame as I was planning on ordering it from the official store but not sure anymore.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/fir...w-nike-home-kit

Yep, looks very ordinary, a downgrade on the current one which I have and is a collector item now as it is the first Champuons kit of this century. I think we had the same last season when we won tge CL, no?
Posted by: Stanley Park

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 11:21 AM

I hear what you are saying about the colour but other than that I like it I like the white cuffs and collar which is more traditional to the kits of yesteryear
Posted by: elimmel

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 12:03 PM

all i can say that it's inline with some of the recent Nike designs....AWFUL!
whoever approved that from the club should have their eyes checked.
Posted by: lumba

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 12:47 PM

Cheap and nasty look,suits you FSG.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 01:25 PM

I have had another look I dont like that tick mark on the chest whats that ? looks very arrogant like saying we are correct ? whereas the new season has not started yet FFS

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 02:46 PM

Apparently there are 2 versions, one genuine for 100 and a 'genuine' replica for 70, wtf, looks like there are no limits to fleece fans. FSG can go and fk themselves, definitely not buying if they dont spend on players, I'll wait and see.
Posted by: ecnirp98

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Apparently there are 2 versions, one genuine for 100 and a 'genuine' replica for 70, wtf, looks like there are no limits to fleece fans. FSG can go and fk themselves, definitely not buying if they dont spend on players, I'll wait and see.

Without selling the shirts, we won't be buying players

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 01/08/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Without selling the shirts, we won't be buying players

We wont buy any players full stop.
Posted by: ghostgoal

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 02/08/20 04:40 AM

Last year and the year before where probably the best kits weve had in about 20 years. The Nike one is generic garbage sold at a premium. The good news is that theyll at least be able to handle distribution and demand. Its just a bit sad that the first kit some people are going to be able to get their hands on in certain countries is, well, a bit crap. Im sure well look on it more fondly if we win stuff in it, but yeah. Its red (mostly), Not the best shade and not liking the teal, but it has liverpool on it so Ill get behind it.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 02/08/20 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By ghostgoal
Last year and the year before where probably the best kits weve had in about 20 years. The Nike one is generic garbage sold at a premium. The good news is that theyll at least be able to handle distribution and demand. Its just a bit sad that the first kit some people are going to be able to get their hands on in certain countries is, well, a bit crap. Im sure well look on it more fondly if we win stuff in it, but yeah. Its red (mostly), Not the best shade and not liking the teal, but it has liverpool on it so Ill get behind it.

But the genuine team kit at 99, dont remember that kind of price. Last year I bought for I think 80, ie, 70.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 02/08/20 12:58 PM

100 in today's economic climate is obscene. However it won't bother me years left in my crown paints top although it is getting a bit tight these days it must have shrunk in the wash

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 02/08/20 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By Stanley Park
100 in today's economic climate is obscene. However it won't bother me years left in my crown paints top although it is getting a bit tight these days it must have shrunk in the wash

It's a choice if you buy one or not, I've only ever bought 1 shirt and that was to get it signed by Carra, Gerrard & Kenny that I have framed.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 02/08/20 01:22 PM

and all made by 12 year old's in China for a few pounds, seems to me Nike have just plonked on the extra 20% LFC make on commission onto the price, so the 55 shirt is now 70.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 02/08/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By ecnirp98

It's a choice if you buy one or not, I've only ever bought 1 shirt and that was to get it signed by Carra, Gerrard & Kenny that I have framed.

I usually buy one at most every 2 years mainly to do my bit helping the club reinforce, but if FSG dont allow Klopp to buy, then I wont be bothered, dont want to fill Mr. Henry's pockets
Posted by: van Gogh

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 02/08/20 09:21 PM

Well we wouldn't let them hike the ticket prices a few years back, so I guess this was another more subtle way of solving that issue. laugh
Posted by: Pickles

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 03/08/20 12:48 AM

I'd sooner scoop my eyeballs out with a rusty fork than buy anything from Nike. LFC jumped in with the devil himself, when they went in partnership with them.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 03/08/20 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By Pickles
I'd sooner scoop my eyeballs out with a rusty fork than buy anything from Nike. LFC jumped in with the devil himself, when they went in partnership with them.

TBF we had lots of problems with NB on getting the kit out/to shops, so I can see why they wanted Nike as they have the global supply chain and offered more percentage of profit, Nike are pretty dodgy with their practices though.
Posted by: Mr Bojangles

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 06/08/20 08:59 AM

I really like the kit. It's like the old 93/94 ? Kit that adidas made.

However. 70 for a 'stadium' top and 99 for a genuine one is bollox.

Dunno how they expect to sell them when it's nearly twice the price of last year's.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 06/08/20 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
I really like the kit. It's like the old 93/94 ? Kit that adidas made.

However. 70 for a 'stadium' top and 99 for a genuine one is bollox.

Dunno how they expect to sell them when it's nearly twice the price of last year's.

They are fking out of their mind to put that price, I am not buying especially as I dont want the money go to repay shareholders loans

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 06/08/20 10:26 AM

Just to confirm I am buying F all

Same as last season and the season before that and that

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 06/08/20 10:29 AM

Just to confirm I am buying F all

Same as last season and the season before that and that

Why not, because of the price?

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 06/08/20 11:27 AM

I was going to purchase it to thank the club for the joy and success it has given us but jesus that is a terrible kit, The price is outrageous as well but I usually don't mind that as I don't buy every season. I am hoping and praying the away kit is something special because I ain't touching that home kit.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 06/08/20 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By Snakeye
I was going to purchase it to thank the club for the joy and success it has given us but jesus that is a terrible kit, The price is outrageous as well but I usually don't mind that as I don't buy every season. I am hoping and praying the away kit is something special because I ain't touching that home kit.

I could have bought (but the price is really outrageous) if the money was being used to buy players instead of paying back shareholders loan

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 13/08/20 04:24 PM

Liverpool's New Nike Away Kit

Looks like Kermit vomit...great for you if your favourite colour is green bile!

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 13/08/20 04:26 PM

Nike taking the pisss out of us.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 13/08/20 04:28 PM

Someone got paid alot of money to design that,colourblind [email protected]

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 13/08/20 04:29 PM

Liverpool's new hyper turquoise??? away kit, Nike says "Takes inspiration from the Shankly Gates and the city's musical heritage".

I call it lazy bullsh#t inspiration...some suit at Nike, googled The City of Liverpool, UK and Liverpool FC and seen The Beatles and pictures of The Shankly Gates!

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 13/08/20 04:31 PM

Is Ringo on the back?

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 13/08/20 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By Pickles
Liverpool's New Nike Away Kit

Looks like Kermit vomit...great for you if your favourite colour is green bile!

Looks awful in the picture. The only one which is acceptable is the grey one leaked

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 13/08/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By lumba
Is Ringo on the back?

Well his does a f.cuking MASSIVE NOSE for $$$$ opportunity!
Remember his Capital of Culture back riding in 08'? on the steps of St.Georges Hall blocking out the sun with his big hooter singing his new song from his new album "Liverpool Hate"...
I mean "Liverpool 8"!

This after he'd been on The Jonathon Ross Show and declared he missed nothing about Liverpool.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 14/08/20 11:31 AM

Disastrous kit, even worse than the home one and that was bad. Thanks for killing my mood Nike, wont buy that [oops].

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 14/08/20 08:15 PM

If i still bought the shirts i'd be sticking with NB,the best looking kits for a long time.

Re: 20/21 Home kit - 15/08/20 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By lumba
If i still bought the shirts i'd be sticking with NB,the best looking kits for a long time.

The picture of the leaked 3rd shirt which is grey is better, not sure if it is genuine. If ever I buy, it will be this one, provided we spend on one good first team player