KopTalk.com
Posted By: wilkij1975 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 04:02 PM
The restart.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 04:24 PM
Will be interested to see which games are moved to a neutral venue? Everton v Liverpool to avoid the crowds gathering outisde Goodison? particularly if that is to win the PL at that stage.

Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Will be interested to see which games are moved to a neutral venue? Everton v Liverpool to avoid the crowds gathering outisde Goodison? particularly if that is to win the PL at that stage.

Neutral venue, is this still on?
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Neutral venue, is this still on?

Only if the police want that:

Home and away matches look most likely for the vast majority of games, BBC Sport understands - with a few high-profile games at neutral venues at the request of the police. A number of clubs have expressed their opposition to the concept of using neutral grounds, including Brighton, West Ham and Crystal Palace.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 08:25 PM
What's the tv situation did I hear you can watch them without subscription I don't have BT or sky but have Amazon prime
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
What's the tv situation did I hear you can watch them without subscription I don't have BT or sky but have Amazon prime

Most on Paid TV, some on BBC free to air:

All matches will take place behind closed doors and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports, BT Sport, BBC Sport or Amazon Prime.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 08:46 PM
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

Most on Paid TV, some on BBC free to air:

All matches will take place behind closed doors and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports, BT Sport, BBC Sport or Amazon Prime.

thanks
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: 17th June it is then! - 28/05/20 11:26 PM
Basically we are going to have 92 games played over 35 days.
25 will be on free to air. PL season to end 25th July.

Time to get the beers in!!!
Posted By: Snakeye Re: 17th June it is then! - 29/05/20 12:00 AM
Can't wait!
Posted By: Pickles Re: 17th June it is then! - 29/05/20 02:01 AM
Seems to be a lot of confusion about Liverpool's remaining home fixtures and where they'll be played. Some media reporting Liverpool's remaining games will be played at neutral venues and some saying that Liverpool home games are unlikely to be played anywhere but Anfield?

It would be quite sh*tty on the players and Staff if they have to play away from Anfield. I understand the worry about fans congregating around Anfield BUT surely something can be done to make the area around the ground a no go zone whilst matches take place?
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: 17th June it is then! - 29/05/20 02:58 AM
Originally Posted By Pickles
Seems to be a lot of confusion about Liverpool's remaining home fixtures and where they'll be played. Some media reporting Liverpool's remaining games will be played at neutral venues and some saying that Liverpool home games are unlikely to be played anywhere but Anfield?

It would be quite sh*tty on the players and Staff if they have to play away from Anfield. I understand the worry about fans congregating around Anfield BUT surely something can be done to make the area around the ground a no go zone whilst matches take place?

They did some stats in germany and playing home doesn't seem to give an advantage without fans. That said, not sure if there were enough games for a statistically meaningful conclusion
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: 17th June it is then! - 29/05/20 09:14 AM
Originally Posted By Pickles

I saw a headline about us playing at neutral venues but was a subscription thing in the telegraph so couldn�t read it. If it�s just about crowds gathering then you could say that for all the teams and was why the neutral ground thing was suggested in the first place.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: 17th June it is then! - 29/05/20 11:26 AM
Police have now advised up to 6 games that they want played at neutral grounds.
Everton v Liverpool
Newcastle v Liverpool
Man City v Liverpool
Man Utd v Sheff Utd
Man City v Newcastle
Plus the game in which Liverpool could win the title.

So many records we could have broken this season will go out of the window. I hope the history books put the asterisk next to a few current records as a result.

The Man U v Sheff U one is interesting. Is it because there are more Sheff U fans in Manchester than Man U fans?
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: 17th June it is then! - 29/05/20 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Police have now advised up to 6 games that they want played at neutral grounds.
Everton v Liverpool
Newcastle v Liverpool
Man City v Liverpool
Man Utd v Sheff Utd
Man City v Newcastle
Plus the game in which Liverpool could win the title.

So many records we could have broken this season will go out of the window. I hope the history books put the asterisk next to a few current records as a result.

The Man U v Sheff U one is interesting. Is it because there are more Sheff U fans in Manchester than Man U fans?

Man Utd v Sheff Utd is an odd one, not a real rivalry as such, Sheffield is pretty close to Manchester (around 40 miles), but not like Sheff Utd have a big hardcore travelling fans like a Newcastle? going to Man Utd is not the big draw it used to be, as the away team will probably beat them anyways lol
© KopTalk Forums