KopTalk.com
Posted By: Dunk LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 09:07 AM
Score predictions?

Let us know what score you think the game will be!

Predicted team selection?

State who you think the boss will deploy.

Your team selection?

Post details of who you'd like to see involved.
Posted By: Dunk Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 09:08 AM
Live on Amazon Prime � Free 30-day trial covering ALL their games

http://www.koptalk.com/how-to-watch-the-premier-league-on-amazon-prime-for-free/
Posted By: Oli Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 04:20 PM
Think we might get stuck and do a 1-1 draw. Same team as Saturday except of course Adrian. Would like to see Shag play instead of Gini and go 4-1 -2 -3. Hendo deep and Ox and Shaq behind the front three.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 06:42 PM
Everton unlucky to lose today, biggest impact on this game could be if Silva gets the sack or not before we play them.

I think Klopp might bring Milner in for Everton, with Fab & Alisson out as leaders, so:

----- Adrian

TAA VVD Lovren Roberston

Henderson Wij Milner

Salah Firmino Mane
Posted By: Metz Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 07:30 PM
Everton played 5-4-1 today and nearly did us a favour, expect the same on Wednesday
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Everton unlucky to lose today, biggest impact on this game could be if Silva gets the sack or not before we play them.

I think Klopp might bring Milner in for Everton, with Fab & Alisson out as leaders, so:

----- Adrian

TAA VVD Lovren Roberston

Henderson Wij Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

Yeah, Klopp probably will setup something like that ecnirp, problem is there's not a lot of goal threat from that midfield, and given that our front players are'nt exactly firing on all cylinders, it's hard to see where the goals are coming from. The blues will likely park a dubble decker and hope to hit us on the breakout.
I think I'd try and Spring a surprise with 4231, and make it harder for their packed defence across the back, to gang up on our front three when we have the ball.
I'd play your four defenders with Hendo and wiji as the pivot, then I'd be able to chose either of Ox Keita or Shaqueri in support of our usual three front players. That should give us an extra bit of firepower we'll likely need, to dismantle their parked bus.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 08:41 PM
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

----- Adrian

TAA VVD Lovren Roberston

Henderson Wij Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

Yeah, Klopp probably will setup something like that ecnirp, problem is there's not a lot of goal threat from that midfield, and given that our front players are'nt exactly firing on all cylinders, it's hard to see where the goals are coming from. The blues will likely park a dubble decker and hope to hit us on the breakout.
I think I'd try and Spring a surprise with 4231, and make it harder for their packed defence across the back, to gang up on our front three when we have the ball.
I'd play your four defenders with Hendo and wiji as the pivot, then I'd be able to chose either of Ox Keita or Shaqueri in support of our usual three front players. That should give us an extra bit of firepower we'll likely need, to dismantle their parked bus.

I agree about the goal threat, I think Klopp always starts by thinking solid in a big game, as he has the front 3, he knows usually if we get the ball to them, they can create something, with them not getting goals ATM, the onus falls on the MF to help out, I thought Ox did well until half time yesterday, so I would be tempted to start with him. I cannot see Keita or Shaq starting, as they have been nowhere near the first team for a while, so in a big derby game, I can't see him risking them, maybe he would bring Keita on with 20 mins to go.

The team I would start with would be with Ox, to give the goal threat from MF and to run past the forwards:

----- Adrian

TAA VVD Lovren Roberston

Henderson Ox Wij

Salah Firmino Mane

If we get a good lead, I would then bring Milner on for Ox to tighten it up.

Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 08:49 PM
The extra day rest will help us here I think. Everton going to be demoralised after last minute defeat at Leicester and then they come to us the kings of the late goal.

It's going to be high tempo for long periods and I think a fast start. Got a feeling Keita might start this one. Everton might try and sit back but single points here and there are going to be useless for them now and they have a run of hard games.

If it's level with 15 to go it's going to be Origi time but I think we will be out of sight by then.

Had a lot of 2-1 lately but I think this is going to be 4-0 and another statement made.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 09:33 PM
So you don't see any possibility of a repeat of our Brighton performance then Acca? I like your positivity, hope it's well founded, we could do with a good thumping win around about now, I feel!
Posted By: van Gogh Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 01/12/19 09:41 PM
Time for a clean sheet maybe?

2-0 it is then! smile
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 06:43 AM
Originally Posted By Dunk
Score predictions?

Let us know what score you think the game will be!

Predicted team selection?

State who you think the boss will deploy.

Your team selection?

Post details of who you'd like to see involved.

It's a home game, so we have to win
Posted By: Snakeye Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 07:31 AM
Originally Posted By van Gogh

2-0 it is then! smile

How dare you! First you want a clean sheet and then predicting a scoreline other than 2-1, don't ruin our streak.
Posted By: Mr Bojangles Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 12:01 PM
Everton didn't care about the game yesterday. It's was an exercise. They played 541 which is the tactic that nullifies press all the time.

Full backs can't get space.

It will be a tough game. Glad Silva is still in charge. A manager change would have given them a boost.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 12:01 PM
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Originally Posted By van Gogh

2-0 it is then! smile

How dare you! First you want a clean sheet and then predicting a scoreline other than 2-1, don't ruin our streak.

You should be glad I didn't opt for 1-2 instead! laugh
Posted By: Pickles Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 12:07 PM
Alan Myers

@ALANMYERSMEDIA

Marco Silva will be in charge of Everton for Wednesday�s Merseyside Derby at Anfield.

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA
Posted By: Pickles Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 12:48 PM
With the derby being the 3rd game in a week I'd imagine Klopp will be looking to give players who've been involved for the full 90 in those prev 2 games some sort of rest.

Candidates for some sort of rest, who played the full 90 mins in both Napoli and Brighton games:

Henderson
Robertson
Mane
Lovren
VVD

Lovren and VVD may have to play the full 90 depending on how it's going on Wednesday.

Going from who we have available and allowing for Klopp's thinking on giving players some rest here's who I'd like us to start on Wednesday:

Adrian

TAA Lovren VVD Milner

Ox Keita Wij

Shaq Bobby Salah

Everton are going to be inevitable and will try and stifle us with as men men behind the ball.

I'd have Salah on his natural left foot, down the left wing because we've seen all too often recently how teams are doubling up on him not allowing him to go inside from the right. It'll throw Everton off from the start having Salah on the opposite flank and it's likely Holgate or Digne will be marshaling Salah and both players have short fuses with disciplinary issues.

I'd go with Ox, Keita and Wij in midfield, all are comfortable on the ball, know how to pass, will get stuck in and will get forward giving us more creativity to break the Everton rearguard down.

I'd also give Shaq his chance from the start because he'll be chomping at the bit to shine and show Klopp he still has a future with us.

We can keep Robbo and Mane on the bench if we need them later on and also look to give either Lovren or VVD a rest at some stage with Gomez taking either of their places.
Posted By: Oli Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 01:30 PM
Without Mane we lack a real bite in attack I think.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
With the derby being the 3rd game in a week I'd imagine Klopp will be looking to give players who've been involved for the full 90 in those prev 2 games some sort of rest.

Candidates for some sort of rest, who played the full 90 mins in both Napoli and Brighton games:

Henderson
Robertson
Mane
Lovren
VVD

Lovren and VVD may have to play the full 90 depending on how it's going on Wednesday.

Going from who we have available and allowing for Klopp's thinking on giving players some rest here's who I'd like us to start on Wednesday:

Adrian

TAA Lovren VVD Milner

Ox Keita Wij

Shaq Bobby Salah

Everton are going to be inevitable and will try and stifle us with as men men behind the ball.

I'd have Salah on his natural left foot, down the left wing because we've seen all too often recently how teams are doubling up on him not allowing him to go inside from the right. It'll throw Everton off from the start having Salah on the opposite flank and it's likely Holgate or Digne will be marshaling Salah and both players have short fuses with disciplinary issues.

I'd go with Ox, Keita and Wij in midfield, all are comfortable on the ball, know how to pass, will get stuck in and will get forward giving us more creativity to break the Everton rearguard down.

I'd also give Shaq his chance from the start because he'll be chomping at the bit to shine and show Klopp he still has a future with us.

We can keep Robbo and Mane on the bench if we need them later on and also look to give either Lovren or VVD a rest at some stage with Gomez taking either of their places.

You want us to lose or what? Mane is by far our best forward, without him we will probably be a mid table team right now, and same can be said about VVD. Finally, Ox and Keita in midfield will make us very vulnerable in defence. If Shaq is to play he should replace Salah not Mane.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 04:38 PM
They're terrible, and we're boss. They're in a relegation scrap, and they haven't beaten us in years. We should demolish them.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By redordead13
They're terrible, and we're boss. They're in a relegation scrap, and they haven't beaten us in years. We should demolish them.

Yeah normally I'd be of a similar mind , but we're far from playing to our potential, we're leaking at the back again, and we're horrendously wasteful up front, so it's hard to be bullish, tbh I'll settle for any kind of win, the three points is paramount.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 02/12/19 08:42 PM

They weren't terrible against Leicester, they were unlucky and they will raise their game against us.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 03/12/19 02:11 AM

They weren't terrible against Leicester, they were unlucky and they will raise their game against us.

If we don't raise our game we won't win
Posted By: Snakeye Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 03/12/19 05:44 AM
This game is always difficult no matter how bad they are, they will be fired up because let's face it this is their biggest game of the season each year. We will be pressed hard all over the pitch so it's about avoiding that press and being ruthless in front of goal. 2-1.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 03/12/19 07:23 AM
I feel for them and their manager. Although their tactics were negative against Leicester the manner of the winning goal was very cruel on them. It may have really knocked them.

On another occasion that sort of defeat might make them angry and help inspire a rebound, aggressive performance in the next game... especially a derby game. But they and their manager have been knocked about so much already this season and they have a nightmare of a fixture list over the next few weeks... capped by yesterday's cup draw. Their confidence and motivation levels could be rock bottom.

We have another great opportunity to build up our form. A solid, attacking performance ideally with some early goals hopefully.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 05/12/19 05:28 PM
Well, interesting selection from Klopp'o, and was he vindicated? Was he what!? Great performance all over the pitch, from a courageous selection by Klopp.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: LIVERPOOL V EVERTON - 05/12/19 05:57 PM
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Well, interesting selection from Klopp'o, and was he vindicated? Was he what!? Great performance all over the pitch, from a courageous selection by Klopp.

And good to see that new front 3 all scoring.
© KopTalk Forums