KopTalk.com
I haven't watched any international football. I find it hard to watch unless it's the finals of a major competition.

I was just wondering if you guys actually enjoy international breaks as I really miss club football and the weekends that surround it.
Originally Posted By Dunk
I haven't watched any international football. I find it hard to watch unless it's the finals of a major competition.

I was just wondering if you guys actually enjoy international breaks as I really miss club football and the weekends that surround it.

I didn't watch any game live and in full
Same LOL
I just can't disassociate myself from despising the likes of Harry Kane and Sterling one week, to having any sort fondness for them on an International break because they're playing for England.
I also hate the fact I'm not looking at scores or performances but who in the Liverpool squad picked up an injury whilst on International duty!
I hate the International breaks more than VAR if that is possible. This is because it creates another issue.

What really annoys me is that they use the break to play women's games at big grounds and then claim record attendances and splash this all over the evening news sports slots.

Last weekend about 5 League One and 3 League Two games were called off due to International call ups. So some football starved fans will go to watch anything to get a fix and when the women are playing at Spurs and you can get in for a tenner (or probably less) it's no wonder 38k turn up. To be fair for many it would have been a cheap day out to see a brand new stadium.

Perhaps we should all go out and watch our local teams or non league teams but at �18 to �20 a pop for League One and not a lot less for National League games it is poor value. Even tier 7 teams charge a fiver. So is it any wonder why the women's game draws so many fans given the opportunity?

Still I would imagine the likes of Ebbsfleet or Hartlepool would easily get into double figures against the top women's teams.

Going back to work on the Monday is depressing without club banter and bragging rights. Even having a go at VAR takes us through to most Tuesdays when CL headlines the midweek matches. But this is just so boring. And we have had 3 of these breaks now.

Between the start of the season and 22nd November we p!ay 12 P games in 107 days. Then between 23rd November and 2nd Jan we play 8 PL games in 41 days. It would have been 9 in 41 days only we have time off, if you can call it that, for the World Club Cup. It is a crazy imbalance.

When the International break comes along I rarely watch any games. I will often choose a film instead or go out shopping. Anything to avoid the drivel to be honest.
Friendles are worse but even qualifiers I maybe check the bbc mobile app to see the results, and I really don't care either way.

I enjoy the Euros/World Cup but I just can bring myself to feel passionate about the England team one bit. Not from a bitter, cliched anti-English perspective, I just don't associate myself with groups in that way. I don't know why Liverpool is different. It doesn't ruin my weekend anymore if they lose because I'm not 15. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's harder to will players on to do well when they're paid and live the lives they do. I suppose weekly competition between friends and co-workers seems more innocent with club rivalries, whereas country vs country seems a bit more sinister.

Something about the national team brings out the idiot in people. Never watch the games in pubs, brings out twice the idiots after a few pints, and the less said about seeing women who shout 'fking come on England' or posting it on FB the better...

I generally support the underdog in bigger events. Means more to the players and their home countries.
internationals are a load of crap and wish they were sent to room 101
I�m not against the qualifiers and like watching the tournaments but all the friendliest are pointless. Why do we need an international friendly two weeks into the season?
I only watch England in the actual competitions then I am keen. But qualifiers and friendlies I would rather watch east Enders and I hate that

But

I do like the break from premiership for a breather so in that sense yes I like them
I get tired of all the whingers. International football has its place and plays a crucial role in player development and aspiration. Players like VVD are better because they've achieved international captaincy success. It's a key motivation that drives club form. We all love summer tournaments (despite not admitting it publicly) so the qualification games are necessary. It also gives us a chance to see what players like Sancho (whom we are reportedly interested in) can do when playing with our players like Hendo, Gomez, and TAA. Yes, international week injuries can be a downer but the positives outweigh the negatives. It also gives Klopp and co a chance to assess their non-international players more closely in training. If you don't like the qualifying games - don't watch them and take a break - go on a hike or take your wife out to a play or something. Stop complaining like little biatches. Lastly, internationals are important for us British citizens that live and work abroad. Just because you lot back there have wrecked the country - doesn't mean some of us don't have a bit of pride left.

Now... have at me!
I read a book.
Originally Posted By lumba
I read a book.

Just one???
Of course not KP,i've read the complete collection of Mr Men books.
Originally Posted By lumba
Of course not KP,i've read the complete collection of Mr Men books.

Mr. Busy must be your fave!
Or Mr. International.

And decided to read a book instead.
Don't be a Mr Silly KP.
Hate international breaks, but I enjoy the tournaments like Euro's & World Cup.
© KopTalk Forums