KopTalk.com
Posted By: Stanley Park Why not do this ? - 31/10/19 12:32 PM
I hear on the wireless Liverpool might forfeit the league cup quarter final because of fixtures especially the World Cup thingy

I say WTF ?

For gods sake play the young kids yes they will get beat but so what ? It will give them valuable experience at the top level. Any fans wanting to travel to the game will know in advance of the situation.

Is there a rule we can't do this obvious thing ?
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Why not do this ? - 31/10/19 01:29 PM
I agree, Stan!

In fact, why don't the FA just make a rule that say top 10 teams in the PL can't play more than 4 senior players at the same time on the pitch. That way the lower PL sides and the Championship sides will have a bigger chance of winning some silverware.

We all know those domestic cups are inferior to the top clubs anyway, so why not go all the way and make the best out of an impossible situation?

Meanwhile, just send the reserve coach (Lijnders?) together with a second string to that quarter final game against Villa!

Sorted!
Posted By: redordead13 Re: Why not do this ? - 31/10/19 02:37 PM
Klopp is playing hardball to get it moved. We'll play. Watch.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Why not do this ? - 31/10/19 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By van Gogh
I agree, Stan!

In fact, why don't the FA just make a rule that say top 10 teams in the PL can't play more than 4 senior players at the same time on the pitch. That way the lower PL sides and the Championship sides will have a bigger chance of winning some silverware.

We all know those domestic cups are inferior to the top clubs anyway, so why not go all the way and make the best out of an impossible situation?

Meanwhile, just send the reserve coach (Lijnders?) together with a second string to that quarter final game against Villa!

Sorted!

Nonsense, why should the FA choose which players to play, it's up to the club and their objectives/ambition/plans. There are other tournaments for junior players, under 23, under 18 etc.
Posted By: The Kop Prophet Re: Why not do this ? - 31/10/19 03:33 PM
They are already talking about rescheduling the game - calm down Stan old chap.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Why not do this ? - 31/10/19 08:28 PM
The only logical dates to play it would be somewhere in between the International break. We play City on the 10th then Palace on 23rd, in between is the Euro's Qualifying with a lot of it almost decided. The likes of England play on the 14th & 17th, I'm sure teams who have very little to play for (Robbo / Scotland) would allow them to miss the latter fixture? I'd suggest Mon 18th November that way it gives us ample time for recuperation. Villa don't play their PL fixture until the following Monday 25th November.

The 1st leg Semi-Finals for the Carrabao Cup are scheduled for 6th January so there really is no other time in our schedule to arrange for the Quarter Final.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Why not do this ? - 01/11/19 02:01 AM
Originally Posted By Pickles
The only logical dates to play it would be somewhere in between the International break. We play City on the 10th then Palace on 23rd, in between is the Euro's Qualifying with a lot of it almost decided. The likes of England play on the 14th & 17th, I'm sure teams who have very little to play for (Robbo / Scotland) would allow them to miss the latter fixture? I'd suggest Mon 18th November that way it gives us ample time for recuperation. Villa don't play their PL fixture until the following Monday 25th November.

The 1st leg Semi-Finals for the Carrabao Cup are scheduled for 6th January so there really is no other time in our schedule to arrange for the Quarter Final.

You are assuming that no LFC and Villa players will be travelling to their country games, I don't even think the FA is allowed to put a game so close after the international break. I think it will be played the 6th of Jan and the semi will be postponed.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Why not do this ? - 02/11/19 08:05 AM
er� this is a bit of a no brainer for me. We've drawn Villa away in the QF game that's causing a fixture scheduling issue... but by pure coincidence we're already scheduled to play Villa away in the league today.

So why not just make this game doubly important? Winner takes all... 3 points and a place in the SF. Job done.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Why not do this ? - 02/11/19 02:27 PM
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
er� this is a bit of a no brainer for me. We've drawn Villa away in the QF game that's causing a fixture scheduling issue... but by pure coincidence we're already scheduled to play Villa away in the league today.

So why not just make this game doubly important? Winner takes all... 3 points and a place in the SF. Job done.

or have a penalty shootout at the end of the PL game for the Cup game result.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Why not do this ? - 02/11/19 03:01 PM
laugh

Or just make a lottery of it.
© KopTalk Forums