KopTalk.com
Posted By: Stanley Park Thoughts on Adrian - 22/09/19 07:02 PM
Not a world beater but better second keeper than migs or karius wouldn't you say ?
Posted By: ghostgoal Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 22/09/19 07:13 PM
He�s a very good, premier league quality keeper. Something we sadly haven�t had in awhile. Karius and mignolet are awful. We�ve become accustomed to awful over the years, until Allison. A welcome change.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 22/09/19 07:21 PM
Our best signing of the summer ....
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 22/09/19 09:06 PM
Apart from distribution and coming off the line for crosses he is at least in the same ball park as Allison.

A welcome shift upwards compared to the 2 duds we previously had as N:o 1 and 2.

He's done tremendiously well since coming in. I haven't even missed Allison that much, come to think of it.
Posted By: Derek Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 22/09/19 10:34 PM
Saved us at least twice today. Have to say he's surprised me at how quick he's settled.... Probably jinxed him now.
Posted By: AngryAsianRed Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 02:53 AM
i dont think any of the goals we have conceded this season (so far) has been his fault
Posted By: Liverotto Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 06:40 AM
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
i dont think any of the goals we have conceded this season (so far) has been his fault

I would say at least one goal conceded is his fault.

P.S. I think he is very good as a cover.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 06:41 AM
It was a cynical move by FSG to make a few more UID. Get rid of Migs for peanuts and get a West Ham reject!? Terrible, terrible business from FSG whistle
Posted By: Pickles Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 08:24 AM
I'm not getting carried away on this euphoria for a Keeper who did what he is paid to do. I remember the Southampton howler that made a fairly comfortable stroll almost intolerable for the last 10 mins. Adrian has been in the role for little more than a month or so and making comparisons of him with Mignolet and Karius is a little naive. Hopefully Alisson is back soon because our backline does seem that more fragile at the moment with only 1 clean sheet in 6 PL games.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 10:52 AM
He�s made one big mistake in 6 or 7 games so that makes him better than the other two in my eyes. How you after all the muck you threw at Karius can suggest he�s no better than him is a bit laughable too. And Alison also made a cock up in his first month or so.

Anyway, I don�t think anyone is suggesting he�s up there with the best around. But he seems a much safer pair of hands than the other two and for a second choice keeper that�s all we can ask for. I feel a whole lot more comfortable with him than I would Migs or Karius.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 11:29 AM
He's seems ok to me and when he comes in for Alyson I am comfortable

Unlike migs and especially karius
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 11:52 AM
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Not a world beater but better second keeper than migs or karius wouldn't you say ?

Agree, he looks better than both, not much to complain. Alisson is probably more comfortable with his footwork
Posted By: Andred Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 01:17 PM
Upgrade on Minger and cantKarimuch, done really well so far. Great back up, shrewd business !
Posted By: Markhutch1 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 01:37 PM
Karius has been paid for his mistakes .....I mean, he has paid for his
mistakes.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 02:32 PM
The true test for Adrian will be when he's got a mixture of backup players and kids in front of him in the domestic cup comps and if he is able to keep us in those comps beyond xmas!
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
The true test for Adrian will be when he's got a mixture of backup players and kids in front of him in the domestic cup comps and if he is able to keep us in those comps beyond xmas!

Don't think even Alisson got this kind of a test, it was Mignolet who was playing in the cups when we had backup players and kids.
Posted By: Derek Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 05:15 PM
It'd be good to see Kelleher playing on Wednesday, he is our 2nd choice right now after all.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 23/09/19 07:28 PM
I don't fear him being in goal, unlike some of the GK we have had in the last few years.
Posted By: The Kop Prophet Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 24/09/19 12:17 AM
Despite the naysayers - he's done really well. He's proven what a shot-stopper he is - making some world class saves - but the most impressive thing is that you can see he's worked on his distribution, which has got better each game.
Posted By: Markhutch1 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 24/09/19 12:24 AM
I think youve made your feelings clear about Adrian on shout box.
Posted By: The Kop Prophet Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 24/09/19 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By Markhutch1
I think youve made your feelings clear about Adrian on shout box.

Yes, that was in his first couple of games when the koptalk doomers jumped on him.... turns out I was right.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 24/09/19 06:23 AM
Doomers? On koptalk? Never! Just wait until we do t win a game.
Posted By: The Kop Prophet Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 24/09/19 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Doomers? On koptalk? Never! Just wait until we do t win a game.

That's funny. I was on the shoutbox for the game the other day. We were up 2-0 and cruising and I was talking to myself for most of the game. As soon as we conceded and started looking like we might give up an equaliser - they showed up in force - just waiting for us to fail. It was astonishing....
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Thoughts on Adrian - 24/09/19 04:15 PM
Yep. We�ll see all the familiars telling us who we should�ve bought and how bad FSG are. I get that there maybe more to discuss when we lose but it�s pretty sad we can�t talk about the good as much as the bad.
© KopTalk Forums