FA Cup

Posted by: ecnirp98

FA Cup - 03/12/18 08:53 PM

We got Wolves away, won't be an easy tie and not one we can play the reserves if we want to progress.....
Posted by: Stanley Park

Re: FA Cup - 03/12/18 08:57 PM

We could have done without that I think we will beat them but might go to replay
Posted by: ecnirp98

Re: FA Cup - 03/12/18 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By Stanley Park
We could have done without that I think we will beat them but might go to replay

Yeah, was hoping for a lower league team at Anfield, so we can give some of the reserves like Solanke a run out, we will need to play a strong team to get a result away at Wolves.
Posted by: Oli

Re: FA Cup - 03/12/18 10:19 PM

We need to get through that is for sure.
Posted by: van Gogh

Re: FA Cup - 04/12/18 12:17 AM

And only a few days after our away trip to Etihad too.

Timing of the game and the opponent not ideal. All the other top teams got relatively easy games too.
Posted by: EnergisedReds

Re: FA Cup - 04/12/18 03:04 AM

We haven't been very lucky in the cup competitions this season, unlike the league. We will not be able to play the first team after the busy schedule, but it will be the same for them. Our bench must show their worth else we'll be kicked out.
Posted by: Snakeye

Re: FA Cup - 04/12/18 05:42 AM

We need to progress and try to win this competition as we failed in the other one. There is no excuse to play reserve sides as we have less games now. If klopp wants to end his trophy draught this is the easiest one to win out of the 3.

Re: FA Cup - 04/12/18 07:34 AM

Less games than what?

We might also be in the Europa League by the time we play Wolves, and we have just ended the busy Christmas period with a big bang at Etihad.

I simply can't see us play a full strength starting XI in this game.
Posted by: EnergisedReds

Re: FA Cup - 04/12/18 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By van Gogh
Less games than what?

We might also be in the Europa League by the time we play Wolves, and we have just ended the busy Christmas period with a big bang at Etihad.

I simply can't see us play a full strength starting XI in this game.

Agree
Posted by: lumba

Re: FA Cup - 04/12/18 06:16 PM

League has to take priority,i'm sure a few won't agree but i think we have enough in the squad to keep everyone happy.

Re: FA Cup - 04/12/18 11:32 PM

Indeed!

Wolves will have to rotate too, or we'll punish them anyway!
Posted by: Hercules/AF 58

Re: FA Cup - 05/12/18 02:05 PM

I've got no concerns about the Cup at all, my tea leaves assured me at the beginning of the season that we going to win the cup in two-nineteen! My only concern is they also assured me that we' also win the title, which worry so me a little. However having said that, they never said we'd run away with it, so we'll probably leave it till the last day of the season, but I'll take that...
Posted by: Shaggydog

Re: FA Cup - 06/12/18 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
I've got no concerns about the Cup at all, my tea leaves assured me at the beginning of the season that we going to win the cup in two-nineteen! My only concern is they also assured me that we' also win the title, which worry so me a little. However having said that, they never said we'd run away with it, so we'll probably leave it till the last day of the season, but I'll take that...

I get a much better reading from teabags here.

Re: FA Cup - 06/12/18 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

I get a much better reading from teabags here.

I was afraid of that Shaggy, as I fear I may have inadvertently mixed competing brands and varieties, all of which have conflicting agendas and priorities. Consequently I fear the original prognosis may have become contaminated and therefore unreliable. I'm contemplating a complete rerun here, what brand are you using at the moment? Or is that a closely guarded secret?
Posted by: chesterville

Re: FA Cup - 07/12/18 08:57 AM

I am tired of excuses like "oh our lads were at the world cup and they are tired" or " our lads were playing extra matches in international games and they are tired", or "we have so many matches in a short period of time"...

Citeh, The Arse and the rest and the foreign geezers seem to cope quite nicely. So how about we man-up and seriously try and win the FA Cup?

Add that to second in the League and maybe a decent run in the Champions League.

Its better than nowt!
Posted by: lumba

Re: FA Cup - 07/12/18 06:09 PM

You settled for 2nd already C?
Posted by: chesterville

Re: FA Cup - 07/12/18 11:05 PM

If Jurgen can decide on a regular first 11 that includes all of the upgraded midfielders and can get the side playing at a decent pace, we might be in a with a shout at the league title.

Re: FA Cup - 08/12/18 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By chesterville
If Jurgen can decide on a regular first 11 that includes all of the upgraded midfielders and can get the side playing at a decent pace, we might be in a with a shout at the league title.

I thought we looked much better against Bournemouth today, and Salah getting a hat trick should help no end. Wonder if Chelsea can do us a major favour later on today? That would help no end as well!!