KopTalk.com
Posted By: Dunk Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 14/11/18 02:17 PM
Anfield officials are playing down our reported interest in him.

Do you believe them?
Posted By: Pickles Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 14/11/18 04:20 PM
Story came from The S#n, I wouldn't be surprised if their follow up is some sh#t stirring regarding Firmino, Mane or Salah going in the opposite direction!

Dembele for such a young age, already carries baggage and has shown to be temperamental...I'd be amazed if Klopp is interested and at the reported 85m he is far from the finished article unlike Alisson and Van Djik. I call Bullsh#t on this!
Posted By: Dunk Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 14/11/18 05:32 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
Story came from The S#n ..

I don't know which report you are referring to but the Ousmane Demb�l� speculation has been ongoing for months and doesn't originate from there. Today's reports are fresh from Spain which include coverage from The Echo smile

You may also recall Klopp commenting on such reports earlier in the year.

Would he be welcomed though if there was a chance of his signature?
Posted By: Derek Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 14/11/18 06:17 PM
Weren't we trying to get him on loan originally? Seems to be having a tough time at Barcelona still, wonder what that's about.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 14/11/18 08:08 PM
I can't see us spending �85 million in January and I can't see Barca letting him go on loan, so can't see this happening.
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 14/11/18 10:15 PM
too expensive, and he's a troubler maker. Should go for Isco, he's getting sidelined by MAdrid these days.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/11/18 03:13 AM
He is not worth his price tag. Van dijk was worth it, Alisson was too but I would rather we spend on a pure no9 to give us something different to play around with.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/11/18 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By Snakeye
He is not worth his price tag. Van dijk was worth it, Alisson was too but I would rather we spend on a pure no9 to give us something different to play around with.

I really think we should have bought Aubameyang.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/11/18 10:53 AM
Dembele's a much touted player, good PR job being done I'd think, I haven't seen much of him to be honest, so I'm pretty neutral if we sign him or not, but the talk of him being a troublesome character, wouldn't endear him to Klopp, if true. Anyway we still haven't replaced what we lost by selling Coutinho, though Shaqueri, while being a very different player is showing some creativity and goal threat, so who knows we mightn't need to take a risk on a Dembele type player after all.
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/11/18 02:57 PM
I agree with Hercules, it's a PR job done to raise the price of Dembele.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/11/18 03:22 PM
France Boss Didier Deschamps Hints at Ousmane Dembele Attitude Problem After Controversial Weekend

By Chris Deeley 13 NOV 2018

France manager Didier Deschamps has stuck the boot into Ousmane Dembele in a tough week for the Barcelona forward, insisting that the youngster must become more professional to forge a career at the highest level.

Dembele was left out of Barca's squad to face Real Betis this weekend after missing training with a 'stomach bug', failing to inform the club that he was feeling unwell, before training alone on Friday.

Ernesto Valverde insisted that he did not leave ​Dembele out of his matchday squad for Sunday's dramatic 4-3 defeat to Quique Setien's Betis to make a point, but France manager Deschamps hinted in a press conference on Monday that the 21-year-old's behaviour has been sub-par for some time.

Quoted by ​ESPN, he said: "Ousmane has been with us for a while. That's his usual trick to be late, although in his defence I'm sure he'll say: 'I'm not the only one.' Whether he's at a big club like Barcelona, with the French national team or somewhere else, he has to pay attention to that. It's part of the life and requirements of a professional footballer.

"He must improve to prevent it from becoming negative. These are situations that [have been] repeated. The sooner he understands that, the better for everyone."

Dembele's complaints of a 'stomach bug' bring to mind comments made a few years ago by ​Barca legend Xavi, who said: �In football circles, complaining of having a �stomach bug� sounds like an excuse. It usually means there�s something else going on. When you hear someone has gastroenteritis you immediately think, there�s more to it that that."

https://www.90min.com/posts/6221564-fran...mp;view_medium=[ousmane-dembele]
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 18/11/18 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
I agree with Hercules, it's a PR job done to raise the price of Dembele.

Or not take a massive hit on his pricetag. Didn't they pay something like �135m for him?

Perhaps we should offer a cheeky loan deal with option to buy at �50m plus Moreno.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 20/11/18 01:57 PM
�Especially from Liverpool� � Big transfer to PL lined up, Klopp waiting � �seems designed� for player

By Sport Witness Team - 19th November 2018

Another day, another Ousmane Dembele article from the Catalan media.

The player�s reported attitude problems have been a constant story over the past few weeks and it�s bringing question marks around his future, as Sport cover on Monday.

A potential transfer has been discussed at several periods since Dembele moved from Borussia Dortmund, and whilst it�s been ruled out previously the story just keeps coming back.

The Frenchman moving in January is largely ruled out, but his situation at Barcelona is described as �particularly delicate�. Whilst there�s said to be no doubt at the club about his football potential, there�s growing doubt over whether he�s prepared to commit himself enough to reach the highest level.

Should a sale be decided upon, then Sport say Dembele �has a market� especially in the Premier League� Especially from Liverpool�.

Jurgen Klopp is presented as interested, and whilst Thomas Tuchel and PSG get a mention, it�s stated a move to England �seems designed� for the player and his attributes.

Liverpool are the English club to be linked most at the moment, taking over from Arsenal.

Elsewhere in their Monday paper, Sport take a look at just what the problem with Dembele�s attitude is.

It�s explained the footballer lives in Barcelona along with some childhood friends, and they stay locked up in his house.

When he missed training recently, he was �untraceable for more than an hour� before the club managed to get through on the telephone to find out his was sick with gastroenteritis.

A doctor was soon sent, and Sport say all the blinds were shut and the door was answered by one of Dembele�s friends.

The newspaper adds that the person who opened the door was �One of the few who was awake. And what the doctor found in the halls of the house of Dembele, before seeing the player, was several young people sleeping around the house when it was almost twelve noon. Dembele, who was the last to wake up, attended to the doctor and explained his feelings. His stomach hurt, but it seems that the doctor could not certify anything out of the ordinary in the French striker�s health. Of course, he recommended that he stay in bed.�

Sport finish their article by saying: �Ousmane must change his life, focus more on Barcelona, ​​his work, live like a professional and put aside, even for a while, his games with friends on the PlayStation.�

http://sportwitness.co.uk/especially-liv...esigned-player/

I hope Klopp is not thinking about bidding for Dembele, he could be another Balotelli.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 20/11/18 11:57 PM
Shame, he has great ability, one thing Klopp & the transfer team do is check a player and their suitability for the team, so if these reports are correct, I cannot see us ever going for him.
Posted By: AccaBoosty Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 21/11/18 12:00 PM
I wonder if we had a choice between him and Pulisic which one Klopp would go for?

And how many of us given the choice would have us sell one of the front 3 and sign both of them?
Posted By: Pickles Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 21/11/18 01:46 PM
Pulisic as it stands would not get into our 1st eleven players he's being kept out the Dortmund team by Jadon Sancho who has been immense for Dortmund so far this season. By the time Pulisic is likely to be introduced we'll have the likes of Ox back and Keita more in tune with the team, so Pulisic's opportunities with us will be limited. If we spend it needs to be on a CF to challenge Bobby. Dembele is a definite NO at the muted price because he is a liability we cannot afford!

The lad from Roma - Schick would be my choice, he's going to be a top, top player in a season or 2. We'd likely get him for half the price of Dembele and he would be very good cover for Bobby.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 21/11/18 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
Pulisic as it stands would not get into our 1st eleven players he's being kept out the Dortmund team by Jadon Sancho who has been immense for Dortmund so far this season. By the time Pulisic is likely to be introduced we'll have the likes of Ox back and Keita more in tune with the team, so Pulisic's opportunities with us will be limited. If we spend it needs to be on a CF to challenge Bobby. Dembele is a definite NO at the muted price because he is a liability we cannot afford!

The lad from Roma - Schick would be my choice, he's going to be a top, top player in a season or 2. We'd likely get him for half the price of Dembele and he would be very good cover for Bobby.

I think Klopp would buy Pulisic if he gets the chance, he has been quite open about how much he likes him, very similar to how he spoke about VvD, I remember Klopp gushing about him when he scored against us in pre-season.

I agree we need to have decent alternatives to Bobby, but I don't see Klopp buying an out and out striker, I see him buying another Mane/Salah type, who can move around the front line and interplay. We also have Solanke & Brewster who I think Klopp will use for the role of a striker if needed.
Posted By: Pickles Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 14/12/18 10:08 PM
The Ousmane Dembele Show continues at Barcelona but the team back their young talent

Sid Lowe ESPN Spain writer

"You win the derby well, 4-0. Sunday comes, the sun is shining and you think it's going to be a relaxing, easy day, but... the truth is, you don't expect things like that to happen but, well, what you gonna do?"

Put him back in the team, of course.

Ousmane Dembele did it again. Both its. On Saturday night, he scored a wonderful goal as Barcelona beat Espanyol 4-0. On Sunday morning, he was late to training. Two hours late, in fact. Which is not so much late as not showing up at all; it's turning up as the rest are heading home with their work done, getting there just in time to ask how it went. No wonder he was all they were talking about on Monday.

They were still talking about him the night after that. And the day after that, and the day after that. No wonder there, either.

More than half the questions posed to Ernesto Valverde in his pre-match news conference before the Spurs game were about Dembele. What are you gonna do? He had left the Frenchman out of the team against Real Betis for being late; this time, he left just about everyone else out of the
team against Spurs but put him in. There was no Luis Suarez, no Jordi Alba, no Gerard Pique, no Sergio Busquets and no Arturo Vidal, at least not from the start. There was no Marc-Andre ter-Stegen, either. And, of course, no Lionel Messi.

Dembele was there but as the Camp Nou started to fill up, and as Mauricio Pochettino, interviewed before the game, couldn't stifle a giggle, you wondered if that was as much punishment than reward: another penance to go with the �100,000 he'd been fined and the going-over his teammates had given him. Seven minutes in, it felt like something else. Football. Or redemption, the oldest story in sport. He'd apologised on Monday but it was one thing to say he was sorry, another to show it.

Dembele was inside his own area when he set off, following Munir's header out of the area and Moussa Sissoko's header back toward Kyle Walker-Peters. Suddenly, he shifted. He'd seen something: weakness, an opportunity. He took the ball from the full-back, turning left then right again. And then... whoosh. The acceleration was breathtaking; it took Walker-Peters' hip too. The defender turned, momentarily stuck as if his weight was in the wrong place, helplessly watching as Dembele was gone, flying off.

Harry Winks flew too, taking off and unable to stop, going straight past like a cartoon character off a cliff as Dembele put the breaks on, stopping as swiftly as he had started, turning and cutting back inside. And that was where he scored, with his seventh touch. Spurs' free kick had been in a dangerous position. When Christian Eriksen's delivery fell short, that danger changed sides but only because Dembele was there. It had taken 13 seconds and he had travelled 87 metres. "Science fiction," Sport called it.

"He's one-footed," Jorge Valdano commented. "The thing is, we don't yet know which foot it is."

One headline read, in French: "Oh Mon Dieu." The devil had become a deity.

Dembele ran to the touchline tapping at his head, a parody perhaps of a man trying to get an idea into his brain? A young talent, told to think about it. That afternoon reports claimed that the club captains had laid into him; now teammates leapt onto him. Think about it? Think about this. They had, and often: talent changes the boundaries and levels of acceptance. Amid all the debate, one thing has not been doubted: his talent.

Valverde had referred to the "Dembele Series," an ongoing drama with a new episode every day. The stories had been many, off the pitch. So, though, had the stories on it and this was the best of them all. So, the temptation and desire was there for cracking the same easy joke: "Ah forget it, you train when you want, pal."

This isn't really the point, but there's something seductive about those that break the mould and don't seem to conform. Especially if they perform. Magico Gonzalez oversleeping and missing the first half, arriving at the break, the team 2-0 down, and going on to lead his team to a 3-2 win. Or so it goes. Like Romario admitting (years later, it is true) that he wasn't likely to watch his son train: "I don't think I'll go to his training sessions. I mean, I didn't even go to my own." Or Ronaldo grinning: "relax, presi, I'll score you two goals" -- and then scoring two goals.

Sport called Dembele a "blessed rebel" while others saw a breakthrough. "He's a great now," El Mundo Deportivo claimed, describing him as having "taken off" -- its editor, Santi Nolla, called this Dembele's "awakening." Sport cheered "at last, the best Dembele!"

But it was not -- not really. It wasn't really an awakening, nor an "at last." Dembele was already doing this. He had already scored five decisive, result-changing goals for Barcelona. Now he'd opened the scoring against Spurs. He had been directly involved in nine goals over the past nine games: four goals, five assists. The contribution, if not always the continuity, was already clear.

If there was a change in Dembele it lay elsewhere, residing in other elements. Perhaps in other people's perceptions, too. When the goal went in, on one level at least, Valverde's task might even have been made harder. Goals, especially goals this brilliant, justify all else even if sometimes maybe they shouldn't: results don't only reinforce the right things. Guidance is more complex when those you seek to help are finding other routes to where they wanted to go.

El Pais suggested that this proved you could be a success at Barcelona "without being a model of punctuality and rectitude," or without fitting the ethical code. It's true, of course, but that framing may also be flawed. And it's not just about one player; it's about them all. Nor is it about one game or nine games, but all of them. This season and beyond.

"It's not so bad. I have seen lots of players oversleep," said former sporting director, Robert Fernandez, and he was right. "What I wonder is why these stories come out so fast? The club should protect him."

It is a telling, legitimate question in this issue, as in so many others -- what interests lie beneath? -- but part of the response might reside in that second line. At least, some at Barcelona see it like that: this was precisely about protection. There would be support but perhaps there needs to be shock, too. Valverde is a calm manager far from authoritarianism but silence, or acquiescence, is not always protection, and the fact that this became expressed publicly (by the coach, by Pique and by Suarez) owed something, rightly or wrongly, to the search for a solution. The perceived need to do something, to find a way through.

Had they done so? "He apologised and we accepted his apology," said Carles Alena. It was time to show Dembele support and affection, he added. The Frenchman had promised it wouldn't happen again. They hoped that the goals would and that they could find a way to accommodate him; there is a footballing dimension to consider as well, not just a disciplinary one. "There's no need to kill him," said Andres Iniesta. There was, a need to play him.

Dembele packed a lot into four days. To take his manager's words, it had been some series: "The Dembele Phenomenon." On Saturday, he had scored a wonderful goal in the derby. On Sunday, he missed training. On Monday, he said sorry. And then he did that against Tottenham.

"Only the chosen can score goals like that," said Ernesto Valverde, the man who had chosen him to play that Tuesday night.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/spanish-prime...ir-young-talent
Posted By: chesterville Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/12/18 09:30 AM
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By Snakeye

I really think we should have bought Aubameyang.

Agreed. He is a brilliant striker.
Posted By: chesterville Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/12/18 09:33 AM
I do think we need a genuine "hit-man". A striker who can actually hit the ball - "boom" from more that 6 yards out and not always rely on our current wiggly-jiggery-pokery then stabbing the ball over the line.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 15/12/18 04:19 PM
We should recall Hunt, he could hit 'em
Posted By: Oli Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 16/12/18 12:37 AM
He is far from being a Klopp signing as he has problems with discipline.
Posted By: chesterville Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 16/12/18 01:06 PM
Generally the only goals we score from outside the 6 yard box are penalties. Jiggery-pokery stab-ins are certainly effective, but are more of a novelty nice occurance, than an incredible climax.
Posted By: klopp4kop Re: Ousmane Demb�l� to Liverpool? - 16/12/18 04:29 PM
Just another Balotelli, no thanks.
© KopTalk Forums