KopTalk.com
FSG reportedly want �1b to buy Liverpool Fc

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-takeover-amanda-staveley-price-11303882
Seems fair. The amount of money In football and the amount we are now generating. We are profitable and the value is only gonna go up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FSG slap on a price tag of �1b for Liverpool FC - 08/10/17 10:33 AM
Yes think all Premier League Clubs are now worth a few bob...clubs like West Ham and Leicester City I think make the top 20 rich list now and that's down to one moving into a new stadium and the other winning one Premier League title..
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Seems fair. The amount of money In football and the amount we are now generating. We are profitable and the value is only gonna go up.

Are we profitable now, haven't seen or heard of the 2017 accounts? We made a 19m loss in 2016.
Seems fair to me and is also the reason we'll not be sold. How many people are out there who have the money to buy us and also the money to pump into the team, stadium etc?
Just sounds like lazy journalism to me, she was there to talk about a deal for Newcastle everyone reported, I'm hoping she was there for a deal to buy us, but I doubt it.
I did think it was very public how she sat in the stands, Sky had been briefed as they showed her in the stands and had all the background info on her, so its seemed she was sending a message.....

I can see FSG selling if they get the bid they want, FFP never happened as they hoped, transfer fee's are escalating, so to make/keep us competitive will take heavy investment, which I don't think they want to do, they are also starting to receive allot of criticism which they will not like.

Stavely represents the people who have the money to pump into the club to take us to the next level, so hopefully it comes off.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FSG slap on a price tag of �1b for Liverpool FC - 08/10/17 03:39 PM
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I did think it was very public how she sat in the stands, Sky had been briefed as they showed her in the stands and had all the background info on her, so its seemed she was sending a message.....

I can see FSG selling if they get the bid they want, FFP never happened as they hoped, transfer fee's are escalating, so to make/keep us competitive will take heavy investment, which I don't think they want to do, they are also starting to receive allot of criticism which they will not like.

Stavely represents the people who have the money to pump into the club to take us to the next level, so hopefully it comes off.
so you think there are people out there looking for a plaything or toy then as no serious investor is going to put 1.4 billion into us when we play football in the same place as United, City and Chelsea....
Originally Posted By giorgiomoroder

so you think there are people out there looking for a plaything or toy then as no serious investor is going to put 1.4 billion into us when we play football in the same place as United, City and Chelsea....

I don't think buyers pay a �billion for a play thing, she represents serious investors, these days nations are also buying top clubs like Man City/PSG, so it's not necessarily a making money exercise, it's about promoting the nation, but with the money in football now, values are going up, with the likes of Facebook/Amazon getting involved, it's all going to increase, so it's a less risky investment these days.

We still have a bigger fanbase world wide than the likes of Man City & Chelsea and that's with limited success over the last 25 years, so any investor looking at that will think, imagine if they buy us and get us winning things again, we could be huge.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FSG slap on a price tag of �1b for Liverpool FC - 08/10/17 06:31 PM

I don't think buyers pay a �billion for a play thing, she represents serious investors, these days nations are also buying top clubs like Man City/PSG, so it's not necessarily a making money exercise, it's about promoting the nation, but with the money in football now, values are going up, with the likes of Facebook/Amazon getting involved, it's all going to increase, so it's a less risky investment these days.

We still have a bigger fanbase world wide than the likes of Man City & Chelsea and that's with limited success over the last 25 years, so any investor looking at that will think, imagine if they buy us and get us winning things again, we could be huge.
yes can see where your coming from...Chelsea have a bigger fanbase than us tho, you can double check that and as for limited success I think they are the most successful club in the last 15 years if actualy picking up trophies..not as convinced on that one tho.
I agree there are serious investors out there looking to make profits but they are only going to be the same as the owners we have now motive wise and like Hicks and Gillette before them in that they are here to put profit before trophies.
The way I see it is this...if we got richer investors than FSG and it allowed us to buy more expensive players...all that would happen is Roman, The Glazers and Sheikh Monsoor would just up what they are now paying for players so there will are always be the same gap between us that's there now....that's why I say we can only hope for owners who will treat the club like a play thing so we could match them...there's none if any of those around...just my opinion tho..

yes can see where your coming from...Chelsea have a bigger fanbase than us tho, you can double check that and as for limited success I think they are the most successful club in the last 15 years if actualy picking up trophies..not as convinced on that one tho.
I agree there are serious investors out there looking to make profits but they are only going to be the same as the owners we have now motive wise and like Hicks and Gillette before them in that they are here to put profit before trophies.
The way I see it is this...if we got richer investors than FSG and it allowed us to buy more expensive players...all that would happen is Roman, The Glazers and Sheikh Monsoor would just up what they are now paying for players so there will are always be the same gap between us that's there now....that's why I say we can only hope for owners who will treat the club like a play thing so we could match them...there's none if any of those around...just my opinion tho..

I'll be happy if whoever buys us invests more in players/club and makes us more competitive, anyone who's going to buy us from FSG will do that in my book, as the price they will pay will be so high, that it would make no sense to pay such a premium and then not build on it.

I just fear FSG will price us out of the market, but if Stavely was there to work on buying us, she knows FSG and she knows the money they are talking, so to make such a public appearance and to have briefed the media, people like that do not put themselves in the public eye for no reason, I think this all links to the approach last year that suddenly went quiet.

We are probably at the peak time for FSG to sell us, we have a top class manager, ground has been expanded as much as they will expand generating extra corporate revenue, we are in the CL and have had a �100+ million bid for one of our players that we could afford to reject.
Actually, a latest Forbes report valued us at 1.1B.

The price tage slapped by FSG seems fair to me. It is a good business to them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FSG slap on a price tag of �1b for Liverpool FC - 09/10/17 08:07 AM
Makes far better sense for any potential investor to buy a Villa, Everton, Leeds United or Newcastle United for about 400 million and spend 600 million on players which would win them the league and European Cup than to buy Liverpool for 1 billion and have the sixth best club in the Premier League with nothing else before you spend a dime on new players to win things...just makes no sense money wise...
Makes far better sense for any potential investor to buy a Villa, Everton, Leeds United or Newcastle United for about 400 million and spend 600 million on players which would win them the league and European Cup than to buy Liverpool for 1 billion and have the sixth best club in the Premier League with nothing else before you spend a dime on new players to win things...just makes no sense money wise...

True. However the LFC brand has far greater pull, so it is a lucrative asset regardless of whether the club can actually win anything. Also a serious buyer would no doubt have additional capital set up to improve the playing staff, I would guess?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FSG slap on a price tag of �1b for Liverpool FC - 09/10/17 09:09 AM
Originally Posted By chesterville

True. However the LFC brand has far greater pull, so it is a lucrative asset regardless of whether the club can actually win anything. Also a serious buyer would no doubt have additional capital set up to improve the playing staff, I would guess?
yes your quite right but as we say for the money being talked about any potential investor is not going to be buying a Club like Liverpool to make money is he not for over a billion pounds...he will be buying it as a toy or play thing and won't be bothered if he gets a return on his investment much like City, Chelsea or PSG etc do for that reason he will more likely buy a Club without the history's so the investor can build his own legacy to that club rather than merely just add to what is an existing one already there...just wouldn't make sense in my opinion with the money involved...

In addition, you need additional time & resources to build a winning squad with those middle clubs.

Look at Citeh, their owner is rich and willing to spend. However, they couldnt get world class signings at first even they had so much spending power. They kept on spending a lot and paying premium for average players because everyone knew they were rich and willing to spend but no world class players would like to join unless they paid them excessive wages. The team was full of over-paid average players at first and it took them three or four seasons to get their first trophy and qualify for the CL. They spent around GBP330M from 2008 to 2011 in order to build the title winning team (actually Thaksin spent another GBP40M the season before Abu acquired the club). I do not sure about the acquisition cost of Abu. They took over it from Thaksin and I guess the cost may be low. However, the took over means Abu also took a significant part of Citeh debt, which may be over 100M. The actual cost for them to build a winning squad is not significant lower than buying Liverpool and invest. (For reference, G&H acquired Liverpool for around GBP220M)

If buying LFC, the initial investment may be significant. But, you can get a competitive squad/ worldwide fan base and brand name. You can also save some time and save some resources to buy average players with premium. The team can be ready to challenge trophies with investment made shortly. Imagine if we can really get 150M to spend this year. We would be damn competitive.
Originally Posted By Aberdeenred

Good, if that their opening asking price, it looks like they're interested in doing a deal. Also most such opening asking prices are negotiable, so they might make it easier for a buyer bu settling for around 800m. Let's hope this is not another media stunt.

yes your quite right but as we say for the money being talked about any potential investor is not going to be buying a Club like Liverpool to make money is he not for over a billion pounds...he will be buying it as a toy or play thing and won't be bothered if he gets a return on his investment much like City, Chelsea or PSG etc do for that reason he will more likely buy a Club without the history's so the investor can build his own legacy to that club rather than merely just add to what is an existing one already there...just wouldn't make sense in my opinion with the money involved...

PSG is actually not a club that without history.
Buying a villa for 400m and spending 600m to win something does not guarantee comparable returns on the commercial front.
The club will need to have global fan appeal as a pre-requisite for any interested buyer.
Staveley also represents the likes of DIC, she was the lead on their previous bid to buy us, they are Liverpool fans and and have tried to buy us a few times, so makes sense if they buy a club, why they would want us, they were close to a deal before Moores sold to H&G, which was a big mistake by Moores.

They have probably seen the impact Man City have had on Abu Dhabi profile world wide, for a relatively small investment for Abu Dhabi in buying City, the City success has made them globally known.

Here is an article from 2008 showing DIC and Staveley's trying to buy us before FSG:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/2785738/Liverpool-FC-and-the-role-of-Amanda-Staveley.html
Originally Posted By elimmel
Buying a villa for 400m and spending 600m to win something does not guarantee comparable returns on the commercial front.
The club will need to have global fan appeal as a pre-requisite for any interested buyer.

Agree.

And there is one more interesting point in the financial aspect.

We all know the FFP rule is not going to work 100%. However, it have imposed some restrictions for the owners, expecially new one.

If someone purchases Villa and want to invest 600M, they cannot simply get their cheque book and pay. They need to increase the revenue first so that the spending is justifiable.
They normally do it by getting huge sponsor deals (which is paid by themselves) or selling the stadium naming rights to themselves etc.
However, UEFA is likely to investigate into those deals stricter than before. There is no way they can impose a 600M sponsor deal to a middle club straight away and use that cash to invest on players immediately.
It may take more time for the new owners to inject those funds to the clubs in a form of turnover.
Nowaday, it is not that easy to pass through the FFP. The FFP doesnt work perfectly, but it works in someway to prevent owners to splash cash in a ridiculas way in one or two transfer windows somehow.
I think we lost any chance of dominating the football scene and join football elite when we got back to back yanks and those Dubai and Abu Dhabi groups were declined. theres no hope
© KopTalk Forums