Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dunk Offline OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Offline
KopTalk Editor
I saw this question posed on TV today and thought I'd post it here even though I know it'll be like throwing a hand grenade into the forums grin

Please be nice to each other when you disagree laugh

Should Tony Blair be brought back to help the Government deal with the coronavirus crisis?

It's something Alastair Campbell thinks should happen, due to Blair's experience as a former Prime Minister - but do you think it's a good idea?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
No. If he was an expert in dealing with pandemics then I could see the point but nothing the like if this happened during his time do not sure what help he’d be? If it’s just because he’s been prime minister then why not get Cameron back or May?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
To answer the question a resounding no on so many levels

One thing I read about blairs era stockpiling for a pandemic was put to the government at the time but Blair rejected it. To be fair no one can plan for something like this and no one is experienced in solving it. Blair knows no more than you or I.

We need to trust in the scientists which the government is doing. What matters to me is post virus and the world we face there are some hard decisions like how we interact with china going forward. There is talk also of china facing litigation in the trillions that's going to be interesting

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
To answer the question a resounding no on so many levels

One thing I read about blairs era stockpiling for a pandemic was put to the government at the time but Blair rejected it. To be fair no one can plan for something like this and no one is experienced in solving it. Blair knows no more than you or I.

We need to trust in the scientists which the government is doing. What matters to me is post virus and the world we face there are some hard decisions like how we interact with china going forward. There is talk also of china facing litigation in the trillions that's going to be interesting

Yep, Blair will be a good lap dog to Trump...but I dont think Bojo will be bad neither, might even be better than Blair.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 23/04/20 11:42 AM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
No bloody way...he's a globalist shill who is no doubt revelling in all the current Government takeover. If he had his way he'd be sitting at the head of the Overlord Committee for the NWO!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Blair was a [oops] but this government also failed to act on recommendations from NERVTAG in 2017 about stockpiling ppe so it's the same old [oops].

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion